Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Here is an idea I've had in my head for 20 years..

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
wwwmwww
User

on Tuesday, February, 10, 2004 3:23 PM
Has anyone done this before me? I've ALWAYS wondered what a Light Cycle would look like with a sidecar and I've never seen one done before so I made my own. I think this fits well with the slogan of reminding you of something you've never seen before.

Enjoy...
Carl

P.S. My tank pilot program has seen this and he's wanting one for his retirement.

Lew
User

Re: Here is an idea I've had in my head for 20 years..

on Tuesday, February, 10, 2004 3:34 PM
Nice! where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

MasterControlProgram
User

on Tuesday, February, 10, 2004 3:39 PM

Whoaaa thats really cool!
they look real good..

"I want Him the Games Until he DIES playing!"-MCP

Click here to Make Money reading e mails. Sign up is FREE

Missile v4.2.5
User

on Tuesday, February, 10, 2004 3:50 PM
Great idea!

How about for a unique name "Side Cycle"?order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Missile v4.2.5

Darksaber7
User

on Tuesday, February, 10, 2004 4:03 PM
That is too cool!

Have you ever seen those nuts that do side car races? I could see a couple of your bikes burning around a custom grid track. 'Course they would need to be able to open the top of the side car...

As a note, WWWMWWW, I really like your art. I saved that one with the LC hiding beside the tank to use as a desktop. That's just too funny.

Don't you wish your corruption was hot like me?

wwwmwww
User

on Tuesday, February, 10, 2004 4:18 PM
Wow!!! You guys are fast. It just hit me what I should have done. I should have just posted this picture first...

and asked everyone what they thought of my latest project. How many of you would have said "Yeh, Carl we've already seen your Light Cycle" and how many would have taken a close look at that reflection? Live and learn... I'll find a way to keep you on your toes next time.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. I'm getting better at this stuff. It only took me about 3 days to put together.

Carl

Compucore
User

on Tuesday, February, 10, 2004 5:00 PM
Hey Carl,

Those pictures are impresive there with the side cars on them. Reminds me of those motorbikes with the side cars that they use for racing and all that. Or something that they would have used in G.I.Joe in a similar fashion but with all those ammunicions there on them....

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Flynn316
User

on Tuesday, February, 10, 2004 5:36 PM
Nice work!!

This town is full of live ones!!

DaveTRON
User

on Tuesday, February, 10, 2004 6:42 PM
I've had a similar idea about the ability for two cycles to link up in game and then separate again at a strategic point to for a blocking wall between them. Imagine getting boxed in like that!on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

DaveTRON

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, February, 10, 2004 6:47 PM
wwwmwww - that's GREAT!

You did the side-car VERY TRON - excellent application of the original style and look of TRON and taking it a step further to the "what if they had these..." stage.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. I'd really like to see some of these light cycles animated.

Have you considered putting together a short (classic) cycle arena animation? Or do you consider yourself more of a digital sculptor, rather than animator?

Either way - that's some very cool stuff you're putting out!

Darksaber7
User

on Tuesday, February, 10, 2004 6:50 PM

DaveTRON
User

on Tuesday, February, 10, 2004 8:47 PM
That's it! It's like you read my mind!

DaveTRON

Darksaber7
User

on Tuesday, February, 10, 2004 9:04 PM

Even better!
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

harpo989
User

on Tuesday, February, 10, 2004 9:31 PM
*rezzes in*

nice!
hey, what program did you do it in?
lately I've been playing around with lightwave for a short film I'm making...where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

------------
Harpo989: The original fConer. (Now with (0rr[up73d fruit flavoring!)

Scuzzy
User

on Wednesday, February, 11, 2004 12:02 AM
That is sick, twisted, and wrong, very wrong.

*makes grabby hands*

Gimmie!

Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there.

wwwmwww
User

on Wednesday, February, 11, 2004 12:52 AM
Ok... lets address some of the comments/questions...

But first let me thank Sketch for his Dodge Tomahawk thread that pushed me to putting this idea into action. Am I the only one that's wondered what a sidecar for a Dodge Tomahawk would look like?

DaveTRON Wrote:I've had a similar idea about the ability for two cycles to link up in game and then separate again at a strategic point to for a blocking wall between them. Imagine getting boxed in like that!

Isn't that essentially what happened in the movie when Tron and Rem both cut in on the guy sandwiched between them? True there isn't a blocking wall but the gap is narrow enough that he can't pass which has the same result. With the parts I have now I could easily connect two bikes with or without a side car between them but I don't really see what two connected bikes could do that two seperated bikes couldn't do. If you want something that could leave two tails I have an idea that I think would be cute. I could make the side car a stand-alone vehicle. I could take the cycle away altogether and replace it with another fender and add a small spherical front wheel under its nose. I think that could look nice. One of my boys has asked me to add a side car to each side. That's also something I could do easily at this point but I think one should look better then two.

Missile v4.2.5 Wrote:How about for a unique name "Side Cycle"?

I like it.

Darksaber7 Wrote:That is too cool!
Have you ever seen those nuts that do side car races? I could see a couple of your bikes burning around a custom grid track. 'Course they would need to be able to open the top of the side car...

Thanks... and yes I've seen side car races. Its been a very very long time ago though. I can even remember seeing a few bikes with sidecars in normal traffic but that too seems like its been 10 or 20 years ago. Are side cars a thing of the past? I never seem to see them any more.

As for how to get in the side care I was thinking it would just materialize around the 'program' like the cycle itself does. If you wanted to make it a little more real it would be easy to attach the window section to the top arch and have that assembly pivot about a point at the back of the arch.

Darksaber7 Wrote:As a note, WWWMWWW, I really like your art. I saved that one with the LC hiding beside the tank to use as a desktop. That's just too funny.

Thanks... I can't think of a better compliment. That one image took me a week to render otherwise I'd offer to render one at a higher resolution for you. Atleast I hope your desktop is bigger then 800x600.

Compucore Wrote:Or something that they would have used in G.I.Joe in a similar fashion but with all those ammunicions there on them....

For some reason this makes me think of an idea I had when I saw how much that pod of the 'side cycle' looked like a cockpit of something that could fly. It looks like the whole pod could just fly off the chassis and sprout wings and fly. Couldn't you just see the thing at the head of a light beam, the kind the solar sailer flys on?

TheReelTodd Wrote:wwwmwwwHave you considered putting together a short (classic) cycle arena animation?

Yes... I have. Several things are slowing me down.
(1) I'm very new at what I'm doing. I'm still learning the tools I'm playing with. I've never made an animation before but before about 3 months ago I had never made images like these before either so don't expect that to stop me.
(2) I need to optimize my models. The six images above took about 24 hours to render total. And note I didn't use any tranparent textures. I could probably turn off Anti-Aliasing as I don't think that would show up too much in an animation. But if I also had to turn of all the reflections I think it would take

harpo989
User

on Wednesday, February, 11, 2004 1:16 AM
hmm, I actually have POV-ray, but I only use it to render Mlcad scenes. ( www.ldraw.org )
I use lightwave because it's easy, (created my first video in two weeks.) and it's the Mac copy, so I just use the Mac for video and lightwave.
I also have Blender, but I only use it for Sci-fi 3d stuff. ( www.scifi3d.com )

so, um, hope the job situation works out for you.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

------------
Harpo989: The original fConer. (Now with (0rr[up73d fruit flavoring!)

IsoLine
User

on Wednesday, February, 11, 2004 2:49 AM
Wow a lightcycle with sidecar. Move over Mr. Mead, looks like we got another cycle designer on the grid here. I like! I wonder if the sidecar could come equipped with like a multidirectional disk launcher, so the passenger could lob disks or some other destracting projectiles at opponents. I'm currently trying to drum up funding for a tron fan film and one of the new vehicles I was going to put in was a "Monowheel" style lightcycle, but this has my brain cooking.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

wwwmwww
User

on Wednesday, February, 11, 2004 12:06 PM
harpo989 Wrote:hmm, I actually have POV-ray, but I only use it to render Mlcad scenes. ( www.ldraw.org )
I use lightwave because it's easy, (created my first video in two weeks.) and it's the Mac copy, so I just use the Mac for video and lightwave.
I also have Blender, but I only use it for Sci-fi 3d stuff. ( www.scifi3d.com )

Wow!!! Two very nice links. Actual virtual legos... I might have to look into that sometime. Sounds fun.

The other link prompted me to make this post:
http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=268600231#post268600231
No one here is eligible for the two points but you are welome to watch the fun. I hope its fun anyways. I generally don't post at too many of the bigger boards. I like the atmosphere here at Tron Sector and some other smaller borads much better.

harpo989 Wrote:so, um, hope the job situation works out for you.

It will I'm sure... my big concern is when. Every thing is just moving so slow. I talked to one person that had 9 months between his interview and when he got an offer. I'm even still talking with the first place that interviewed me. That was 5 months ago for a potential position that depended on them getting some new business. They are still in negotiations to get that business. Anyways... when I get something I'll be sure to let everyone here know.

Thanks,
Carl

wwwmwww
User

on Wednesday, February, 11, 2004 12:38 PM
IsoLine Wrote:Wow a lightcycle with sidecar. Move over Mr. Mead, looks like we got another cycle designer on the grid here. I like!.

Thanks but I'm far from being in class with Mr. Mead. I'm just a huge fan of his work doing a little playing on my own.

IsoLine Wrote:I wonder if the sidecar could come equipped with like a multidirectional disk launcher, so the passenger could lob disks or some other destracting projectiles at opponents.

Sure it could. It would give the passenger something to do. Now for some reason I just got the image of Sean Connery saying "They got us son" stuck in my head.

IsoLine Wrote:I'm currently trying to drum up funding for a tron fan film and one of the new vehicles I was going to put in was a "Monowheel" style lightcycle, but this has my brain cooking.

Sounds like a fun project. Have you got any pics of your Monowheel? I could probably model it if its built from primitives like the origional rather easily. Even if you've already got it modeled I'd love to see it. Good luck with your project.

Carl

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion