Apparently, not everyone shares our enthusiasm

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
curtishart
User

on Wednesday, July, 02, 2003 10:05 AM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3

I've seen a few other comments about the demo not being great either. Oh well, to each their own. That just means less people on the servers for multiplayer abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.

Sketch
Sector Admin

Re: Apparently, not everyone shares our enthusiasm

on Wednesday, July, 02, 2003 11:09 AM
Okay now they just ticked me off royaly! That's very harsh judgment. Bit brains!

Oh well, with comments like that about who needs em on the gamegrid. More free playing space for us who really appreciate and the work that has been put forth.

GOT 2.0 TEAM!!!! WHOOOOOOOOT!!!!order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

KiaPurity
User

on Wednesday, July, 02, 2003 2:23 PM
My respect for Penny Arcade has vanished completely.
I cannot respect them as a web comic at all anymore. They're always complaining about video games and suddenly, they praise them. They're nothing but hypocrites. There is no more humor in their comics.

I feel that what Penny Arcade did could be very damaging because PA has loyal fans who will try to "take their word for it".

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Scuzzy
User

on Wednesday, July, 02, 2003 2:26 PM
Aren't these the same two geniuses who mistook for "The Lawnmower Man"? *rolls eyes*

Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there.

KiaPurity
User

on Wednesday, July, 02, 2003 3:09 PM
Also there's two other factors:

a) They're doing this to tick people off so they can have more traffic to their site.

b) They're hypocrites. They gripe about games then later on, they praise them. The cycle never stops. I'm just *tired* of them doing this so much.

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, July, 02, 2003 3:19 PM
KiaPurity Wrote:My respect for Penny Arcade has vanished completely.
I cannot respect them as a web comic at all anymore. They're always complaining about video games and suddenly, they praise them. They're nothing but hypocrites. There is no more humor in their comics.

I feel that what Penny Arcade did could be very damaging because PA has loyal fans who will try to "take their word for it".

Same here Kia. Sadely I know a few people who are big fans of Penny Arcade and they would agree with anything the comic says. I read their past comics and they were funny, but now it's always about what game sucks. I mean I respect other peoples opions, but really calling 2.0 "shit" and saying "Garbage Is Too Kind A Word." That's a flat out insult to the 2.0 team and us fans.

Grrrr.... *wanders off to cool circuts before he overheats and crashes*

Scuzzy Wrote:Aren't these the same two geniuses who mistook for "The Lawnmower Man"? *rolls eyes*

Yep. They infact did. I've had an argument with a friend about this. I told him to read it. I mean it's there! You can't deny it! He refused to admit they made a mistake. His own words--> "Penny Arcade would NEVER make that mistake. They know too much about that kinda stuff."

Here's the episode... The Future Derailed

abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

KiaPurity
User

on Wednesday, July, 02, 2003 3:32 PM
They did that on purpose. I found this in the source code:

meta name="Keywords" content="lawnmower man tron stupid future game grid immersion"

and

img src="images/2001/20011012l.gif" ALT="lawnmower man tron stupid future game grid immersion"

Honestly, it looks more like they want attention.
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, July, 02, 2003 3:57 PM
Well kia they don't know what a good game is if it was to hit them smack right in the face. For the rest of us here who enjoys the game tron 2.0 the better it is for us. If they can't say. " In my opinion its not the kind of game I would like to play." I am sure we could all swallow that. But to just down right say it sucks. No thanks. They are in the f13 bin for to can program 1 bit of code in my books.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Scuzzy
User

on Wednesday, July, 02, 2003 4:12 PM
Hee hee hee...F13 bin...I am so co-opting that. order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there.

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, July, 02, 2003 5:18 PM
If anyone else who doesn't know what SCSI and I are refering to. F13 is the garbage bin It was something that I had heard a long time ago on another programming language altogether.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

sondlar
User

on Wednesday, July, 02, 2003 6:16 PM
I agree the MP is ****
Edit: Just to let you know I'm sure the single player will be awesome,just not the MP

Waiting for

kyleb
User

on Wednesday, July, 02, 2003 7:16 PM
i think the multiplayer gameplay is great, it takes some serious skill to play the game right but once you start getting the hang of it things get really fun.

however, the player models could use more and more fluid animations. the fact that there is not a seprate ilde animation for the player when not holding the disk or any anamation for pivoting in place kinda got me. as for the animations themselves, they look rather choppy; maybe they are standard framerate but it is all the bright lights a few more frames would really help.

KiaPurity
User

on Wednesday, July, 02, 2003 8:58 PM
Perhaps, it's probably just me because it runs pretty smooth. o_O

Then again, my computer is *brand new* XP

kmon
User

on Wednesday, July, 02, 2003 9:05 PM
Kyleb: What specs do you have and what settings are you using. I also have a 'new' comp. So everything is cranked and I've yet to experaince any lack in quality animations. The only complaint I might have is the idle animations happen almost too often. Anyways, this is the MP demo...i really dont mind choppy graphics to edge out a few more fps, SP is another ball way though...Just my 2 cents.

^^ Full tower gamer ^^

kyleb
User

on Wednesday, July, 02, 2003 10:37 PM
reasonably fast setup here, barton@3000+ with a 9700pro and a gig of ram. framerate itself is reasonable even with everything cranked at 1024x768. the animations art awful, just not as smooth as i am accustomed to. also part of it might be the fact that that default mouse sensitivity is set so high and people are leaving it that was but the player seem to jerk around a lot when they move.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Quicksilver6
User

on Wednesday, July, 02, 2003 10:42 PM
To be frank, I don't give a damn what they think. If they think it sucks, fine. They don't have to play. I'll enjoy it in their place.
And I have a PIV, 1.7 gigh, with a gig of DIM ram, a Geforce 3, and it runs very well, if anyone is wondering how it's doing for me.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

"QUICK! Stand out there yelling "Here, kitty kitty" in swedish!"

Everything I need to know, I learned from Beeky the monk.
http://www.dropby.com/ElGrande/webcomic25.html

IMAGinES
User

on Thursday, July, 03, 2003 7:41 AM
I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to slap the PA lads a good 'un. They have made some good calls in the past, such as sounding the clarion on Halo's repetitive level design when most of the pro reviewers were goping ga-ga over the rest ofthe game and either glossed over or ignored what was a rather important and glaring gameplay negative.

And frankly, I don't see what the problem you cats have with that Lawnmower Man strip is. I think it wasn't a mistake; rather, it was an attempt, both in visuals and dialogue, to summarise the promise of VR that the two most popular celuloid exponents of the technology presented. Really, when you tink about "virtual reality" in movies, those are the two flicks you think of.

But still, Tycho's post was more vitriol than analysis, which is annoying. All he's done is use hyperbole and expletives, and although I'm willing to grant him that he wouldn't be so disgusted without reason, I'd like to see said reason in written and, shall we say, reasoned argument, which I know he can do. If it's just a matter of taste, fine, Tycho, you sit in your corner and I'll sit in mine. If it's not, let's hear the nature of your grievances.

Fortune Favour You,

IMAGinES

kmon
User

on Thursday, July, 03, 2003 3:34 PM
kyleb Wrote:reasonably fast setup here, barton@3000+ with a 9700pro and a gig of ram. framerate itself is reasonable even with everything cranked at 1024x768. the animations art awful, just not as smooth as i am accustomed to. also part of it might be the fact that that default mouse sensitivity is set so high and people are leaving it that was but the player seem to jerk around a lot when they move.

Well, maybe your just more demanding than I am, but it sounds like something has to be wrong. Are you running win 2K sp 4, Tron 2.0 doesent like that. Or maybe you should grab the latest drivers for everything. I had a similar problem earlier (with another game) but grabbed a new set of drivers and solved the problem. Hope your able to work out these problems, and simply enjoy the game

^^ Full tower gamer ^^

kyleb
User

on Thursday, July, 03, 2003 5:03 PM
na xp with sp1, and lattest drivers. as for enjoying the game, i already do; i just figured i would mention that the player animations do look a bit ruff. they remind me a lot of quake2.

yojimbo
User

on Thursday, July, 03, 2003 5:40 PM
I think the MP "sneak-peek" is great...but leaves me wanting more (which is the idea, right?). One small complaint I have is that the older lightcycles' wheels don't appear to be moving. I think the animations are great...level design is awesome (finally, I'm INSIDE the world of TRON!!) Can't wait to dive into the full game when it comes out...where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0