Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Has anyone Tronified their room before? could you give me some advice!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
MCPcomputer
User

on Monday, May, 18, 2015 7:22 PM

So I have some Discs that I need to get modded. and next I want a laser keyboard that glows in the dark. it will look nice on my desk and make me feel like dilinger while I type on the glass on top of my desk.

Next I want to decorate the walls with glowing tron designs. I don't know if I should make them myself or buy them or a combo of both. Have any of you ever Tronified your room and how did it go? Any advice would be great!

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

BigE73
User

RE: Has anyone Tronified their room before? could you give me some advice!

on Monday, May, 18, 2015 8:26 PM
Cheapest projection keyboards I've found are on Ebay and amazon, of course, there's also a DIY kit:
http://www.jameco.com/1/1/52411-kit0030-laser-keyboard-kit-v2-diy-laser-keyboard.html
*EDIT to add, the manufacturer of that kit has discontinued it... major bummer, but you may still be able to get one

There are also many open source projection keyboard projects online, some use digital projectors, webcams or Kinect sensors. Just be sure to get a laser keyboard that connects via USB too, so you won't need bluetooth or occasional recharging. I've found some online for about $65 they also make laser keyboards with green laser diodes now, but they're usually about $130

as for "tronifying" a room; I've never personally done it, but using a digital projector, it would be possible to tronify a room using augmented reality, and it wouldn't require any modification to your room. lots of cheap projectors out there, you just need to look around.

I can probably make make that, Just ask.

MCPcomputer
User

on Monday, June, 01, 2015 4:19 PM

OK awesome! Thanks for the intro. I needed that!
I am going to try to get one of those keyboards.
I wish they have blue lasers though? someone has to have made a modded one.

I also want my Tron Discs modded finally.
I still need to get  Kevin Flynn disc.. even though they are pretty expensive now.

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

4N0N v3.0
User

on Monday, August, 31, 2015 4:00 PM
One, make all black and use a minimalistic style to make feel like the original movie, and use lots of blues and reds for the line things whatever they are called. Plus add a computer, you need the computer.

Hello Gamers and Gals alike!

digit
User

on Monday, August, 31, 2015 8:43 PM
I bought an 8" tablet from Zeki so I can type without a keyboard.  Makes the same clicking noise as Flynn's SolarOS machine.

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

4N0N v3.0
User

on Thursday, September, 03, 2015 5:28 PM
OMG man that is so cool

Hello Gamers and Gals alike!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion