New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
atari05
User

TRON comic strips

on Thursday, March, 06, 2003 11:44 PM
A friend of mine sent me this link

http://www.truenuff.com/comic.php?day=20010827

I know the comic's focus is on transformers but it got me thinking....has anyone done this type strip comic with TRON.

basiclly the type of comic thats like "THATS SOO TRUE!!" god knows I cried when prime died lol. I have tried to look on the net for them but thats like looking for a needle in a hay stack so ..yeah, if you know of any let me know. MY WALLS SCREAM FOR TRON REFRRENCES!!

If life was all fun and games, we would be issued a light cycle at birth

Sapaca
User

Re: TRON comic strips

on Friday, March, 07, 2003 11:41 AM
I thought it would be cool to draw comic, but my drawing skill are about as good as a cheap uninstall program............Well mabye no that bad.

Trace
User

on Friday, March, 07, 2003 1:12 PM
Hee hee!

Well, I totally cried when Optimus died, too! Then I got mad at the filmmakers...how dare they??!!

I'd love to see a Tron comic. T'would be great fun

Compucore
User

on Friday, March, 07, 2003 1:31 PM
Yeah so did I. But Optimus did come back in another way when they had changed from autobots to something else Didn't they. I know when they were the autobots. The second in command took over until that portion of the series was finished. I loved Optimus Prinme when I saw it.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

KiaPurity
User

on Friday, March, 07, 2003 5:22 PM
Only closest thing I have to a TRON comic strip is my C64 webcomic...
Although, it's mainly about Commodore 64, but it focuses on the aspect of the computer world and err, well, I have TRON-fied stuff in there... ^^;

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Compucore
User

on Friday, March, 07, 2003 7:17 PM
Heck Flynn was using a Commodore Pet in the movie Tron to get clu running around in the Movie. (At the beginning where he is hacking into the supercomputer.) At that time I didn't even own a computer back then.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

KiaPurity
User

on Friday, March, 07, 2003 8:30 PM
Pet? I thought it was some other computer...? O.o
It didn't look like PET to me... (since Pet are encased in those same cases with the keyboard and monitor... @.@)

atari05
User

on Friday, March, 07, 2003 8:43 PM
Actually, Yeah prime did come back for one season before they went off the air here in the states, Generation 3 I do believe. Then over in Japan he actually was in beast wars NEO and stuff like that *non cg*. on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Compucore
User

on Friday, March, 07, 2003 8:47 PM
It looked something like this or at least something similar to like this. The monitor was more square though. http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?st=1&c=191

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

KiaPurity
User

on Saturday, March, 08, 2003 1:06 AM
Well, in any case, I'm going to end up smashing my face against the tv screen to identify the computer used. Last time I checked, I thought it was Apple ][... I'll have to check again.

(I am such a geek, trying to to find all the computers in the movies!)

Nikster
User

on Saturday, March, 08, 2003 1:11 AM
Hehe...ya never know...it might not even BE a computer. Like in the movie "War Games", the kid's comp was just a bunch of misc. stuff thrown together by the prop people.

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

curtishart
User

on Saturday, March, 08, 2003 1:24 AM
Actually, I remember reading somewhere, it was an Apple III (or IIIplus) used in the movie.

http://www.apple-history.com has a picture of one

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.

KiaPurity
User

on Saturday, March, 08, 2003 11:05 AM
Well, in the credits, they did thank Apple... o_O

So, they might have used their computers in the movie...

Compucore
User

on Saturday, March, 08, 2003 11:26 AM
Could be like you said. a mash of computers put together to look like one. I just thought that I had seen the logo from Commodore on the computer that Flynn had used in the movie.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

flynn1978
User

on Saturday, March, 08, 2003 11:30 AM
I read the topic yesterday and came up with some storyboards for a little TRON comic of my own.... :] I'll post it soon! By the way, Sketch, your art ROCKS!!!!!!! =)

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

KiaPurity
User

on Saturday, March, 08, 2003 1:46 PM
^^;;;;; It's an Apple III for sure. (Although, I thought I saw vic-20 in Encom's lab, but I can't be sure. :P)

Here's the screenshot!
[Apple III!]
Few seconds before his head moved, there was a phone on top of it... I'm thinking... modem! :P

Compucore
User

on Saturday, March, 08, 2003 2:39 PM
Yep your right. That is an old apple computer there. My mistake. ANd that was an old acoustic coupler modem. Probably a 300-1200 baud Modems. THats how they used to do things way back then. Used to dial the number manually on the rotoary before the you could get the two computers to talk. I remember seeing those around in the readio shack stores and a few other places.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

atari05
User

on Saturday, March, 08, 2003 3:24 PM
flynn1978 Wrote:I read the topic yesterday and came up with some storyboards for a little TRON comic of my own.... :] I'll post it soon! By the way, Sketch, your art ROCKS!!!!!!! =)

That would be great. I myself have some Ideas I put together but I can't draw worth a crap so....they're just thoughts in a notebook and most likely will be nothing more

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Monday, March, 10, 2003 12:45 AM
Thanks Flynn1978.
I try.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion