Lora Question

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
DaveTRON
User

Lora Question

on Sunday, January, 25, 2004 2:50 AM
Here's a stumper Programs.

There is no record that I can find of what Lora's last name is in the film. It's not in any script, or any of the Production documents. It's not metioned in the book. Cast listings have last names for everyone but Lora. Go figure.

However, she wears a nametag in the ENCOM scenes that clearly has a last name printed on it.

I have tried to catch it from watching the DVD, and I even tried at the recent NuArt screening to see if I could read it. I can't.

Steven Lisberger and Cindy Morgan do not know what it was, so I am calling on you eagle eyed fans to see if anyone knows and can prove what it says on that tag.

It appears only in two scenes, and is only readable in one. The scene right after Alan meets with Dillinger is the first scene and the place where I have tried to read it. the second is as Lora and Alan walk down the long hallway heading towards the car. Unfortunately it is backwards in that scene and cannot be read. It never appears again in the film.

Who is up for the challenge? You have to provide evidence, guesses don't count.

DaveTRON

tronprogram
Sector Admin

Re: Lora Question

on Sunday, January, 25, 2004 6:08 AM
Dave my friend,

I just had a look through the novelisation of TRON, and in there Lora's last name is rentioned as Baines. So Dr Lora Baines it could be. Hope that helps

"Like the man said, there's no problems, only solutions"-Kevin Flynn, prior to his entry into the electronic world- 1982

DaveTRON
User

on Sunday, January, 25, 2004 1:24 PM
Really? I read through last week and didn't see it anywhere. What page?

Baines has been bouncing through my head along with Barnes as the possible answers, so that must be why, but I didn't see it in the book.

DaveTRON

viscous
User

on Monday, January, 26, 2004 1:02 PM
I have a big TV and a DVD player with zoom capability -- now you've got me curious to see if I can actually see it clearly in the movie at any time.

Traahn
User

on Tuesday, February, 03, 2004 12:35 AM
Yep, "Dr. Lora Baines" ... Chapter 4, Page 35:

"His deputy team leader and colleague, Dr. Lora Baines, seemed in marked contrast to Gibbs, but they shared values and aspirations."

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Traahn
User

on Tuesday, February, 03, 2004 12:36 AM
I read that from a "First Edition: June 1982" printing of the book.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

DaveTRON
User

on Tuesday, February, 03, 2004 8:59 PM
Yeah, I went and found it last night too! Good to know. Neither Steven Lisberger nor Cindy Morgan could remember it. Thanks everyone.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

DaveTRON

yojimbo
User

on Wednesday, February, 04, 2004 1:47 PM
I tried to do a screen-cap for you, Dave, but the badge just isn't legible in the first scene. In the "hallway scene", theres a better close-up, but the badge is flipped around!! But it does look like "Baines", or at least starting w/ a "B" and having as many letters.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, February, 04, 2004 9:12 PM
I tried the same. Even ran it through some filters to try to enhance it and it just got uglier. Thanks for trying though. The mystery is solved in my opinion.

DaveTRON

viscous
User

on Friday, February, 06, 2004 11:36 AM
It's just as well that it's in the novel and we can accept that. I watched my DVD of Tron (I have the original, non collectors version) and the nametag was so grainy as to be impossible to make anything out.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Lora Question