TRON: LEGACY 
 Tron 3 imdb update

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
combatant_3
User

Tron 3 imdb update

on Saturday, February, 21, 2015 9:33 PM
I just checked IMDb and as of February 17, Cindy Morgan and Olivia Wilde are no longer listed on the cast of the Tron: Legacy Sequel. I know it's not a done deal, but I wonder what prompted them to take them off of the cast listing. I can't imagine Tron 3 without Quorra in it.

CardioFunk
User

RE: Tron 3 imdb update

on Monday, February, 23, 2015 7:17 AM
Perhaps there's a feature that causes rumors to expire, so they don't have to manually update who knows how many different entries. Just hopeful thinking.

MCPcomputer
User

on Tuesday, March, 17, 2015 4:37 PM
I've been hearing a lot about Tron filming finally this year??
That is great news! Finally I get to ride light cycles again !

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

Tzigone
User

on Friday, March, 20, 2015 10:35 AM
combatant_3 Wrote:I just checked IMDb and as of February 17, Cindy Morgan and Olivia Wilde are no longer listed on the cast of the Tron: Legacy Sequel. I know it's not a done deal, but I wonder what prompted them to take them off of the cast listing. I can't imagine Tron 3 without Quorra in it.
Agreed.  Especially since her existence was such a bit deal in Legacy.  And the recent rumors said GH was attached, but didn't mention OW, did they?

combatant_3
User

on Friday, March, 20, 2015 6:36 PM
Yeah, as of now it's just Garrett Hedlund and Bruce Boxleitner. I would really like to see Cillian Murphy in it too. It'll be exciting to see additions to the cast as we get closer to fall.

PixelatedProgram
User

on Monday, March, 30, 2015 6:08 PM
What's going to suck though is the absence of Jeff Bridges... It's hard to imagine The Grid (and the whole Tron franchise nonetheless) without our boy Flynn... Maybe we'll find a loophole around the tragic ending of Tron: Legacy, yeah? ;; And I couldn't see them getting rid of Olivia, because Quorra is a very important part of Tron: Legacy... I'll say it's just a timed thing, or there's no confirmation so they would rather keep it off of there than put it on there until there's official confirmation from Disney and the Tron crew themselves.

http://kingnates.tumblr.com

combatant_3
User

on Tuesday, March, 31, 2015 1:38 AM
Yeah, I'm totally expecting Quorra to be back. You're right, she's too important not to be in the next movie. As for Kevin Flynn not being in the movie, it can't be worse than Tron as Rinzler and not actually Tron. I can see Kevin Flynn showing up in flash backs though. I'm just happy there's another movie and that we'll get to see Tron in full effect.

PixelatedProgram
User

on Wednesday, April, 01, 2015 10:02 AM
combatant_3 Wrote:Yeah, I'm totally expecting Quorra to be back. You're right, she's too important not to be in the next movie. As for Kevin Flynn not being in the movie, it can't be worse than Tron as Rinzler and not actually Tron. I can see Kevin Flynn showing up in flash backs though. I'm just happy there's another movie and that we'll get to see Tron in full effect.
Good point. What I REALLY want to see is Alan on The Grid. Just imagining Tron meeting his user face-to-face for the first time... it'd be an amazing moment. Furthermore, Quorra not exactly getting the user world would be good comic relief, don't you think?  

http://kingnates.tumblr.com

combatant_3
User

on Thursday, April, 02, 2015 8:21 PM
Yes, I think it would be fun as long as her character maintains the same balance as Legacy. 
"Profoundly naive, unimaginatively wise."

BigE73
User

on Tuesday, April, 07, 2015 6:39 PM
According to this link, Olivia Wilde is on-board:
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/olivia-wilde-reteams-with-garrett-hedlund-for-115784283482.html
Yahoo links to the original article on Hollywood Reporter:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/olivia-wilde-reteams-garrett-hedlund-786680
Yes, I still lurk the forums. News of Tron 3 will have me coming around more often!

I can probably make make that, Just ask.

Tzigone
User

on Wednesday, April, 08, 2015 11:08 AM
PixelatedProgram Wrote: Furthermore, Quorra not exactly getting the user world would be good comic relief, don't you think?  
God, I hope she doesn't act like a clueless, ditzy idiot. She's had as much information and exposure about the user world as Sam did about the Grid, so a similar level of cluelessness/humor would be appropriate.

KingJ.exe
User

on Wednesday, April, 08, 2015 12:15 PM
combatant_3 Wrote:Yes, I think it would be fun as long as her character maintains the same balance as Legacy. 
"Profoundly naive, unimaginatively wise."
Agreed. I'd love to see her not "get" things, but then there being a time or two where she "gets" something better than Sam himself gets it.
Also I'd love to see her talking to kitchen appliances and not understanding why Sam doesn't talk to his coffee maker. "You have to let the program's know you care about them, even if they can't really hear you, they can feel you."
Something like that, where its goofy and deep all in one.

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

Tzigone
User

on Wednesday, April, 08, 2015 3:50 PM
Also I'd love to see her talking to kitchen appliances and not understanding why Sam doesn't talk to his coffee maker. "You have to let the program's know you care about them, even if they can't really hear you, they can feel you."
Something like that, where its goofy and deep all in one.
This doesn't work for me because it's not how programs perceive things (in my opinion, of course).  They expect/desire real communication - that's why Tron (and so many others) being cut off from the I/O towers mattered so much.  Talking to the coffee maker is nothing to the programs inside if it doesn't have voice interface.  They can't feel the user.  Communication takes place through prescribed channels and that's how they know the users are out there.

