General Discussion 
 Tron Adaptation Comic

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Traahn
User

Tron Adaptation Comic

on Wednesday, September, 16, 2015 2:05 AM
Wow, I really don't think I ever saw a Tron Original Movie Adaptation comic before, or got it?  Don't remember it ever coming out.  Of course, a lot has happened the past few years, so maybe I'm just forgetting, but I think I would've remembered it.

http://uncommongeek.com/2015/05/13/comic-review-tron-original-movie-adaptation/

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

trekking95
User

RE: Tron Adaptation Comic

on Wednesday, September, 16, 2015 8:25 AM
Traahn Wrote:Wow, I really don't think I ever saw a Tron Original Movie Adaptation comic before, or got it?  Don't remember it ever coming out.  Of course, a lot has happened the past few years, so maybe I'm just forgetting, but I think I would've remembered it.

http://uncommongeek.com/2015/05/13/comic-review-tron-original-movie-adaptation/
It's so uncommon only "uncommon geek" has it.  

Thanks to FlynnOne for the signature!

Save Tron 3!

Kat
User

on Wednesday, September, 16, 2015 11:22 PM
I have this.  Got it on sale when Borders was closing, maybe?  (At least, that's how I got Betrayal, and I might've gotten this one at the same time.  So, IOW, it was several years ago.)

Frankly, I wasn't that impressed.  The person in this review quotes the beginning of the comic... yeah, I think stuff like that was unnecessary from the writer(s).  Mostly because it's a film adaptation, not fanfic; I don't care to know one writer's personal waxing unless I know it came from Disney and not the writer's own head.

It's a fun read, but I'm too much of a purist when it comes to canon-ish stuff.  I did like the illustration, except for taking issue with how some of the characters were portrayed (okay, I'm a purist there, too: if it's a graphic novel of a film, IMO the characters should look like the actors at least somewhat).

Amazon has it: http://www.amazon.com/Tron-Adaptation-ADAPTATION-May-18-11-Paperback/dp/B007SKHS1E/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1442460511&sr=1-2&keywords=tron

ETA: Okay, so when I search on Amazon under "books" for "Tron," I get all sorts of interesting things I'd never heard of.

A choose-your-own-adventure book???
An activity book??
And I totally want this old T82 popup book.

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

trekking95
User

on Thursday, September, 17, 2015 2:28 AM
Kat Wrote:I have this.  Got it on sale when Borders was closing, maybe?  (At least, that's how I got Betrayal, and I might've gotten this one at the same time.  So, IOW, it was several years ago.)

Frankly, I wasn't that impressed.  The person in this review quotes the beginning of the comic... yeah, I think stuff like that was unnecessary from the writer(s).  Mostly because it's a film adaptation, not fanfic; I don't care to know one writer's personal waxing unless I know it came from Disney and not the writer's own head.

It's a fun read, but I'm too much of a purist when it comes to canon-ish stuff.  I did like the illustration, except for taking issue with how some of the characters were portrayed (okay, I'm a purist there, too: if it's a graphic novel of a film, IMO the characters should look like the actors at least somewhat).

Amazon has it: http://www.amazon.com/Tron-Adaptation-ADAPTATION-May-18-11-Paperback/dp/B007SKHS1E/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1442460511&sr=1-2&keywords=tron

ETA: Okay, so when I search on Amazon under "books" for "Tron," I get all sorts of interesting things I'd never heard of.

A choose-your-own-adventure book???
An activity book??

I'm still waiting for the Tron Daily Devotional and the Tron For Dummies books.

Thanks to FlynnOne for the signature!

Save Tron 3!

Traahn
User

on Thursday, September, 17, 2015 3:18 AM
Kat Wrote:
Thanks for the info and links

I actually have that pop-up book!  Randomly saw it at a bookstore in some small town on the outskirts, if I remember correctly... caught me by surprise, as it's not the type of book I would've expected to come across there.  I snatched it up, as it was inexpensive and cool... I never knew it existed.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

MCPcomputer
User

on Monday, September, 21, 2015 10:42 PM

Wow I never knew they had a Tron Comic! I would love to have one of those!

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Tron Adaptation Comic