Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 So, um...how many of you have dreams about Tron?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
Scuzzy
User

So, um...how many of you have dreams about Tron?

on Friday, April, 18, 2003 10:13 PM
Heh, I'm a little embarassed about this, but since I haven't posted for a while, here we go.

Last night I had a dream where I was in a Lightcycle race on Tron's team. Tron, however, was not just blue, oh no. His helmet and arms were yellow, his torso blue and his legs were red. Anyway, he was hanging on the outside of the lightcycle of the third team member and had jumped from the canopy to the top of an opponent and caused him to crash.

Man it was cool.

Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there.

flynn1978
User

Re: So, um...how many of you have dreams about Tron?

on Friday, April, 18, 2003 10:40 PM
you should draw it.

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

Hale-XF11
User

on Friday, April, 18, 2003 10:42 PM
Looks like you have a great scene for the new movie!

Sounds like a fun dream, man, I got start dreaming about Tron....think tron, think tron....

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

TheJediUnit
User

Re: So, um...how many of you have dreams about Tro

on Friday, April, 18, 2003 11:06 PM
Was in in color?

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Scuzzy
User

on Saturday, April, 19, 2003 12:03 AM
TheJediUnit Wrote:Was in in color?

Scuzzy Wrote:His helmet and arms were yellow, his torso blue and his legs were red.

Yeah, it was in color.

Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there.

TheJediUnit
User

Re: So, um...how many of you have dreams about Tro

on Saturday, April, 19, 2003 1:14 AM
*opens eyes*

DOH!

Sorry, I guess I should open my fool eyes when I read, huh? he he he!

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

KiaPurity
User

on Saturday, April, 19, 2003 3:18 AM
I've had them.

I can remember this one in particular because it had to do with Tron 2.0 movie.

I dreamt that I got to be an extra in and I remember chatting with the actors and playing around with the computers and there was the Commodore 64 and Vic-20 there for some reason. HEH.

That dream so kicked butt. Woot for spandex!

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Lew
User

on Saturday, April, 19, 2003 8:13 AM
KiaPurity Wrote:...there was the Commodore 64 and Vic-20 there for some reason. HEH.

Now why am I not surprised?

TheJediUnit
User

Dreaming is so awesome...

on Saturday, April, 19, 2003 2:43 PM
I can pretty much always remember my dreams. I pretty much always dream in color. Sometimes (maybe if I had caffiene or anything sugary before sleeping) they are far more animated and dynamic. I can even recall my dreams being so defined (since I'm a natural observer of detail) that I can even remember the smell and feel of the air. Wierd, huh. Oddly, sometimes I remember sort of trying to work out if I'm dreaming or not during the dream. The fun thing is, there's been times I actually realize I'm dreaming and I actually think to myself, "hey, I can do anything I want now!" I'd do crazy stuff, but the first thing I'd usually do it run outside and fly. Just run, hold out my arms and soar. God, I love those dreams.

I've not dreamed of Tron that I remember, though I'm surprised I haven't. I probably will now that it's been pointed out. But, I've dreamt of nearly everything else, from finding cool Star Wars figures that don't exist all the way to driving somewhere, getting out and then picking up my car and carrying it under my arm.

But, all-time award winning nightmare subject matter... tornadoes. We live in the heart of tornado alley and we've had our share of close calls. The tornados that passed through downtown Fort Worth missed us by a knat's wing. A different time a mere funnel cloud pass overhead and our neighbor's house's chimney blew clean off and landed in our driveway. Squeezing together in our hall closet is a springtime ritual 'round here. With that kind of repetitious humbling reality it seems like a natural inevitibility for it to be the subject for bad dreams. Since I'm not easily frightened by man or beast I rarely have dreams that I'm a victim of them; I usually end up on top. But the tornado has us effectively under it's power lock, stock and barrel, so heebie-jeebies are due. I can count on a good tornado nightmare about once every other month. My wife says if I have one, I'll go "mmm .... mmmmmm.... hummm...." and she'll quickly wake me up, ask "tornado?" and I'll say "yep... thanks." zzzzzzzz...

I find dreaming so very interesting though. I don't mean the crud about "what it means" or any other psycho-babble. I mean just that they exist and how they work and how they present themselves and the mystique of them.

My sister was a sleep-walker. She'd look wide awake but be sound asleep. THAT is some creepy stuff! By the time I'd realize she was even doing it she'd be usually going back to sleep. One time, I realized right off and asked her some questions to see what she was dreaming. When she sleep walks it's like I'm brought into her dream. She thought we were at the beach cabin with her friends all around us. The more I asked her, the more confused she became, almost like her brain was battling between the dream and the reality. Totally fascinating! She eventually just went back to sleep and remembered nothing the next day. She finds it as cool when everyone tells her about them, like it scares her sort of.

he he he! One time she came walking through the kitchen picking her feet up way in the air with each step like something was on the floor. Mom asked her "what are you doing?" She said "how did all this water get in here? It's flooded! The rain won't stop!" Mom would laugh and put her back to bed. She said she could remember that dream though, but that was rare.

I only get to see her sleep walk when they come to visit now. She's 24 and we still have to put a chair in front of the door to keep her from going outside, which she did once. She's never hurt herself, but she easily could.

She's the only person I ever met that does that.

Anyway, sorry about the dream yaking. It just interests me. It's so mystical.