And, of course, there's the entire bit about Quorra being an ISO instead of a program.  Admittedly, we don't get a lot of program psychology, but what we see Tron do is at least generally about fulfilling the purpose he was written for - same for for Dumont and especially Clu.  Less so, Yori.  ISOs are different - they are not preprogrammed to fill a certain function.  Obviously "the Creator" matters a huge amount to Quorra, but I think ISOs have more freedom/flexibility/plasticity/can't-come-up-with-the-right-word than programs.  Programs don't seem to want warm and fuzzies from their users, but instructions, aid in solving problems, etc.

Maybe I could go for a "they deserve to be acknowledged for a job done well, even if they'll never hear it."  Or maybe I could buy Flynn never having explained to Quorra how communication takes place from the User perspective so she doesn't initially understand that spoken words aren't heard by programs, but I'm iffy on that.

Kat
User

on Tuesday, April, 14, 2015 7:29 PM
Tzigone Wrote:

God, I hope she doesn't act like a clueless, ditzy idiot. She's had as much information and exposure about the user world as Sam did about the Grid, so a similar level of cluelessness/humor would be appropriate.

Yes, please.  One of the things that annoys me most in Tron fanfic is when writers bring programs to TRW and make them act like five-year-olds.  Being in an unfamiliar environment/not knowing everything =/= having one's intellect revert to kindergarten, TYVM.

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

compscareme
User

on Thursday, April, 16, 2015 12:57 PM
PixelatedProgram Wrote:

Good point. What I REALLY want to see is Alan on The Grid. Just imagining Tron meeting his user face-to-face for the first time... it'd be an amazing moment.

I agree this would be really cool.  Probably because we know Tron has a high respect for and joy about Alan(-1)...and Alan has been ambling around in the real world this whole time.  Curious to know what his opinions of the grid or computer world would be. 

All that is visible must grow beyond itself, and extend into the realm of the invisible.
(Dumont)

retrorandy
User

on Sunday, April, 19, 2015 5:24 PM
If they're not bringing back Jeff Bridges in some way what would it hurt to have Cindy Morgan in TRON 3. For me the whole Quorra in the Real World is a big, boring mistake. TRON is supposed to be about the world inside the computer. 

With the internet, multi-player gaming, etc. there's so much to explore. I personally would like to see a new director/take on TRON also. While visually interesting Legacy was a terrible mishmash of junk and a bore to watch. 

I LOVE TRON Uprising. They need some of the creative talented people that made that animated series to work on TRON 3. That series (in the look & concepts) stayed so much more true to the what the original concept of TRON. Plus, it had engaging story lines and some good villains. 

Tzigone
User

on Sunday, April, 19, 2015 8:14 PM
I'd enjoy seeing Lora again.  Yori, too.  But this is a sequel to Legacy (presumably set near after) with OW and GH - it needs the look and feel of Legacy at least as much as the original.  And Quorra's importance to the User world is too important an element of Legacy to be ignored or forgotten in a sequel.  And I really love the user-world, beginning part of the first movie, anyway.

Of course, I really enjoyed Legacy.  I liked the first movie, but it was the sequel that made me join a message board and read fanfic.  It carried more emotional weight with me.  And  I loved The Next Day.  Real-world consequences are very interesting to me, but I know not so interesting to the the bulk of the movie-going audience and probably too far in the past, story/narrative-wise, to get a lot of attention. Though I'd be thrilled if the new one was set less than a year later, I admit.  Especially if it went the Dillinger route hinted at in extras.  A little dialog with that as set-up for the in-Grid adventure seems reasonable.

But Legacy was very much a passing-of-the-torch movie.  From one generation to the next.  I don't think passing the torch back is a good story-telling tactic.  Alan (or Lora, or Roy) could be used as a third primary, but that seems unlikely to me.  Tron or Yori maybe more likely.  Especially is Tron's "healing" is part of the movie. If so, I'm very much in favor of Yori as a support with a coding-based (rather than psychology-based) "fix" and, of course, Alan is the only one suitable for that.  I'm not sure Alan on the outside trying to help can work from a story-telling POV, though.  A user, outside, has too much power.  That's why Alan's locked out in the first movie and there's no one out there (Sam came to arcade alone) in the second.  Fortunately, we know code can be modified from the inside. 

combatant_3
User

on Monday, April, 20, 2015 12:33 AM
retrorandy Wrote:If they're not bringing back Jeff Bridges in some way what would it hurt to have Cindy Morgan in TRON 3. For me the whole Quorra in the Real World is a big, boring mistake. TRON is supposed to be about the world inside the computer. 
I agree that Quorra in the real world could be a boring mistake IF they do it wrong. It seems like a really big challenge, but I'm confident that Joseph Kosinski and his team can pull it off. And I'm pretty certain his team will include people from "Uprising". It would be cool to bring in Cindy Morgan and I hope she joins the cast but I'm really eager to see if Cillian Murphy is in.

Moses613
User

Just where is this news coming from, anyway?

on Tuesday, April, 21, 2015 6:36 PM
Well? No one seems to be saying, and we know Disney hasn't said anything, so where is this ultimately coming from? I'll breathe a little easier when I see the teaser at Comicon. 

Kat
User

on Tuesday, April, 21, 2015 10:49 PM
Moses613 Wrote:Well? No one seems to be saying, and we know Disney hasn't said anything, so where is this ultimately coming from? I'll breathe a little easier when I see the teaser at Comicon. 

I've kind of wondered that-- as in, how much stock are we putting in IMDB?  I don't know at all how they operate.  Do they get their info direct from the movie studios, or when it comes to new films, do they operate on rumor and whatever they can pick up?  Because I'm not sure I would use "I saw it on IMDB" as a definite cause to believe a certain person is or isn't involved in a film?

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Tron 3 imdb update