General Discussion 
 Flynn's Arcade photo

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
Red5
User

Flynn's Arcade photo

on Thursday, January, 15, 2004 3:21 AM

What an amazing photo you nabbed there, Dave. The resoultion is brilliant - a gloriously sunny day in California there - and it looks as if the facade hasn't changed one bit since 1982. In fact, it looks better know than it did then. Anyway, thanks for taking the time and going done there. Much appreciated. I've now got the pic as the wallpaper on my desktop. Brill!

ps did you get any pix of the building from inside. Note: was the arcade scenes in the movie actually shot inside there?order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON
User

Re: Flynn's Arcade photo

on Thursday, January, 15, 2004 6:27 PM
I think the interiors were done there, at least part of them. I will check into that.

That pic is actually reduced quality from the original. I have a bigger and better version if you want it. Drop me a line if you do.

DaveTRON

NickScalan
User

on Wednesday, January, 21, 2004 2:19 PM
It looks like they moved the front door down to the right side of the building.

Cool photo

Nick

Nick,

"Bring me two Piña Coladas...one for each hand" - Garth Brooks

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, January, 21, 2004 5:58 PM
Yes - very cool photo you took!

You know, if I ever drove by that place (not have seen the photo first), I'd probably think it looked really familiar, but not know why.

It looks so different in TRON because the front alterations, the "FLYNN'S" sign... but also it's only seen at night in the film - gives it a whole different feel.
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, January, 21, 2004 7:41 PM
I am actually planning to go back and redo the photo from the same angle as he film. I want a better Then and Now version, and I will try to do the nighttime shot as well.

DaveTRON

Alan1
User

on Thursday, January, 22, 2004 10:38 AM
Cool photo! What was/is in the building?order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

"This isn't happening, it only thinks it's happening"-Kevin Flynn
https://www.facebook.com/pages/LightEars/935720649794384

DaveTRON
User

on Thursday, January, 22, 2004 12:30 PM
If you check the news on the front page I wrote a detailed description. It's an Italian restaurant these days. I am going to go there soon and have a meal just to say I've been. I hope it's good food.

DaveTRON

Traahn
User

on Monday, September, 25, 2006 12:55 AM
I'm enjoying old Tron-Sector threads tonight. DaveTRON, was the food any good??

I was just watching Tron tonight and noticed Flynn's (in the movie) is located on "Watseka" street (or avenue?). The cross-street is maybe 300. So "300 Watseka" (roughly). Are these the actual cross-streets in real life?

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

disc100
User

on Monday, September, 25, 2006 7:02 AM
Traahn, good way to raise your post count by reviving old threads. I think i'm going to do the same thing now!

-------------------------------------------------------
Click here for a picture of air!

Click here for an Awesome picture of TRON!!!

Sora.EXE
User

on Monday, September, 25, 2006 8:30 AM
Oh come now, let's let bygones be bygones, Eh? Anyway, I thought that Flynns Arcade would be in a condition like in the comic.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

DaveTRON
User

on Monday, September, 25, 2006 11:33 AM
Traahn Wrote:I'm enjoying old Tron-Sector threads tonight. DaveTRON, was the food any good??

I was just watching Tron tonight and noticed Flynn's (in the movie) is located on "Watseka" street (or avenue?). The cross-street is maybe 300. So "300 Watseka" (roughly). Are these the actual cross-streets in real life?

It is on Watseka and Washington in Culver City.

I have not eaten there yet, so I can't comment on the food.

DaveTRON

DaveTRON
User

on Monday, September, 25, 2006 11:34 AM
disc100 Wrote:Traahn, good way to raise your post count by reviving old threads. I think i'm going to do the same thing now!

There's no rule against reviving old threads as long as you add to it and don't just do it to bump. Traahn has a legit question and bumped. If you do the same, all will be well with you, otherwise count on some deletions for your post count.

DaveTRON

Traahn
User

on Monday, September, 25, 2006 11:29 PM
It is on Watseka and Washington in Culver City.
Excellent. I will have to make a note of this. It is my destiny to eat there. I totally want to go some day!!!

disc100 - I was curious about both and thought it would be neat to comment on them. It's not like old threads are locked. If I had bumped it and said, "Wheee!!! I now have 1642 posts!" then that wouldn't be too cool.

lurkinghorror
User

on Tuesday, September, 26, 2006 12:52 AM
Sora.EXE Wrote:Anyway, I thought that Flynns Arcade would be in a condition like in the comic.

Actually, the original script called for it to be a laundromat.

DaveTRON
User

on Tuesday, September, 26, 2006 1:08 AM
lurkinghorror Wrote:
Sora.EXE Wrote:Anyway, I thought that Flynns Arcade would be in a condition like in the comic.

Actually, the original script called for it to be a laundromat.

Then there is a script I haven't read. Which are you referring to?

DaveTRON

Dakota Bob
User

on Tuesday, September, 26, 2006 5:50 AM
Hey, I haven't seen this photo your talking about, is there a link to it?

lurkinghorror
User

on Tuesday, September, 26, 2006 5:33 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:

The first draft of issue one. I think you read the second draft, created after the pencils were turned in.

DaveTRON
User

on Tuesday, September, 26, 2006 9:49 PM
lurkinghorror Wrote:
DaveTRON Wrote:

The first draft of issue one. I think you read the second draft, created after the pencils were turned in.

OOOOOooooooohhhhhhhhh..........in the comic book! Got it! I thought you were talking movie scripts.

DaveTRON

Traahn
User

on Wednesday, September, 27, 2006 2:52 AM
I think I've seen the photo of what Flynn's Arcade looks like now in the image gallery before. You might check there. This site's file archives don't cooperate with me and internet explorer too well (files actually showing up for me are hit and miss), but good luck!

DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, September, 27, 2006 10:45 AM
Dakota Bob Wrote:Hey, I haven't seen this photo your talking about, is there a link to it?

All you have to do is look.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Flynn's Arcade photo