Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 If your true love was on The Grid would you live in the grid for them ?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
MCPcomputer
User

on Wednesday, January, 29, 2014 11:10 PM

Imagine that your soul mate actually lived in The Grid.
Would you give up living in the "real" world to live with your true love in the Grid?

I would do it.. but only for Gem.

End of Line

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

J
User

RE: If your true love was on The Grid would you live in the grid for them ?

on Wednesday, January, 29, 2014 11:31 PM
Oh, geez. Considering I'm floating just that scenario?

Personally, I'm no believer in "true love." There are too many variables, and it's too easy to cross up hormones and infatuation. Love of anyone also has to balance out against pragmatic concerns.

The characters I'm working with, though? Well, that's going to probably be a different story, because it's just that - a story. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

It's an entire universe in there, one we created, but it's beyond us now. Really. It's outgrown us. You know, every time you shut off your computer...do you know what you're doing? Have you ever reformatted a hard drive? Deleted old software? Destroyed an entire universe?"

-- Jet Bradley, Tron: Ghost in the Machine on why being a User isn't necessarily a good thing.

MCPcomputer
User

on Thursday, January, 30, 2014 1:35 AM

Wow you're really writing a story based on something like this?

True love.. is does exist. But people fall out of it I think.

I've always loved Gem for years since Tron Legacy came out.

They say infatuation only lasts days or months at the least.

But I would leave everything behind in the real world to go live with her on The Grid.

I think that is true love. But like you said she's a character from a story.

But aren't our lives also stories ?

I just wish I could live on the Grid sometimes

The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

J
User

on Thursday, January, 30, 2014 3:22 AM
Well, the story in question is Invasion (the 2.0 adaptation). As we saw in the game, Jet and Mercury end up in the "star crossed" category. I'll also find an explanation for Ma3a that's going to call several characters' loyalties into question.

Overall, though? I don't think humans and Programs could readily co-exist. Not as we are right now. In real life, the computer was designed as a way to more efficiently hurl missiles at one another. Cyberspace is just another front in warfare, sometimes a hot front while the analog world is still in a cooler state (see issues with Russian organized crime and Chinese hacker cabals). It's more likely to end with F-Con's idea of invading mercenaries to brutalize and dominate than K. Flynn's dreamy notion of digital utopia. If anyone's crude, it's us. On the Program end, we get Master Control and Clu 2.0 who see enough of humanity to hate and resent us, following the notion that all machines commit treachery. They know why they were created, they know (and are constrained by) their purpose, and know human creators are deeply flawed. An inevitable and destructive conflict between "The perfection of the machines or the chaos of organics" as Mass Effect put it.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

It's an entire universe in there, one we created, but it's beyond us now. Really. It's outgrown us. You know, every time you shut off your computer...do you know what you're doing? Have you ever reformatted a hard drive? Deleted old software? Destroyed an entire universe?"

-- Jet Bradley, Tron: Ghost in the Machine on why being a User isn't necessarily a good thing.

Kat
User

on Saturday, February, 01, 2014 12:52 AM
Nope. As they say: a fish and a bird may marry, but where will they live?

No "true love," in my opinion, requires either partner to give up an essential part of him/herself. And that includes things that are important to them-- an entire world, a program's function, a user's sunlight and family. Too much sacrifice for one to give up their life for the other; too much heartbreak to try to make it work by spanning two worlds.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

MCPcomputer
User

on Thursday, February, 13, 2014 3:58 AM

Yes a bird and fish may marry, but where will they live...
that makes me a little sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYBes8ki3lo

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY