New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
tron85
User

Tron: Identity

on Saturday, September, 17, 2022 10:10 AM
A new Tron game.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2109430/Tron_Identity/

I hope that there will be some classic designs (and music) in it. I just prefer it to the Tron: Legacy look.

//also: Greetings, programs! Haven't been here for a while, hope you're all doing fine!

Boxleitnerfan1689
User

RE: Tron: Identity

on Tuesday, September, 20, 2022 3:53 PM
Oooh, looks good!

Traahn
User

on Wednesday, September, 21, 2022 2:11 AM
Darn. Someday, I hope we get another single-player immersive Tron world campaign to roam about in, like Tron 2.0, only better.

The last few games have been the antithesis of what I want. When I think "Tron", I don't think of arcade-y "mindless parkour wall runs", "static puzzle/conversation games", and "straight-forward lightcycle rides to read placards showing Tron factoids."

Tron games can't get any more 'mobile', 'simplistic', or 'web-browser powered' than they already have been the past 15+ years, and it's too bad.

The Tron franchise and setting just continues to go to waste, imo. Tron 2.0 came out almost 20 years ago! And that was the last worthwhile Tron game. A Tron game using current techs could be amazing.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next Tron video games after this one will be a Tron card game, a Tron costume dress-up game, and "TronVille" inspired by FarmVille.

I agree, tron85, that it'd be nice to embrace the 1982 style more than the latest aesthetic. Might never happen, though, considering the franchise's trajectory

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

jgrrrv1
User

on Monday, September, 26, 2022 3:10 PM
This new game is really promising. I am sure they are innovating with this new version. It is exciting to get to try it first. Thank you! Comfort Temp Heating & Air

RenegadeProgram
User

on Wednesday, September, 28, 2022 12:44 PM
@Traahn

Agreed.  If they connect Flynn's private server (the one in Legacy) to the ENCOM server, I bet the look will be a mix of the '82 aesthetic and the Tron system aesthetic. I read it takes place 1000 (digital) years after the events of Legacy in the private server. 

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Tron: Identity