TRON: UPRISING 
 EXCLUSIVE - TRON: UPRISING's Mielgo on Emmy Win

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Monday, September, 16, 2013 10:49 PM

At the recent Creative Arts Emmy Awards held on September 15th in Los Angeles, California -- Art Director Alberto Mielgo picked up his second award for his visually stunning work on the TRON: UPRISING animated series -- his first was awarded by ASIFA: The International Animated Film Society for Best Production Design in an Animated Television/Broadcast Production -- his Emmy, also in recognition of his Art Direction: Outstanding Individual Achievement In Animation.

I chatted with Mielgo, and he shared some thoughts afterwards:

West: Earlier this year you won an Annie Award for your work on TRON: UPRISING, now you have an Emmy -- how does it feel to have your work on the series acknowledged with these awards?"

Mielgo: Recognition is always very encouraging and motivating. These awards are as far as I can get in Art Direction, so unfortunately -- they make me feel like an unbearable prima donna! This show deserves attention -- and we are receiving it. Everybody has been working very hard, giving their time, souls and passion. My name is on the statue, but these awards very much belong to all our dream team, now sadly dissolved around the world.

West: Looking back on the series -- what was the most exciting thing artistically about working on it?

Mielgo: The very early days, developing the show when I was by myself with Charlie Bean (Executive Producer and Director) and Robert Valley (Lead Character Designer) -- giving shape and style to this world. Working from scratch.

West: Since the series has now ended -- if TRON was to return to animation, what are your thoughts on how you'd like to see it further explored?

Mielgo: The series already has a great amount of rules now in style. And according to the audience, it works. I wouldn't go away from this look at all, but I would definitely explore new locations… In terms of story, who knows what's going to happen with these characters dramatically now waiting in "a box"...!

You can watch the TRON: UPRISING animated series via Netflix, iTunes, Xbox Live Marketplace, the Playstation Store, and Amazon.com Instant Video -- each venue offers full Hi-Definition and Standard Definition viewing options.

Excellent montage of TRON: UPRISING footage -- the official music video for the 3OH!3 and JT remix of Joseph Trapanese's "Lightbike Battle" -- from the TRON: UPRISING soundtrack.

- Jay West

Castor from TRON: LEGACY - "Change the scheme..! Alter the mood...! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.."

combatant_3
User

RE: EXCLUSIVE - TRON: UPRISING's Mielgo on Emmy Win

on Tuesday, September, 17, 2013 1:28 AM
Awesome. He is very deserving of the award. It's really cool that you got that interview also. Great job. It's like there's a big party and Disney is sleeping right through it.

retrorandy
User

on Tuesday, September, 17, 2013 1:57 PM
VERY well deserved.

Thanks for capturing his thoughts after his win too. This show is INCREDIBLE and has so much potential. Sad all the characters are "sitting in a box" waiting to be re-rezzed. I so hope that happens.

The look, the characters, and the scripts stories were all top notch. Congrats to everyone involved in this series, they should be all very proud. This win validates their hard work & talent.

clu.exe
User

on Monday, September, 23, 2013 9:58 PM
A member at Tron Collectors and Fans(on facebook) Lynnea shared that she was able to talk to Jai Nitz, the artist for tron:betrayal. She said jai had ties with disney and that disney is bringing back uprising! Anyone have anyone word on that? Im only asking about this and not really announcing it because even if jai was correct, god knows when disney would actually act on it. But i just must admit that this little bit of new info just makes me quite a lot happier

Oh and you guys should definitely join The TCAF group on facebook. Help grow a tron community in the social network order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Singing: All I want for christmas is a Tron Legacy Identity Disc Replica...

shazbazzar
User

on Wednesday, October, 02, 2013 4:36 PM
Fantastic interview!
I've noticed that shows are only getting their deserved attention after they have been cancelled. Why is that? This show is amazing -- each time a rewatch an episode, I'm more impressed. The stylings, animation, cinematography, storylines, characterizations... Everything is top-of-the-line!

Could it be that the show simply didn't find its target audience?

We're still talking TRON every couple weeks on TRON: Decoding the Grid. It can be found on iTunes and on the ShotGlass Digital network. We would love to hear from more TRON: Uprising fans.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING