General Discussion 
 TRON Fans in the UK

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Thursday, February, 06, 2003 3:32 PM
As far as I'm concerned, comedy and Britain IS the same topic!

...being meant as a compliment of course.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Trace
User

No Title

on Thursday, February, 06, 2003 3:39 PM
Hmmm...well, I like "Keeping Up Appearances" every now and then...does that count? Go, Hyacinth!

sondlar
User

wh-what?!

on Thursday, February, 06, 2003 4:45 PM
The British have comdey?! since when?!

Waiting for

Sketch
Sector Admin

No Title

on Thursday, February, 06, 2003 8:25 PM
I've always wondered. In the UK, how did audeinces out there respond to Tron?

Mabey this question might help get the topic to slowly wander back on track.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Auric
Sector Creator

Tron UK

on Thursday, February, 06, 2003 10:14 PM
My guess is very well, considering our own Martin "TronProgram" has the worlds most complete Tron collections. (He is, of course, from the UK).abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Dave "Auric" Hernly
Sector Administrator

shorty99
User

No Title

on Thursday, February, 06, 2003 10:37 PM
American Comedy is better than British Comedy!where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

shorty99
User

No Title

on Thursday, February, 06, 2003 10:38 PM
And so is the music!

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Friday, February, 07, 2003 2:37 AM
Shorty, to save this thread from off-topicin', see my reply in the "humor" thread in the other sectors forum.

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

tronprogram
Sector Admin

No Title

on Friday, February, 07, 2003 3:25 PM
I think TRON did quite well in the UK. I remember at the time loads of tv programmes and magazines featured it so it must have done ok at the box office to. It's only a guess but its the impression that I get. And I clrealy remember the arcade was soooooo popular. I never got a chance to play it. I could bearly get around to watch it being played.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

"Like the man said, there's no problems, only solutions"-Kevin Flynn, prior to his entry into the electronic world- 1982

crom
User

Re:Tron fans in the UK

on Friday, February, 07, 2003 5:11 PM
I have only joined this site recently and have found it to be a cool site for Tron fans and all things Tron-related.It was a shame that the old Tron-movie website has folded now but this site more than makes up for it.I am in the West Sussex area and would like to hear members opinions about the greatest CGI film made in recent years and other views about sci-fi in general.I am also a co-editor on a sci-fi fan site.The address is www.staggeringstories.net,if you like your science fiction with a strong twist of humour then check it out.Let me know what you think of this site and I would like to hear from fellow Tron fans in the UK.

Password:reindeer flotilla

How do you steer this?Help!!!

www.staggeringstories.net

crom
User

Re:Shorty99,no topic

on Tuesday, February, 11, 2003 5:09 PM
If American music is better than British music,how come you guys haven't come up with your own answer to The Beatles,The Rolling Stones,Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd?As for comedy,you love our self-depreciating sense of humour and Monty Python is top of your lists.Can 'Friends'match that?I don't think so...

Nikster
User

RE:American Music

on Tuesday, February, 11, 2003 6:11 PM
If is was not for the Yanks, the world would not have the likes of the Backstreet Boys or N*Sync...so !

Pink Floyd....feh!

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Tuesday, February, 11, 2003 7:12 PM
No need to put down our comedies, Crom. We're too busy doing that ourselves.

And, if you wanna wage music wars, since America INVENTED jazz, blues and rock 'n roll all those fantastic limey bands wouldn't have even had anything to PLAY if it weren't for America giving them ideas and inspiration and entirely new categories.

Right?

Right.

Besides, why do you never hear of any American bands struggling to get recognized by Europe? Why does that just either "just happen" or they never care? Hm?

Anyway, as been pointed out, this is not the topic at hand.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

--Spock

Trace
User

No Title

on Tuesday, February, 11, 2003 8:20 PM
Er...right. On topic! I think it's cool we have so many fans from the UK. When I come to visit someday, I can crash their pads!

Sketch
Sector Admin

No Title

on Tuesday, February, 11, 2003 8:57 PM
Good rebound Trace.
I agree. I'm glade we have fellow programs in the UK as well.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Tuesday, February, 11, 2003 9:32 PM
...as do I, naturally.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

--Spock

crom
User

Re:no subject

on Wednesday, February, 12, 2003 5:05 PM
Greetings programs!With reference to JediUser's earlier comments,Rock 'n' roll wasn't created in the States.It is a fusion of Scottish mountain music and African rhythms,blues comes from spiritual songs brought over from Africa and Jazz just speaks for itself.I'm not knocking North American music,far from it!I was over in Seattle WA and Portland OR last September to see Rush on their North American tour and to see Hall and Oates as well and a thoroughly cool time I had as well.Anyway,I digress...
I am heartened to see that there are so many fans of Tron both in the US and in the UK.It was such a ground-breaking film and I have 2 copies of the DVD of the film which I had to order from the States due to the fact that it not available on Region 2 DVD and I had to hack my DVD player for the sole purpose of watching Tron on a region 1 DVD.There's devotion for you!
As I am sure you will all agree,science fiction in general can be a much maligned subject and is seen as a refuge for nerds but as you guys on your side of The Pond will give a resounding Bronx Cheer and us Limeys will wave a hearty two-fingered salute to all our detractors who say that sci-fi is for losers.

TheJediUnit
User

on Wednesday, February, 12, 2003 5:19 PM

...yep, I'm glad Tron did good in Europe too.

Yep.

--Spock

Compucore
User

Well I think.

on Wednesday, February, 12, 2003 8:58 PM
Well being a Canuck(Canada) from up north for this sector. I find that Brit Comedy is rather good and unique.. Gives me those hearty chuckles at times when it a good skit and all that. Love the stand up comedians that come from brit. ANd of courese some of the shows like Red Dwarf. Can't miss that when it comes on up over here.

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Wednesday, February, 12, 2003 10:11 PM
Sorry guys, I suppose the driftin' off is mostly my fault. Granted, something as broad as an entire country opens the door widely inviting in other topics as alluring a hot fudge sundae, but still, a topic is a topic.

This thread isn't about comedy or music or whatever. There's a comedy thread in progress in other sectors.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

--Spock

FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 TRON Fans in the UK