Other Sectors 
 Xbox One

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Rinzler2010
User

Xbox One

on Wednesday, May, 22, 2013 12:17 PM
Hey Gamers I got to watch some of the press release from microsoft for Xbox One if you have any questions ask me and i more than likely be able to answer.

TRON.dll
User

RE: Xbox One

on Thursday, May, 23, 2013 3:00 AM
I don't know how I feel about it. They're intending for it to be more of a home entertainment all-in-one box, with a major focus on television. I don't like television, I like videogames, and the only videogame they showed was the new Call of Duty, which separates itself from the pack by having a... dog?

The system must also make at least one connection to the internet per day. They didn't provide an explanation for this, but they did say that "most of the appliances you already own require a constant internet connection to work". This baffles me, unless they figure that "limited functionality" and "completely blocked from being able to do anything" are one in the same (spoiler: they're not).

What really bugs me, though, is the way they're combating used games. When a game is played for the first time, that particular copy's CD key is registered to the Xbox Live account currently logged in. Any other account that tries to play that copy of the game will be required to pay the full MSRP of a new copy. In theory, this means I could buy a used copy of Halo 5 for $30, but in order to play it, I'd have to pay an additional $60, meaning my used copy of Halo 5, in order for me to play it, requires that I pay $90.

As far as the conference goes, their TV functionality stuff is cool, I guess. I'm not into sports or television, though, so maybe this console just isn't for me. There were no exclusive games announced apart from a teaser for a new game from Remedy that was too vague to catch my interest.

Playstation 4, I feel, suffers from a lot of the same issues as this. Both of these game consoles are focusing heavily on something other than games. In the case of Xbox One, it's television. With the Playstation 4, it's social networking. I'm no console fanboy by any means, so I don't say this with the intent of starting a flamewar, but it seems to me that the Wii U is the only true game console of this new generation. Playstation 4 has some interesting-looking exclusives, I'll give it that, but I fear that too many of them are going to fall into the realm of "dark, gritty, mature-rated, generictastic", and the same goes for Xbox One.

I would say that I am most disappointed about the false watercooler promises. They said that Xbox was about to become the next watercooler and I'm STILL THIRSTY.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Rectify
User

on Friday, May, 31, 2013 12:08 AM
^^ No, there is no confirmation of used-game hysterics, yet. The market would never allow such shenanigans, anyway. And Sony's chief came out and said that their console will specifically be "games first." I'd rather have a PS4 now, mostly because I don't want a dumb Kinect 2, whose unblinking eye will come with every One. Next-gen hardware is pretty exciting, though, even if it's already on par with my PC right now. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

TRON.dll
User

on Friday, May, 31, 2013 5:12 PM
Rectify Wrote:^^ No, there is no confirmation of used-game hysterics, yet. The market would never allow such shenanigans, anyway.

Now I'm hearing that used game sales will be possible if the seller has Microsoft's cloud system in place in their store. The system will unassociate returned games from the customer's account, allowing them to be re-associated with whoever buys it next. It sounds pretty unnecessary and is going to destroy the ability to resell games at garage sales. I have a feeling we're going to see some kind of Metal Gear Solid 4-style ID tagged gun launderer type thing with Xbox One game discs, haha.

And Sony's chief came out and said that their console will specifically be "games first." I'd rather have a PS4 now, mostly because I don't want a dumb Kinect 2, whose unblinking eye will come with every One. Next-gen hardware is pretty exciting, though, even if it's already on par with my PC right now.

My real issue with PS4 is that it seems to be games and social networking first. The social features seem fairly unnecessary and almost come off as an attempt to capitalize on the success of Wii U's Miiverse community. Miiverse works because it's a social networking community that is focused almost exclusively on videogames, wheras PS4 is doing the same thing, but instead of their own community, it's just Facebook.

Hard to say anything about games on the two consoles, though, considering we haven't actually seen too many of them being played.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Rinzler2010
User

on Monday, June, 03, 2013 5:00 PM
Next week at E3 the announcement said that we would see more stuff on the xbox one and more of the games for it. where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Traahn
User

on Tuesday, June, 04, 2013 3:56 AM
I thought the presentation was lackluster, and as a gamer they didn't really say anything worthwhile about games until 30 minutes into it. And even then, for the next 30 mins I wasn't too impressed. Gamers might not be their main demographic. i know they will reveal more for gamers at E3, but my first impression was, "PS4, here we come " (if the finances come together) -- since i want to play games on consoles, not wave my hands around and tell them I want to switch to TV or browse the Internet. Also, "Xbox One" is a name I really don't like and hope they change it.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Rectify
User

on Thursday, June, 06, 2013 10:27 PM
They revealed used-game details today, along with always-on scenarios. MS said they're leaving it up to publishers to allow, or not, used games to be sold at retailers, which is basically a dodge, I think. Even more disconcerting, the One will check if it's online every 24 hours, and if it isn't, you won't be able to play games. TV, yes, gaming, no. The Playstation is looking better and better, more or less.

MCPcomputer
User

on Saturday, June, 15, 2013 11:03 AM

I'm going with Ps4
and Wii U.

X Box one is for spying/
Kinect is built in with mic and camera.
AND..
they say you can turn it off.
But microsoft got caught being one of the first
to sell out to the NSA Prism program.
So can they be trusted to not spy on your most private moments?
and record it? I think not!

X Box could be used to have programs just to use this place..
and no MCP looking over your shoulder..

But now the serve CLU and his fascist regime now.
But what else would you expect from Microsoft ?

I see the same fate for Windows 8
for the X Box one..
and they did it to themselves..
who ever is the CEO is ruining the company..

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 Xbox One