New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
Cliff
Buena Vista Games

MP DEMO TIPS

on Tuesday, July, 01, 2003 11:09 AM
Here are some 'quick start tips' for the demo---

DISC ARENA/DISC TOURNAMENT

1) When hosting a game, turn Spectator Discs ON. That enables combat in the lobby.

2) Type '1' to arm your disc.

3) Default keyboard commands:

W - forward
A - right
S - backward
D - left
C - crouch
Spacebar - jump
T - talk
Q - look around left
E - look around right
Left click - Fire
Right click - Block or return (if disc is already in flight)
Ctrl-LeftClick - backhand (melee attack)

To steer the disc, click/hold/drag with the left mouse button.

F1 - Team Selection Menu

4) To control the path of the disc in mid-flight

LIGHTCYCLES

Keyboard commands (default):

W - accelerate
A - turn left
S - decelerate
D - turn right
; (semi-colon) - toggle camera lock
' (apostrophe) - toggle 1st/3rd person mode
+ or - or mouse wheel - zoom in/out
Left click - activate power up

abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

ck

Auric
Sector Creator

Re: MP DEMO TIPS

on Tuesday, July, 01, 2003 11:46 AM
Thanks for the Tips Cliff.

See you on the Game Grid!

Dave "Auric" Hernly
Sector Administrator

Scuzzy
User

on Tuesday, July, 01, 2003 12:06 PM
Sheesh...I already knew that...oh.

Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there.

KiaPurity
User

on Tuesday, July, 01, 2003 2:43 PM
*tackles scuzzy and ties him up*

Got any tips on how to *not* die when you're turbo cursing everyone on the second wave of lightcycle game?

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Scuzzy
User

on Tuesday, July, 01, 2003 2:58 PM
Practice, practice, practice. Oh, also:

Right right right left

~or~

Left left left right

Practice that.

WMain00 Productions
User

on Tuesday, July, 01, 2003 3:47 PM
Currently a WMain00 Productions Server is up, offering both the choice of Discs game and Lightcycles. To join look around for:

A WMain00 Pro. Server

See ya there.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

WMain00
Director of WMain00 Productions

Scuzzy
User

on Tuesday, July, 01, 2003 3:48 PM
How long is it open for? I don't get home from work for another 4 hours or so.

curtishart
User

on Tuesday, July, 01, 2003 3:49 PM
WMain00 Productions Wrote:Currently a WMain00 Productions Server is up, offering both the choice of Discs game and Lightcycles. To join look around for:

A WMain00 Pro. Server

See ya there.

I thought Internet Light Cycles wasn't possible due to the lag even with broadband. Anyone play the demos give us a review for those who are stuck up at work and won't be able to download this until tonight where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.

curtishart
User

on Tuesday, July, 01, 2003 3:50 PM
Is this demo officially sanctioned by the dev team? I don't see this announced anywhere on the tron20.net site. (I know, the Senior Producer started this thread) but I'm curious why it's not announced on the official site.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, July, 01, 2003 4:01 PM

Yes, I was quite surprised to see players attempting light cycle matches over the internet. I didn't even think the demo would let you try, but apparently it allows you to.

Have no idea how well it works, didn't enter a race. But if the Disc Tournament is any indication, then light cycle racing is truly impossible over the internet.

When I played Disc Tournament last night, the other players were hopping and jumping all over the place. The lag caused by poor ping times, had players disappearing and reappearing somewhere else.

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

DaveTRON
User

on Tuesday, July, 01, 2003 5:20 PM
This is an official demo release. The web page will catch up! [grin]

DaveTRON

sondlar
User

on Tuesday, July, 01, 2003 6:16 PM
I wish there were a way to disable jumping, I mean its nearly impossible to hit people who bounce around like rabbits.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Waiting for

laphtiya
User

on Tuesday, July, 01, 2003 6:34 PM
Yeah I know all I do when they jump like rabbits is hit where there going.....boy did I get some insults. And peeps are already accusing me of cheating coz I derezzed them!!!!! sore losers I say.

Qix77
User

on Tuesday, July, 01, 2003 11:20 PM
Well... the Jumping around bit is a good way of avoiding hits. If you play UT - or - Quake, jumping while running helps a lot in defence.

Oh... Kia... when your in a light cycle race on the 2nd wave, make sure you get the green icon first, stay in the center area of the map and make sure hardly anyone is in that area with you. Then use it. Sometimes they'll kill eachother just to stay alive...

The Third wave is very difficult since the red team will get it first. Just survive the first time they use it and make sure you you have enough lives left.

BTW: I've noticed that this is a PRE-Release Demo (says so on the main menu screen). Will there be another demo for "Single Player Disk Arena"???? I only have a 56k and can not play on the net becaues my ISP sucks...

Also, I was able to extract all the sounds (.wav format) from the Sounds.rez file using ripper. There is a lot of music samples on there that I've not heard in the demo (some really cool ones). I do this to a lot of games so I can edit them and use them as win sounds (for instance windows start sound and shutdown). Will some, if not all, of these sounds be used in the final demo or the retail game???

THIS DEMO ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work..... Oh... and I already bought the game (pre-paid) from EB and it's fully paid off.... to other fans, if you have a chance and the money, do the same.

Also, spread the word to everyone. I want this game to be the hit of the summer. If so, they may make more Tron games. Image a Tron RPG or RTS or more FPS versions.

I'd love to see a game based on the old movie as well....

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

sondlar
User

on Tuesday, July, 01, 2003 11:22 PM
JUmping around is also a tatic that makes me want to shoot someone.

Waiting for

Qix77
User

on Tuesday, July, 01, 2003 11:29 PM
I know how you feel.... but try to do the same, because it's just as hard for them to hit you when you run-jump as it is for them.

As for hitting.... Try the Click-Hold-Drag method while they jump.... I played a lan game with my big brother and I was able to hit him this way....

Keep trying

KiaPurity
User

on Wednesday, July, 02, 2003 12:08 AM
Oh, heehe! I did that before I saw this post.

I survived the second wave with all of my lives intact. >

This demo is so awesome.

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Qix77
User

on Wednesday, July, 02, 2003 12:22 AM
Kia,

I agree.... This demo rocks.... I wished there were more games like this...

BTW: A while back I sent you a msg about finding rare game roms for the C64... Well... I found everything I've been looking for... If your looking for anything, let me know... and thanks for the input.
order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

WMain00 Productions
User

on Wednesday, July, 02, 2003 5:00 AM
Servers shall be popping on and off throughout this day. Multiplayer ligtcycles can be played efficientely on my connection, with mostly everyone having a ping of 70-120.

This also corresponds with the disc games. Rough server times are:

9.30-10.30
11.30-12.30/1.00
1.00-2.00
4.00-5.00
7.30-8.30
8.30-9.00

(Session Closed)

These times are rough. Other set-ups will also be made (dedicated servers) as soon as possible, that way they can be on all the time.

WMain00
Director of WMain00 Productions

kmon
User

on Wednesday, July, 02, 2003 9:15 PM
Another 'cheap' way to make it through SP cycles is to simply make boxes, LARGE boxes. The AI has a timeliimit to and will crash into a wall after an alloted time, as you progress though the stages the timelimit becomes larger and larger (I'm not sure their is on at the latter stages). But the AI should crash if you give them long enough. It can also work in MP especially if the longest tail length setting is selected. Again this is CHEAP and wont gain you any fans, but all is fair in love and tron (untill you cheese off the admin

As for discs the easiest way to fall enemys is with rebounds and powerblocks. A powerblock is when you right click and the disc rebounds off your disc causing large explosion (with a good size radius) and inflicts massive damage. Try to rebound your disc off of objects or recall it when it is directly behind you enemy. These shots can be tricky but they are devistating. Most importantly, dont get frustrated, its just a game!

^^ Full tower gamer ^^

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0 
 MP DEMO TIPS