General Discussion 
 Sark's magical networking?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
ShadowDragon1
User

Re: Sark's magical networking?

on Saturday, August, 01, 2009 2:22 PM
iGame3D Wrote:"Reindeer Flotilla" was his password, not a code.
If they put real code on screen it most likely would have been Assembly language, and that would have been even weirder.

"The System" of the electronic world connects all electronic equipment on earth everywhere, not just the Encom computer or a single network of any kind.

Apparently from the book's description, "The System" would also include every floating satellite as well... "

I agree. That's how I viewed things as well. The Programs are beings of energy, made up of energy (electrons perhaps) that exist in a microcosmic, digital dimension.

So I see no problem with Sark, being conveyed via transport (energy transference) to the light Cycles game that is the light cycle arcade game in Flynn's Arcade;
even though it just plugged into the wall with a power cable and not hooked up to ARPANet or not directly wired to be connected to Encom's main server/Computer system.

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

Cam_the_Man
User

on Saturday, August, 01, 2009 5:24 PM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:
If they put real code on screen it most likely would have been Assembly language, and that would have been even weirder.

"The System" of the electronic world connects all electronic equipment on earth everywhere, not just the Encom computer or a single network of any kind.

Apparently from the book's description, "The System" would also include every floating satellite as well... "

I agree. That's how I viewed things as well. The Programs are beings of energy, made up of energy (electrons perhaps) that exist in a microcosmic, digital dimension.

So I see no problem with Sark, being conveyed via transport (energy transference) to the light Cycles game that is the light cycle arcade game in Flynn's Arcade;
even though it just plugged into the wall with a power cable and not hooked up to ARPANet or not directly wired to be connected to Encom's main server/Computer system.

It just occurred to me; if the MCP could beam a human being into the digital world, surely he could transfer a program through a powercord. Any agree/disagree? I swear, if you say that Sark couldn't be transferred through the power cord because it was just a power cord, and yet accept that a human was beamed into the system, then your priorities are out of order (Aimed at no one in general)

In the midst of Team Fortress 2:
TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"
Cam_the_Man: "No! Not all of Dallas!"

Oniell Ford
User

on Saturday, August, 01, 2009 7:31 PM
Cam_the_Man Wrote:
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:

It just occurred to me; if the MCP could beam a human being into the digital world, surely he could transfer a program through a powercord. Any agree/disagree? I swear, if you say that Sark couldn't be transferred through the power cord because it was just a power cord, and yet accept that a human was beamed into the system, then your priorities are out of order (Aimed at no one in general)

I agree. Wires are basically conduits with Energy and Information flowing through them, so it's logical to say that a Program can travel them. Besides, the Data Ports/Streams in "TRON 2.0" are basically what allows things to travel from one Computer to the next.

So the MCP probably invented them and allowed Sark (and maybe other Programs) to travel to and from many diffrent Electronics.

And besides, if a Data Stream/Port did'nt open the Wires for things to travel to and from, then how else would it do that? I know doing things Wireless, but it seems like it's giving the Program(s) a 2 out of 5 chance of making it through.

My username on TRON 2.0 is VWrath.User
If you want to play, PM me on this site or contact me on Steam.

"Tron is the jesus of breakfast cerials" - Ticklemetastic (A TRON fan on Steam)

ShadowDragon1
User

on Saturday, August, 01, 2009 9:38 PM
To quote the movie

" a little disorientation during transport, it'll all come back to you" or some such.

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

Compucore
User

on Saturday, August, 01, 2009 10:46 PM
Sark could have been transported to an actual arcade game back. I guess for movie purposes we can go with that for arguement sake. Since Sark and the MCP are on a Mainframce computer. And in the beginning for the first scene when he is fighting against a used that is playin in a real world. Having the experience being a computer technician it does break a lot of rule of networking. Since most arcade games were not networked back them Games wise I mean. Since the movement of today's arcde where they are networked between combersume machines like for racing games mainly. But since it is a movie that we all love to watch. I have to think that it is our favorite movie and have to set aside of what I know about computers, and netowrking for this. And not over analyse wha I know not to what is in the film. And the courses that I have taken in college for Cinematography.

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

iGame3D
User

on Sunday, August, 02, 2009 2:38 AM
Here's from the script

MCP:
I hope you've enjoyed being a command
program, Sark. I wonder how you'll like
working in a pocket calculator... maybe
one of those watches that plays "Happy
Birthday" to its User once a year.

Gives you an idea of just how connected and extensive "the System" is.
If it was electronic in nature, the MCP had access to it.
Theoretically all programs did, they just didn't have the instructions to bother going beyond their particular machine, and surely few programmers would be inclined to even imagine how extensive "the System" was.

As illustrated in the post above, if you teach a programmer or system admin "this is the only way a network works", the vast majority will accept that and not even imagine their could be a way to hack around it.

Ah here's also from the script, this was supposed to be in the intro, where now there is just music and title effects.

"As astonishing advances in computer
science are made, artificial intelligence
programs are being designed to assist
us in every area of life.
In a world-wide network of electronics,
they travel through miles of circuitry
at the speed of light. We created them to
calculate and research, to help us design
and heal and think. With all that they can
do, are they only electrical impulses...
or are they a new form of life?"

Jademz
User

on Sunday, August, 02, 2009 2:50 PM
Oniell Ford Wrote:
Cam_the_Man Wrote:
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:

I agree. Wires are basically conduits with Energy and Information flowing through them, so it's logical to say that a Program can travel them. Besides, the Data Ports/Streams in "TRON 2.0" are basically what allows things to travel from one Computer to the next.

So the MCP probably invented them and allowed Sark (and maybe other Programs) to travel to and from many diffrent Electronics.

And besides, if a Data Stream/Port did'nt open the Wires for things to travel to and from, then how else would it do that? I know doing things Wireless, but it seems like it's giving the Program(s) a 2 out of 5 chance of making it through.

I've got a different take on things. First off, the phenomenon of things occuring in the film were started in a supercomputer. The direction of the uses of these things in our lives are also what draws "users" - us. For this reason the film must use a defining representation to to produce mechanisms for the sake of technology, proof of reason, and concept.

So to relate that in today's technology the evolution would be a multitude of determinations, algorithms and engineering dynamics.

It seems anyone would make an isolated monster that awakens at the bottom of the ocean that walks into powerlines to get more powerful and evolve.. But this isn't that type of fantasy, it's man made, yes, but part of Tron is a tale of scientific knowledge between man and artificial intelligence, and an entire new ecology based plane of continuum mechanics coexisting in the same space.

I hope to see Tron legacy subjective to the ideas that make up the probablilities in quantum superposition, and similar treatments, even if it's a visual function of the film, and so on.

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Sark's magical networking?