Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
 Reducing the lag in Disk Arena

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Tron Fanatic
User

on Tuesday, September, 09, 2003 5:18 PM
Granted, my disk skill is rather pathetic so I'm not going to blame lag on the fact that it takes me 50 throws before I score a hit, but if it weren't for the speed making it more noticable, I dare say that disk arena suffers from more lag that lightcycles.

But I don't believe that it has to remain this way. I believe the biggest cause of lag in disk arena is the presence of the lobbies. Now, I don't actually see anything wrong with the idea - I thought it was kind of neat to be able to practice while waiting for a match. But then once when I was actually in a match, I happened to glance up and I could see all the players in the lobby fighting one another, and there were so many disks flying around, it looked like a psychadelic lightning storm.

The first thought that came to mind was "Why should I be recieving their packets when what they're doing has no effect on the match? And I'm going to assume that players in other match rooms are also sending unnecessary packets.

I've heard that lobbying could be disabled, but I have yet to see it done on any server, and thought maybe I just misinterpreted this as disk fighting being disabled in the lobbies. This is all fine over a LAN, but couldn't there be a way to prevent data from being sent to clients that don't need that data so it doesn't create a ton of extra lag over the net?

'>

Inode
User

Re: Reducing the lag in Disk Arena

on Wednesday, September, 10, 2003 3:55 PM
Tweaking the bandwidth setting in player setup also helps. It's not just a novelty setting.

where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

--
Inode 2.0
Future Control Industries
Toronto, Canada

Cliff
Buena Vista Games

Re: Reducing the lag in Disk Arena

on Saturday, September, 13, 2003 12:52 AM
Auric runs a server with spectator discs turned off.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

ck

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Multiplayer