General Discussion 
 Top 10 Geek Films

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
DaveTRON
User

Top 10 Geek Films

on Sunday, January, 11, 2004 1:33 AM
I found this link and I thought you might want to check it out.

TRON is ranked #7 behind films like Hackers with Angelina Jolie as a top geek film. Check the list and post here about what you think.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

DaveTRON

KiaPurity
User

Re: Top 10 Geek Films

on Sunday, January, 11, 2004 2:04 AM
Tron should be ranked ahead of Hackers. o_O Hackers was a okay movie, but aackkk! It wasn't great movie and well, it glorified hackers too much. ^^; (Basically, the true term of "hacker" got muilated by that movie... it originally meant a person who messes around with computer hardware/software kind of like Flynn, but now it means a person who illegally breaks into a computer system for the purpose of uh, bad stuff...)

But still, that's great that Tron is on the list! abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

zordmaker
User

on Sunday, January, 11, 2004 4:44 AM
DaveTRON Wrote:I found this link and I thought you might want to check it out.

TRON is ranked #7 behind films like Hackers with Angelina Jolie as a top geek film. Check the list and post here about what you think.

Oh and what about Sandra Buttock (whoops) Bullock in The Net then? I would have put that above Tron for geeksville status.

Pity it didnt include TV shows, otherwise my old favourite Max Headroom would have to go to No. #1..

ZordMakerabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

tron_fanfare
User

on Sunday, January, 11, 2004 11:51 AM
Zord,

If they had included TV shows they would have had to put on the tron wanna be show....AUTOMAN hehe. If that doenst qualify as a reverse-tron-rip off i dont know what does

"How are ya gonna run the universe if you can't even answer a few unsolvable problems?" - Flynn in the real world

FusionAddict
User

on Sunday, January, 11, 2004 2:09 PM
Hackers is a movie that makes my skull wanna collapse.

To hear them crapping their pants over a 28.8 BPS modem and a processor in 1995 that's "Five Times the Speed of a Pentium" (Obviously the writers didn't know that Pentium was a model name, not a speed classification) makes me want to pour coke in the back of my TV.

It's as if some writer said...okay, what is a hacker? "Um...it's got something to do with computers..." Great, we'll stick a lot of jargon in the movie and we'll be fine...the people who go see this don't know anything about computers, they won't know the difference. "But what if we're wrong?" Hmm. Good point. Who's that guy who's supposed to be our 'consultant'? Goldstein? We'll name one of the guys after him. And the computer after that 'Johnny Mnemonic' guy. Ok, let's roll!!!order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

The Clu abides, man...

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Sunday, January, 11, 2004 2:23 PM
Hackers. When the advertisements for it started popping up when it was new, it looked SOOOOO uninteresting to me.

I started watching it on TV during a lazy weekend afternoon some time back. I got bored very quick and don't think I made it past the 15 minute mark - it just looked and felt stupid. How is this even in the list? Are there really geeks out there who thought this film was really good? Don't let just the title fool you. I didn't even find Angelina Jolie very attractive in this one - that may be more of a personal preference in looks, but even a "hot chick" probably couldn't have made this film more interesting or entertaining for me. Just my opinion

Anyway, TRON should have topped the list. How did Star Wars top the list? That's such a cross-over film - you don't have to be a geek to love that film, it was just a fun movie and geeks and non-geeks alike loved it. It doesn't rub off as a "cult classic" film to me either, though I guess it could be like that, and then some.

Ok, you don't have to be a geek to love TRON, but in general terms, I think it's safe to say that us geeks are the ones who loved it the most.

It really should have topped the list.

That's ok though. We all know the TRUE top geek film of all time

Compucore
User

on Sunday, January, 11, 2004 2:42 PM
I would have to agree with you on that Todd. I think that Tron should have made it tothe top of the list as well in the Movies. Since it was the first time around that any director had tried using computer graphics in a film in 1982. The first Star wars film I thought that it was 99% hand drawn when it was made for ther graphics and all that.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Red5
User

on Sunday, January, 11, 2004 2:51 PM

Geek films, eh? Hmmm...Here's my top 5:

Revenge of the Nerds
Revenge of the Nerds 2
Revenge of the Nerds 4 (not for geeks, just the seriously disturbed.)
Buckaroo Banzai
Tronwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

zordmaker
User

on Sunday, January, 11, 2004 4:26 PM
tron_fanfare Wrote:Zord,

If they had included TV shows they would have had to put on the tron wanna be show....AUTOMAN hehe. If that doenst qualify as a reverse-tron-rip off i dont know what does

I can remembner that when AUTOMAN screened on TV here, it was specifically advertised as featuring "the master digital effects of TRON".

I have one copy of the pilot episode and have watched it quite a few times over the years.

But as a show it was lame, typical of the Californian TV output of the time and right up there with Buck Rodgers.

ZordMaker

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Sunday, January, 11, 2004 5:44 PM
zordmaker Wrote:should have liked, but I really didn't enjoy it much and didn't watch it often.

Whoops - I got slightly off the thread topic
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

kmon
User

on Sunday, January, 11, 2004 6:36 PM
where is PI?!?! That movie should be in the list! Guess indi films dont count...*sigh. I dont agree at all with the ordering....but i would have to include cult films. Not geeky persay, but....well just go to midnight showing of rocky horror picture show, definitly dedicated fans. Also army of darkness is a great flick. Also no anime is on list...ARGGGG.

oh the biggest missed film...metropolis...if you havent seen it or read the book, you definitly need to. Must see geek culture. As a note they did do a remake in color with funky music....you should watch both verisons of the film (the anime verison is completly different....but still cool as well).abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

^^ Full tower gamer ^^

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Top 10 Geek Films