TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 A sad story....

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
yojimbo
User

A sad story....

on Friday, February, 21, 2003 11:53 AM
15 or so years ago, there was a "dime store" in town with several arcade games...Star Wars (upright), Pac-Man, Dig Dug, etc. There was also a Disc of Tron cabinet. The shop was not doing well, and the owner commited arson, trying to collect the insurance, destroying all those great games with the shop.

Nikster
User

Re: A sad story....

on Friday, February, 21, 2003 1:10 PM
That *is* sad. Something similar happened in my hometown a few years back. An arcade owner torched his own place because he was not making any money. There were a lot of classic games there too order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Compucore
User

on Monday, March, 03, 2003 7:23 PM
An Good old age of the arcade games are slowly dwindliong away these days. The age old story of a once popular side attraction. Makes you wish there were some really good games that would make them come back alive like thy did suring the 80's and the 90's.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Monday, March, 03, 2003 7:28 PM
What's even sadder is what those games might of been worth today if he hadn't of tourched his store. Kinda ironic hu?

It's sad that people do stuff like that just for insurance.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Compucore
User

on Monday, March, 03, 2003 9:55 PM
Yeah it is. You know. I don't know if everyone is like me with my computers taht I have here. I treat my machines with tlc over here. I'm even using a uninteruptable power supply with a power filtration box in front of that. TO make sure that there are not that many spikes or burn outs coming through the line to my machines. ANd do the regular maintenece on all of them when I use them. EWven do back ups onto tape that I hae here. (42 megs with a high speed serial or on QIC-80 or my seagate 12/24 scsi tape that I use on my currentmachine. I am sure if they wanted to for those good classical machines. They would be in mint condition eventoday if they would keep good care of them.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

TheJediUnit
User

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2003 12:12 AM

*runs to hug own Tron cabinet*

"Don't worry buddy. If the house catches on fire, I'll roll you out and let the Star Wars stuff burn..."

*gasps from the collection*

"Wait... er, I mean I'll get a handful of you guys too if I can..."

*scowl from the Tron*

"No, don't worry, it's not like I'd waste any time on them... I.. uh..."

I've lost it.

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Nikster
User

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2003 12:56 AM
Looks kinda like Jedi is stuck in one nasty 'love triangle' there

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Compucore
User

on Friday, March, 07, 2003 1:36 PM
Sounds like it doesn't it Nikster. (Hearty Laugh.)

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

TheJediUnit
User

on Friday, March, 07, 2003 2:37 PM
Valentine's Day is VERY complicated around my house.

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Trace
User

on Friday, March, 07, 2003 3:09 PM

Now I have this image in my head of JU's tron game with flowers and a box of chocolates arranged at the base.

TheJediUnit
User

on Friday, March, 07, 2003 3:21 PM
he he he

On the Summer Solstice I have to bring it offerings of Intel PCB's with their processors ripped out while they're still active. That way I'll get another year's happy gaming.

...that was dark, wasn't it.

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

--Spock

Trace
User

on Friday, March, 07, 2003 4:32 PM
Ewwwwww....I'll say!

Nikster
User

on Saturday, March, 08, 2003 12:21 AM
TheJediUnit Wrote:

On the Summer Solstice I have to bring it offerings of Intel PCB's with their processors ripped out while they're still active. That way I'll get another year's happy gaming.

Ummmm...can't ya just use cheat codes or something?????

TheJediUnit
User

on Saturday, March, 08, 2003 12:42 AM
Yea, only as a Mac operator I just enjoy sacrificing the Intel chips on Tron's altar.

--Spock

Nikster
User

on Saturday, March, 08, 2003 12:45 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhh....I see your logic now.

Actually, with the exception of this crack smoking iBook I'm using at the moment, I kinda like Macs...I still might end up getting one, I dunno.

I want one that looks like Pikachu

Compucore
User

on Saturday, March, 08, 2003 9:49 AM
For me the high end servers are the best things for what I need even for a standerd PC. Just plain bored with the single processor board they have out on todays market over here.

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

shorty99
User

on Monday, March, 31, 2003 10:27 PM
yojimbo Wrote:15 or so years ago, there was a "dime store" in town with several arcade games...Star Wars (upright), Pac-Man, Dig Dug, etc. There was also a Disc of Tron cabinet. The shop was not doing well, and the owner commited arson, trying to collect the insurance, destroying all those great games with the shop.

Poor games! Games don't make senseless minds, Senseless minds destroy games.

IsoLine
User

on Tuesday, April, 22, 2003 3:45 PM
Nikster Wrote:That *is* sad. Something similar happened in my hometown a few years back. An arcade owner torched his own place because he was not making any money. There were a lot of classic games there too

Wow, you used to only hear about this type of thing in urban legends, people burning down their stores to collect the insurance and such. There is a name for that practice but since it is kinda a derogotory term to a certain religious group, I will not mention it.
abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

CalvinSpiff
User

on Wednesday, March, 24, 2004 12:30 PM
TheJediUnit Wrote:
"Don't worry buddy. If the house catches on fire, I'll roll you out and let the Star Wars stuff burn..."

AAAA! Not the STAR WARS Stuff! I like Star Wars!

Ummm...

Who, or what's arson?
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

CalvinSpiff VERSION 175846984630476903874.875640467036975689

I'M DEPRESSED!

REALLY DOWN IN THE DUMPS! =)

BUT I'M STILL DOING MY JOB, FOLKS.
-

Spaceman Spiff... Brit-Tron fighting for TRON.

VROOOOOOOOOOMM!!!

harpo989
User

on Wednesday, March, 24, 2004 4:53 PM
shorty99 Wrote:Poor games! Games don't make senseless minds, Senseless minds destroy games.

I'm gonna put that up on my wall.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

------------
Harpo989: The original fConer. (Now with (0rr[up73d fruit flavoring!)

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 A sad story....