General Discussion 
 ok I'm back

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
tronclone
User

ok I'm back

on Tuesday, February, 11, 2003 2:31 PM
been gone for a while, but I have been reading on things here. Work is boring as we're gonna get layed off in a couple months so I've been job hunting. Anyway, just saw those new pics of the upcoming action figures and they look cool!

I think I'm a Clone Now

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Tuesday, February, 11, 2003 5:09 PM
Bummer about the layoff. Been there/done that.

If you have a hard time finding something new and get discouraged, remember this. I got layed off and was 2 weeks into looking for a new job when my wife found out she was expecting! How's THAT for stress? But, we'd been trying for a child for more than 2 long years before that and she had to have surgery before we managed it, so I was excited beyond belief. I'm actually kinda glad things worked out that way because it put a bounce back in my stride and I think it helped my interviews because, dispite being stressful, it was still the best thing that ever happened and it's hard to not let that happiness show. But that sure isn't how everyone would have taken it. Lots of guys would have labeled it "a problem" and missed out on all the joy. Well, I make sure I don't feel like I require employment's permission to live my life the way I see fit and feel the way I should feel. It takes a lot more than loosing my job to REALLY get me down now. I've got everything I need and want in life and it has little to nothing to do with a commitment from any single employer.

Jobs come and go even in the best of times. While I do have a strong work ethic, I still am a firm believer in "work to live, don't live to work."

Let us know how it goes though. And let us know if you need to bend anyone's ear about it.

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

tronclone
User

some GOOD news

on Thursday, February, 13, 2003 9:31 AM
for a change, our company just announced that is made its 2002 goals and we are able to get a 4%bonus from our 2002 earnings. This is the first tiem in about 3 years the company made its goals to be able to give the bonus. I'm still getting layed off in May but this little extra moolah will help pay for something! abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

I think I'm a Clone Now

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 ok I'm back