Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Tron 3: Ares Moving Foward With Jared Leto & Director Joachim Rønning?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Jason.exe
User

on Saturday, January, 21, 2023 8:29 AM
https://variety.com/2023/film/news/tron-3-jared-leto-joachim-ronning-1235495033/

Thoughts Programs?

Traahn
User

RE: Tron 3: Ares Moving Foward With Jared Leto & Director Joachim Rønning?

on Saturday, January, 21, 2023 10:47 PM
Exciting news! I saw that. I'm trying to temper my expectations, though, considering there have been many false alarms about Tron sequels in the past. Both before Tron Legacy came out, and after.

I would give more weight to this news if there was an official announcement by Disney. However, whichever article I read the other day explicitly said something about Disney had no official comment on the news/rumor (I'm paraphrasing since I can't find the article at the moment)

I hope they disband the idea a direct sequel to Tron Legacy where a bunch of programs from inside the grid go into the real world and stay out there for probably 90% of the movie. I know that's likely where T:L was headed, but I far prefer keeping programs in movies inside the computer. There are more than enough movies that take place in 'the real world'. Let's keep Tron ->

I wouldn't ask for the next Star Wars movies to take place inside a computer on the game grid. Or the next Lord of the Rings movie to take place on the moon. Nor would most people. Why shouldn't Tron's unique aesthetic and universe be equally embraced.

So, I'm hopeful, but cautiously optimistic. I'd appreciate a new Tron movie, but really hope they do it good justice visually. And by this, I mean remembering where Tron started (i.e., 1982) and embracing more of the visual cues, aesthetics, ideas, and laws of physics the 1982 original had

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

cinderbike
User

RE: Tron 3: Ares Moving Foward With Jared Leto & Director Joachim Rønning?

on Thursday, February, 29, 2024 11:10 PM
The official synopsis and first still dropped today. It is indeed ‘programs in our world’. Ares looks cool though.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion