General Discussion 
 Klaatu Barada Nikto in Alan's cubicle

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
heechee
User

on Sunday, February, 01, 2004 9:19 AM
Sorry if this was posted before but the search function is dead.
On the wall of Alan's cubicle (when he sits down after breaking into the building) are the words "Gort klaatu barada nikto" - what is that about ?
I remember in Evil Dead 3 the hero Ash had to utter these words to banish evil. Well, he couldn't get them right and evil was set loose. What's the story behind those words ?
Thanks,
Kaiwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Darksaber7
User

Re: Klaatu Barada Nikto in Alan's cubicle

on Sunday, February, 01, 2004 9:44 AM
I'm not sure what the story behind them is, but Lucas used them as names for creatures in RotJ, too.

Don't you wish your corruption was hot like me?

Scuzzy
User

on Sunday, February, 01, 2004 11:28 AM
It's from the movie "The Day The Earth Stood Still". If I remember correctly, it's what the alien said to the robot to make him stand down from advancing on the people. Honestly, I've never even seen the movie. order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there.

tron_fanfare
User

on Sunday, February, 01, 2004 11:53 AM
It is from the day the earth stood still. Gort was the robot and Klatuu Baratta Nikto means something to the tune of "do not destroy the earth" By the way the book is much better than the movie so if anyone is looking for a good read pick it up..has a surprise ending that the movie doesn't go into

"How are ya gonna run the universe if you can't even answer a few unsolvable problems?" - Flynn in the real world

foilism
User

on Sunday, February, 01, 2004 4:02 PM
I remember klaatu and nikto from rotj, they were on jabba's sail barge, lol!

Darksaber7
User

on Sunday, February, 01, 2004 4:28 PM
Barada was the sort of "dog faced" guy on the second skiff above the pit. I only know that's his name from the collectors books. where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Don't you wish your corruption was hot like me?

XenoTron
User

on Wednesday, February, 04, 2004 9:15 PM
actually, i'm pretty sure "Gort Klaatu Barada Nikto" is telling Gort (the robot) that Klaatu (his master/alien/main character/guy) has died. Basically "Gort, Klaatu is dead", which didn't stop Gort from destorying the world, it made him stop attacking and go get Klaatu's body so he could be revived. But yeah, classic 50's scifi movie that was supposed to be deep and meaningful as Klaatu represented Christ. Maybe the article I read about the movie went WAY too deep into the story, but Klaatu was supposed to represent the second coming of Christ or something.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

flynn1978
User

on Wednesday, February, 04, 2004 10:28 PM

It was like last night I was hearing that in Army of Darkness on tv!

Klaatu, Barada, Nikasdjkl;fflll!

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion