General Discussion 
 Location names, other than Game Grid

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
braincandy99
User

on Friday, March, 21, 2003 6:19 PM
I just joined this site, though I've been coming to it for awhile now.

I was wondering if someone had a list (or if we could fill one out) of all the location names from TRON once Flynn was digitized into the system.

I know there was:

Game Grid
IO Tower

but can anyone else add to this list? Specifically is there a name for the little Jail area?abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Trace
User

Re: Location names, other than Game Grid

on Friday, March, 21, 2003 6:47 PM
I think there was also the Game Sea that they traveled over on the Solar Sailer. But I'm not positive about that. I think the whole movie takes place on the Game Grid sector. I'll be interested in what others say!

BTW, welcome to the Sector, conscript!

Esotek
Sector Admin

on Friday, March, 21, 2003 7:41 PM
Trace Wrote:I think there was also the Game Sea that they traveled over on the Solar Sailer.

It was called the Sea of Simulation as far as I know.

Welcome to TS Braincandy99. In your profile it says "ask me about my Mercury tatoo". Do you really have a Mercury tatoo? If so, I'd like to see it. If you can get me a pic I'll post it.
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Trace
User

on Friday, March, 21, 2003 7:59 PM
Esotek Wrote:It was called the Sea of Simulation as far as I know.

That's it! You're absolutely right, Esotek

foilism
User

on Saturday, March, 22, 2003 4:33 AM
Sark's carrier was kind of a location, the control room, holding cell etc.

Nikster
User

on Saturday, March, 22, 2003 12:05 PM
What about the area where the MCP was? I'm pretty sure that was not part of the game grid.

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Compucore
User

on Saturday, March, 22, 2003 2:28 PM
I think that was like one of the main ports. COming from where the users connected to from the real worlld to where the programs live in their world. If remember the quote from flynn when he was inside the mainfgrame."Look the heart of the whole system."

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

braincandy99
User

on Monday, March, 24, 2003 2:12 PM
yes I do have a tattoo of Mercury. I got it done last summer before I knew her name. I liked the image.

It is based on the "Two glow sticks" image of her.

I am still working on getting a digital pic of it so I can send it out.

Trace
User

on Monday, March, 24, 2003 2:20 PM
Compucore Wrote:I think that was like one of the main ports. COming from where the users connected to from the real worlld to where the programs live in their world. If remember the quote from flynn when he was inside the mainfgrame."Look the heart of the whole system."

That's right. There's also the Mesa that surrounds it.

braincandy, we have GOT to see that tattoo!

foilism
User

on Monday, March, 24, 2003 2:21 PM
Wow! That is so cool, does it glow??abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

braincandy99
User

on Monday, March, 24, 2003 2:40 PM
hehe

I have worked with the artist to try and have the glow effect there. I'd have to say it sorta looks like it is glowing. We are still collaborating on it.

It is my largest tattoo (to date), and it is on my thigh so I get to drop my pants at parties to show it off.

I was also thinking of getting a sark or other Red character's image on the other thigh (or on the otherside)...

guygg
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, March, 25, 2003 5:44 PM
Hmmm. Here are some other locations. Not sure what you'd want to count. Some of the location names are from the script, not mentioned on screen.

Training Area: Where Sark briefed the new recruits, also where Tron had the 4-way disc battle.

Holding Cells: The prison cells for holding the programs...

Desert Labyrinth: The areas after the light cycle game where the tanks pursue the cycles, etc.

"The City": Where Flynn crashes the recognizer and Tron & Yori go through (also including things such as Yori's apartment)

Simulation Hangar: Where Yori works, which opens to the Sea Of Simulation, but this is to "small" a thing to consider a location in general (consider it part of the Sea of Simulation or whatever).

And yeah, I think "The Mesa" best describes the area around the MCP, etc.

- GuyGG

braincandy99
User

on Wednesday, March, 26, 2003 12:33 PM
Thanks for all the responses and help!!!

Part of me is just simply curious, another part of me is working on a software package and I have been TRON-ifying some of the names/commands as an homage. I watched the movie again yesterday twice (once with commentary) hoping they'd mention names of places but didn't notice much.

I did notice that there is a Game Sea as well as a Sea of Simulation. Or maybe they are the same thing? Game Sea is for sure said early in the movie (before we meet up with Yori).

I particularly like Simulation Hangar.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

shorty99
User

on Wednesday, March, 26, 2003 7:55 PM
guyg, what are you, a Tron geographical map?
Just Messin with ya!abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion