General Discussion 
 coolness

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Sketch
Sector Admin

coolness

on Friday, October, 24, 2003 4:23 PM
My Cooper brand 80's hockey helmet just came in from ebay. Going to try my hand at making it into a tron helmet. Kinda a mini project when I get the chance. It has some scuff marks to smooth out, but it's in good shape. This will be neat when I get the chance to start working on it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

DaveTRON
User

Re: coolness

on Friday, October, 24, 2003 5:50 PM
Sketch,

I am doing the same thing here. What process are you planning to use? Paint? Tape? Somthing else? Let's compare notes.

DaveTRON

Lew
User

on Friday, October, 24, 2003 6:42 PM
Got to be blue glow powder order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Friday, October, 24, 2003 9:45 PM
Blue glow powder is what I plan to use for the glow effect and mix it with some visible blue fluorescent paint so in regular daylight it will still look like it's glowing.
To fill up the breath holes my dads got some Bondo, which can be smoothed out very nicely and will stay on the helmet.
The bondo is giving me an idea... instead of just painting on the circuts, I wonder how it would look if they were slightly cut into the helmet to give it a real intergrated look and feel. Might do some tests first though. I do like the thought of it.

I also plan to paint the whole helmet a dark color like the 2.0 characters use to make the circuts really visible.

I like the fact the helmet is adjustable. The whole thing is really 2 pieces. The front and back is screwed together. I never knew that. This is the very style helmet Tron and the others wear in the film.

Hope I can pull this off.

Qix77
User

on Friday, October, 24, 2003 11:41 PM
I'm not going to be able to enter the contest, so I really want to wish everyone their best.

I would really like to see pictures of your finished outfits after the contest is over, if possible.

I really wished I would have the time, but my user is leaving on a business trip .

Good Luck Everyone....

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Saturday, October, 25, 2003 12:52 AM
I'm just going to make a Tron helmet. I certianly don't have time to throw together a full costume for the contest.

Scratch the bondo idea.
Talked to my dad about it. Said that material is to stiff. On the flexible palstic it would crack if hit or dropped. Just going to paint the circuts on then.
But my dad thinks there's another way to fill in the breath holes. My helmet came with add on side pieces. I can cut these and attach parts of them under the breath holes with some appoxie.

Now I want to know what material they used for the back piece that covers the neck area. That's going to be a challenge since it also goes around and behind the ear section to narrow the ear opening.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Qix77
User

on Monday, October, 27, 2003 4:46 AM
Sketch,

I hope it turns out perfect. You'll have to post the pics after the contest.

BTW: Hows the TRON comic comming along? Forgive me but I've not had much time to check out your site. I'm heading there now...

Keep up the awsome work...

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Monday, October, 27, 2003 2:49 PM
Network Errors is on the backburner at the moment. Been busy with other things plus I'm still waiting for the old data off the NEC that was struck by lighting. My backup CD isn't current with the data on the NEC.

flynn1978
User

on Monday, October, 27, 2003 5:47 PM
I want to say that I have used both tape and paint in creating a tron helmet, and I believe that tape is the best (quickest). Paint you have to apply several coats onto the helmet-especially if you are using glow in the darks.

You could use pinstripe tape (red, white, or black @ 1/4 in) (@ your local auto store or walmart), or you could pick up some 3M reflective tape (also at those same stores) in colors red, white, orange, and they even said black was one of the choices (I think black reflective tape is an oxymoron, but it must work-I haven't bought it though). [the reflective tape is 1 in thick so you have to cut it into 4 equal strips to get a good basic tron circuit look]
I've tried a turn at combing glow in the dark paint and flourescent paint together for a helmet, but the 3M reflective tape is much quicker to apply with basically the same results. There is a glow under black light (not like flourecent though I could be wrong) but there's a glow with that tape no matter what light you use.

where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 coolness