New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
Allen_One
User

Yet another movie question

on Thursday, April, 10, 2003 11:11 PM
Howdy programs.
Here is another question I had about the film
Why would Sark derez his carrier? Seems strange to me. I could see it now...

Sark: "Ah, yes...I defeated TRON and the MCP got all of those religious fantatics. Life is good. Now, how do I get back home...?"

I Brake for Recognizers

"I've been workin' on the Game Grid..."

Compucore
User

Re: Yet another movie question

on Thursday, April, 10, 2003 11:40 PM
Maybe he wanted an updated carrier. Who knows. Thats why he mentioned that he was going to get a transport beam back to where he wanted to go to.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Allen_One
User

on Friday, April, 11, 2003 1:02 AM
Hmm, I guess I missed that.

I Brake for Recognizers

Nikster
User

on Friday, April, 11, 2003 4:13 AM
Maybe it's just the way things work there? How do we know they don't derez the recognizers or tanks when they are not in use?

We know they gotta rez-up the light cycles before the programs can use them, we get to see that happen.

I don't know about anyone else here, but I never saw any parking lots anywhere in the computer world

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Alan1
User

on Friday, April, 11, 2003 7:10 AM
MAybe he knew he would get a new one if the movie did well at the box office (sorry Sark)!

"This isn't happening, it only thinks it's happening"-Kevin Flynn
https://www.facebook.com/pages/LightEars/935720649794384

TheJediUnit
User

on Friday, April, 11, 2003 9:49 AM
Yea, I'm with Nixter.

The advantage of living in their universe is that there's no need to keep things "full scale" when not in use.

If we had the ability here to reduce our cars to fit in our virtual pocket instead of leaving it in a parking lot, I think we'd do it too. Plus, if we had the ability to smush our enemys who were unfortunate enough to be left in the back seat I'm afraid the twisted ones would be doing that here too.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Compucore
User

on Friday, April, 11, 2003 10:56 AM
I think there was one scene in Tron. Where Flynn, Ram and tron were escaping from the light cycle grid. They were in the light cycles. Where it was two sides of the screen where Flynn mentioned that he written too many tank programs. Thats the only place that I know of within the film itself.

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

TheJediUnit
User

on Friday, April, 11, 2003 12:56 PM
Good point.

Maybe the tanks are some kind of exception though, perhaps. Notice how they looked a bit different deactivated than when they sprang into action, sort of dull, matte and darkened. Perhaps there's some kind of hardened hull that cannot be eliminated and must remain with the enviroment and is enveloped inside the energy when activated for protection. It would have proved interesting if we had a chance to see what happened to the tank that fell into the chasm; the shot ended just as it hit. That would have been the event that would answer if the hull is permanant if it's crushed shell remained after the flash of energy disipitated.

But, this is probably part of that foggy non-consistant difference between conscripts and programs that will not see full explanation.

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Compucore
User

on Friday, April, 11, 2003 3:11 PM
You could be right that the tanks are the exception jedi. In this case when they are not needed like you say. They are powerdown and are dull and grey until needed.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

foilism
User

on Friday, April, 11, 2003 3:15 PM
About the rezzing-up of vehicles -- I've always wondered about the lightcycles, when they enter the lightcycle grid Sark hits a lighcycle button in the control room, enabling the lighcycle program. But how come the renegade programs can activate the lightcycles by themselve after that. Is is because they left the game grid and can therefore use any accuumlated program???? Just a Muse of mine.

Compucore
User

on Friday, April, 11, 2003 3:25 PM
Maybe they had accumulated or aquired the light cycle itself after using it once before. I mean its like learning how to ride a bicycle or motorbike. Once you know how to ride. Its second nature afterwards on any bicycle or motorbike.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

Trace
User

on Friday, April, 11, 2003 3:26 PM
Or, foilism, Sark may have been simply making the cycles available by that command. Isn't it that the handlebars appear after he hits that button? Only when the handlebars are grasped by the program do the cycles actually rezz up.

What choo think?abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

foilism
User

on Friday, April, 11, 2003 3:32 PM
I dunno, it just seemed strange to me that they could activate the cycles after the game willynilly. Wheras sark wouldn't want his conscrpits activated thei cycles in the cells would he?? I dunno.

Trace
User

on Friday, April, 11, 2003 4:32 PM
Good point. Perhaps if we'd been able to see them actually complete a game without breaking out, we might have seen the bikes derezz and the handlebars be taken away. Whereas when they escaped, the handlebars were still in their possesion.

Ah, the joys of attempting to fill in the gaps

TheJediUnit
User

on Friday, April, 11, 2003 4:51 PM
It seems to me that the button he pressed had more to do with the arena than the cycles. The arena they were in obviously didn't abide by the rules or physics of the surrounding computer environment. The bikes were under the arena's control, had to move at right angles, be nearly the same speed, and starting time. I think that was Sark's equivelant of dropping the vail at a jousting match.

--Spock

curtishart
User

on Friday, April, 11, 2003 5:19 PM
foilism Wrote:I dunno, it just seemed strange to me that they could activate the cycles after the game willynilly. Wheras sark wouldn't want his conscrpits activated thei cycles in the cells would he?? I dunno.

I look at it as a bug in the game. You weren't supposed to be able to leave the arena...but they did

(Plus, Flynn wrote the game, and probably knew about the bug and Dillinger snatched the program from him before he had a chance to debug the game fully)

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.

foilism
User

on Saturday, April, 12, 2003 5:57 AM
All good points, i reakon Flynn is all knowing about his games and therefore he can find loopholes, like your point curtis.

Grieyls
User

on Saturday, April, 12, 2003 8:22 AM
I always assumed that Flynn was manipulating the functions of the Lightcycles in the same manner as he was when he stole the Reconiser. Only that he didn't realise he was doing so at the time. Using his User powers as it were. After all he didn't seem to know what he was doing when the Reconiser activated till Ram tipped him off just before he died so...

He will be irresistibly drawn to large cities
Where he will back up sewers
Reverse street signs
And steal everyone’s left shoe

Allen_One
User

on Saturday, April, 12, 2003 10:12 AM
Did Flynn really design Lightcycles?

I Brake for Recognizers

foilism