Other Sectors 
 Terminator 3:Fall Of A Great Movie Series

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
MutoidMan
User

on Wednesday, July, 09, 2003 6:54 PM
T3 disappointed on many levels, mostly because that half-wit director Jonathan Mostow couldn't direct his way out of a paper bag. He imagined hmself to be as good as Cameron, but in reality he isn't worthy to lick the mud off of Cameron's boots. Mostow SUCKS. Mostow, if you are reading this then please, do the world a favor and work at McDonalds!

Most of the movie was more a poor rip-off of T2 than a true sequel.

There was too much senseless, frantic action and not enough story and exposition.

The writer and director seem to have forgotten much of what happened in The Terminator and Terminator 2; in other words the continuity is shot.

The T-X came off as inferior to the T-1000.

What was with that crappy camerawork?

Why the obviously poor wire-work when the T-X jumped on the hearse?

How the heck did the T-800 reattach its head? That was such a stupid, impossible gimic.

Why only a couple of lighthearted moments?

Where were Arnold's cool one-liners???

I'll watch The Terminator and T2 (and TRON) on DVD over and over, but I won't purchase T3 because it killed the franchise.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

Trace
User

Re: Terminator 3:Fall Of A Great Movie Series

on Wednesday, July, 09, 2003 6:58 PM
MutoidMan Wrote:There was too much senseless, frantic action and not enough story and exposition.

Oh, we're talking about Matrix Reloaded? I thought we were talking T3!

Seriously, I thought T3 was okay--not boring, but I agree, not enough humor! I'm also bummed how Arnie's getting old, but it can't be helped. I give it three disks out of five (O)(O)(O)

Oh, also, I agree that the T-X appeared to be less dangerous than the T-1000. Unfortunately for this movie, improving on the T-1000 is pretty much impossible. So to mix things up they make it a woman. Ah well.

Nikster
User

on Wednesday, July, 09, 2003 7:00 PM
Sooo....I take it you didn't like T3 too much?

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

MutoidMan
User

on Wednesday, July, 09, 2003 7:11 PM
Trace, I can live with senseless, frantic action in Matrix movies, because that's what they are all about, really.

I'm just so disappointed. Not that I had one ounce of faith in that hack Mostow, but I was hoping he would surprize me. Guess not.

Ah, well. I hear Pirates Of The Caribbean is supposed to be lots of fun.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Trace
User

on Wednesday, July, 09, 2003 7:25 PM
OooOOoooh, I'm with you on that one! Johnny Depp! Take me away!

Hale-XF11
User

on Wednesday, July, 09, 2003 8:17 PM
You know, after seeing T2:3-D at Universal I'm convinced that nothing can be deadlier or scarier than the T-1,000,000.

I'm afraid that if I see T3, I'm going to be equally disappointed...hmmm, I'll rent it.

Oh! and the best Ah-nuld one-liner in the T2:3-D movie?...

(Ah-nuld destroys a cyborg)
John Connor: What was that!?
Terminator: That was my old college roommate.

Say Cheese!abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

MutoidMan
User

on Thursday, July, 10, 2003 7:14 AM
Trace Wrote:OooOOoooh, I'm with you on that one! Johnny Depp! Take me away!

Argh mateys! It looks like Trace be wantin' ta trade in her circuit pajamas fer pirate togs! Shiver me timbers!where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Thursday, July, 10, 2003 8:48 AM
I have one question about T3. Please tell me the theme is still good.... *gets nervous*order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

MutoidMan
User

on Thursday, July, 10, 2003 10:20 AM
Sketch Wrote:I have one question about T3. Please tell me the theme is still good.... *gets nervous*

I'll put it this way - nothing theme-wise is stuck in my head from T3. I guess there wasn't any cool, driving, industrial/military/cyborg-from-the-future-come-to-open-a-can-of-whoopass theme music that grabbed me.

Man, I remember walking out of the theater after having seen T2 going "Dun-dun, dun, dun-dun - ba-da-daaaaa da-da-daaaaa... Dag, that was AWESOME!!! Dun-dun, dun, dun-dun..." but I walked out of T3 going "Jeez, that blew chunks!".

About the only other action movie theme that's on par with the Terminator theme is the theme from Aliens, another Cameron masterpiece.

Trace
User

on Thursday, July, 10, 2003 11:59 AM
MutoidMan Wrote:Argh mateys! It looks like Trace be wantin' ta trade in her circuit pajamas fer pirate togs! Shiver me timbers!

Do ye be talking to me, yer scurvy dog! O'course I be into the pirrrrrrrrrrates! Arrrrrrrrrrr! I be ready to keeel haul someone right now, I be tellin' ye! There be no turnin' back now!

As for the T3 theme, I really liked the music, myself. I thought of getting the soundtrack.
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

PyoChan
User

on Thursday, July, 10, 2003 2:23 PM
T3 was pretty eh. Pirates Of The Caribbean, however, is NOT to be missed! We caught a late showing last night! Good pacing, lots of humor, and very enjoyable.

And Johnny Depp was just AWESOME... never before has a swarthy pirate made me as giddy as he did...

"As long as we stay off the top floor, Dillinger will never know we've been in here."

lifeasis
User

on Thursday, July, 10, 2003 2:48 PM
What I don't get is why they would come out with a 3rd sequal 12 years later. If they were going to make a 3rd movie, they should of done it back in the early 90's. But I guess the wait just makes it more thrilling. Has anybody seen it yet, Is it WORTH it.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Trace
User

on Thursday, July, 10, 2003 2:51 PM
I think it's worth matinee price, not full price. Mutoid thinks it's worth the dumpster

Hale-XF11
User

on Thursday, July, 10, 2003 4:08 PM
Do ye be talking to me, yer scurvy dog! O'course I be into the pirrrrrrrrrrates! Arrrrrrrrrrr! I be ready to keeel haul someone right now, I be tellin' ye! There be no turnin' back now!

Did I catch a hint of pirate speak mixed with a dash of southern belle alabama trash talkin'?

yipee-ki-yay! (or somethin')
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

Trace
User

on Thursday, July, 10, 2003 4:18 PM
No, dahlin', if ah meant to talk lahk a suthen' girl, ah would make mahself vera clear-ah. Now, go and fetch me a mint julep.

MutoidMan
User

on Thursday, July, 10, 2003 6:03 PM
Dumpster?! Did the lassie say dumpster?! N'er a dumpster was so scurvy that its innards deserved to be fouled with that pile o' dung!

Arrrgh! Arrrgh!

Eh lassie, ye should beware who ye tangle with! Aye, Cap'n MutoidMan I be, and n'er a more wicked pirate ever sailed the seven seas! Even the saltiest o' sea dogs scampers away at the mere hint o' me name!

Arrrgh! Arrrgh!

Trace
User

on Thursday, July, 10, 2003 6:29 PM
*notices grid bugs scampering away*

Hey, whaddya know! It's true! order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

MutoidMan
User

on Thursday, July, 10, 2003 10:34 PM
Trace Wrote:*notices grid bugs scampering away*

Hey, whaddya know! It's true!

Hehehehe... where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

FusionAddict
User

SPOILERS WITHIN! SPOILERS WITHIN!

on Wednesday, July, 16, 2003 9:42 AM
MutoidMan Wrote:that half-wit director Jonathan Mostow couldn't direct his way out of a paper bag. He imagined hmself to be as good as Cameron, but in reality he isn't worthy to lick the mud off of Cameron's boots. Mostow SUCKS.
Surprising, because Cameron himself said that he thought the movie was, "In a word...great." and that Mostow "did a tremendous job."

If it ain't broke, then why fix it?

There was too much senseless, frantic action and not enough story and exposition.
It's called PERIL. The characters are never given a chance to have a breather so it keeps the audience interested. And if you remember, in the first two films, the exposition takes place DURING action scenes, as it does here.

The writer and director seem to have forgotten much of what happened in The Terminator and Terminator 2; in other words the continuity is shot.
I disagree...SWIPE TO REVEAL: Mostow & Co. solved one of the fundamental paradoxes created by TERMINATOR 2 by making Judgment Day postponable, but inevitible. If they had stopped Judgment Day, Connor would never send Kyle Reese to the Past, therefore he would never have been conceived, and would not grow up to stop Judgment Day, et cetera, et cetera...

SWIPE TO REVEAL: It took a NUKE to kill the T-X, the T-1000 LOST ITS BALANCE AND FELL INTO A VAT OF MOLTEN STEEL.

What was with that crappy camerawork?
See the LA River chase scene in TERMINATOR 2.

Why the obviously poor wire-work when the T-X jumped on the hearse?
Again, see the LA River chase scene in TERMINATOR 2.

How the heck did the T-800 reattach its head? That was such a stupid, impossible gimic.
T-101 units are made to be self-maintaining...my guess is it has a simple ball-and-socket vertebrae system, allowing it to snap pieces of itself back on if detached. True, it wouldn't be up to factory specs if this happened...and if you look closely, it ISN'T. Plus, the T-X injected some of its nanobots into the T-101, which could also have repaired some of the damage to the unit.

Why only a couple of lighthearted moments?
BECAUSE IT ISN'T A LIGHTHEARTED FILM.

Where were Arnold's cool one-liners???
Dead and buriued where the belong, and thank God. You want cool Arnold speak, go rent CONAN THE BARBARIAN.

I'll watch The Terminator and T2 (and TRON) on DVD over and over, but I won't purchase T3 because it killed the franchise.
We'll see if it "killed the franchise" when we're waiting in line for the fourth one.
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

The Clu abides, man...

MutoidMan
User

on Wednesday, July, 16, 2003 3:36 PM
MutoidMan Wrote:that half-wit director Jonathan Mostow couldn't direct his way out of a paper bag. He imagined hmself to be as good as Cameron, but in reality he isn't worthy to lick the mud off of Cameron's boots. Mostow SUCKS.
Surprising, because Cameron himself said that he thought the movie was, "In a word...great." and that Mostow "did a tremendous job."

Please, Cameron's not going to publicly say "Mostow screwed up" even if he thinks it. Cameron may say "great" but you can be sure he would've done it completely differently.

If it ain't broke, then why fix it?

How trite. T3 is supposed to be a sequel, not a remake. There's a difference between paying tribute to a movie and remaking many of the scenes.

It's called PERIL. The characters are never given a chance to have a breather so it keeps the audience interested. And if you remember, in the first two films, the exposition takes place DURING action scenes, as it does here.

It's called masking a poor script with a blur of action, and hoping the audience is too stupid to notice.

I disagree...

Uh, why would John Connor ask the Terminator if he remembered the events in T2 if Connor was RIGHT THERE WHEN THE T-800 LOWERED HIMSELF INTO THE MOLTEN STEEL? In T2 John knew that his mother faced the exact same model before he was born. How? Sarah flipped out at the mere sight of the Terminator. If the new Terminator didn't look identical to the previous Terminator, how would she know what he is? That was a big hint I'd say! John knew that the other Terminator was destroyed before he was born. He could see that the other Terminator's remaining parts were exactly the same as his Terminator's parts. He knew that there was more than one Terminator. He even said "Cool, my own Terminator!" like someone might say "Cool, my own PC!" In T3, he could see the current Terminator was identical to his old Terminator, which he knew was identical to his mother's Terminator. How could Connor even begin to think it was the same Terminator? Why would he ask such a stupid question as "What, do you come off some assembly line?" Of course they come off of an assembly line, they're identical machines! He was smarter as a teenager! Connor being ignorant on the subject of Terminators makes no sense and you can't explain it away no matter how hard you try. Also, why would John Connor be killed by a Terminator in the future due to his supposed fondness for the T-800 Infiltrator model? That's incredibly stupid! Future Connor is the leader of the resistance, not an addlepated, easily fooled simpleton!

SWIPE TO REVEAL: Mostow & Co. solved one of the fundamental paradoxes created by TERMINATOR 2 by making Judgment Day postponable, but inevitible. If they had stopped Judgment Day, Connor would never send Kyle Reese to the Past, therefore he would never have been conceived, and would not grow up to stop Judgment Day, et cetera, et cetera...

Time paradoxes are a staple of time travel films and it was never something that people questioned, so it was never a problem that needed solving.

SWIPE TO REVEAL: It took a NUKE to kill the T-X, the T-1000 LOST ITS BALANCE AND FELL INTO A VAT OF MOLTEN STEEL.

The T-X is essentially a T-800 with a liquid metal shell for disguise. Whoop-di-do. The T-800 held down the half of the T-X that was left (didn't take a nuke to cut it in half) while the door crushed them or something. It wasn't very memorable.

The T-1000 was slick and easiabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors