Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 IC_Regular AI

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
cirlin
User

IC_Regular AI

on Thursday, October, 30, 2003 6:12 PM
I'm trying to mess with the accuracy of the ICP's and I've found the parameters I'm supposed to edit in the aibutes.txt (as mentioned in the tools .doc's). However I don't know where to put the file after I've edited it. The .doc doesn't mention, so I thought maybe just leaving it where it is (F:\Tron 2.0\game\ATTRIBUTES on my pc) would work, but it doesn't seem to. Any suggestions/Ideas? Thanks.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

Re: IC_Regular AI

on Thursday, October, 30, 2003 7:36 PM

After editing the AIBUTES.TXT file, you have to put it in a .REZ file. Inside the .REZ file, you need to create an ATTRIBUTES folder, and put the AIBUTES.TXT file in it.

Then you need to put the .REZ file in x:\YourTronDir\Custom\Mods\NameofREZ. You can call the .REZ anything you want. Just make sure you put in in a folder with the same name, and put that in Custom\Mods.

So it would end up as Custom\Mods\ICP_AI\ICP_AI.REZ.

Then when you use the game launcher, a new button will appear on the bottom named Custom. Use that to enable your mod.

If these instructions weren't clear enough, I did a mod of my own and have an illustrated guide on how to enable a mod. It's on the Full Game Cheats page. I made a mod that enables Orange Light Cycles in Single Player.

abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

cirlin
User

on Thursday, October, 30, 2003 11:30 PM
That looks pretty clear, thanks. But does that mean I have to be totally done with the level before it will have an effect? More specifically can I launch the mission from Dedit and have it make the changes, or does everything have to be compiled first?
Thanks again.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, October, 31, 2003 12:35 AM

Nope. Just modify the AIBUTES.TXT file, and put it in a .REZ. Then, if you want to launch your level from DEdit, you'll have to add "-rez Custom\Mods\ICP_AI.REZ" to the program arguments, in the Run tab from the Options menu item. That should do it.

When you've finished working on the the level, you'll have to use two .REZ files. One for whatever modifications you make to the attribute files, and the other to hold the level. The second .REZ with the level in it, would go into Custom\Resources.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 IC_Regular AI