Old DOS or Win95 Strategy Game with Tron Tank

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Encom511
User

on Monday, June, 27, 2016 10:44 PM
Greetings, Programs!!

I recently rediscovered Tron 1982!  I got the DVD for Father's Day and have been having fun rewatching it over the past couple of weeks.

I just recalled there is a tank that looks really similar to the Tron tanks in an old strategy PC game.  I cannot remember the title of the game.  It was on a mid 90s PC Gamer magazine demo CD.  I never owned the game, I just played the demo.  

There was a cut scene where a bunch of futuristic vehicles are rolling through green countryside blasting each other.  One of them is the freakin' Tron tank!!!  

Anybody know what I'm talking about?  I am now obsessed with finding out the title of the game...

Wow, I'm gonna have to launch a full scale investigation!!!

TRON.dll
User

RE: Old DOS or Win95 Strategy Game with Tron Tank

on Friday, July, 01, 2016 12:37 AM
It's a long shot, but are you perhaps thinking of the PC/DOS release of Nectaris?

EDIT: Here's a Youtube video of this game's battle cutscenes in action. Is this the game you were thinking of?

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Encom511
User

RE: Old DOS or Win95 Strategy Game with Tron Tank

on Saturday, July, 02, 2016 7:29 PM
Nope.  It was on a PC Gamer demo CD from 95 or 96.  I recall the intro cutscene ran super fast on my speedy new Pentium 233MHz computer!  

I think it must have been an obscure war game.  The tanks were odd and had offset turrets like the Tron tanks....pretty sure they were EXACTLY like the Tron tanks!  There were a number of futuristic vehicles in the game.  The intro looked like something the battle from Star Wars Episode 1.  I hope I'm remembering this right....

Man, I need to get up to the attic, dig out the box of CDs and find that game demo.  

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Games