Other Sectors 
 R.I.P Robin Williams.

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
EXODUS
User

R.I.P Robin Williams.

on Tuesday, August, 12, 2014 12:04 PM
I first heard about this very early this morning on my bedroom radio. I just missed the start of the news, and had to wait an hour for the next news.

It is very tragic, giving the actual circumstances of his death. 

For such a famous and well liked actor and entertainer, who's brought laughter and happiness to so many throughout his career, it was such a shock for all to end in this way. 

LucrataNexarii
User

RE: R.I.P Robin Williams.

on Tuesday, August, 12, 2014 2:20 PM
I was never one to follow actors, nor much media at all... But hearing of Robin Williams' end - especially in that manner - is saddening news.

For all of those people who are his fans, and for all that light in media and life which he sought to place forward, I hope his legacy is reflected and founded in creativity and inner-strength.

Letters sent to Disney: 7
Let them hear 'Tron lives!!'

Traahn
User

RE: R.I.P Robin Williams.

on Tuesday, August, 12, 2014 9:56 PM
Very sad news :.(  *sigh* 

There is a tie to even.  Bonnie McBird (has Tron co-writing credits) was thinking of Robin Williams for the Flynn character...

http://www.mediamikes.com/2011/09/interview-with-trons-bonnie-macbird/
In addition to developing a personality and character needs for this figure, my first contribution was to create Flynn, as I felt you needed a real life character to interact with Tron inside of the computer. The parallels with both Wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland were immediately apparent. I had recently seen Robin Williams in a small comedy club while covering theatre for Universal and had tried to get him a deal at Uni. I wasn’t successful but he hit big shortly after with Mork and Mindy. Robin was in my mind as Flynn when I created this character.

However the original tone of the film was a bit different, for Flynn I had Robin Williams in mind (see above). So Flynn in my versions was a bit more of a wild man, originally a pizza delivery boy with probably a touch of ADD and a slightly wackier quality. For the record, I loved Jeff Bridges in the role, and because I later read every draft of the film, I noticed that he adlibbed back in some of the humor I was going for originally but was excised in later drafts by other writers. I think he is an actor with astonishing talent and instincts and he sensed that if a guy falls into a computer, a sense of the absurd is needed. Guessing of course on this, but his work was superb.

and this, from a McBird interview posted by Esotek:
http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?a=top&id=369609
"It was quite different in its original concept. I worked on TRON for two years before it went to Disney. I had Robin Williams (then a new star in Mork and Mindy) in mind as Flynn, originally Flynn was a pizza delivery boy who fell inside the computer and had to find his way out. The script originally had a lot more humor in it, and more layered characters. The bit who longed to be a program, the program who longed to be a human, etc. It went through more incarnations than four there were eight sets of writers after me and a rather bitter credits dispute. "

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 R.I.P Robin Williams.