General Discussion 
 COMCAST MAKES HOSTILE BID FOR DISNEY MERGER

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
FusionAddict
User

on Wednesday, February, 11, 2004 5:19 PM
Comcast today announced a proposal to acquire Disney in a tax-free stock trade , acquiring over $11 Billion in debt that The Mouse has accrued.

READ MORE HERE

The Clu abides, man...

MutoidMan
User

Re: COMCAST MAKES HOSTILE BID FOR DISNEY MERGER

on Wednesday, February, 11, 2004 5:46 PM
This would signal the beginning of the end of Disney.

All Comcast really wants is the Disney name, which has high brand recognition and which they will simply slap onto whatever cable channel they see fit.

Comcast will break up Disney and sell it off piece by piece, starting with the theme parks which are the furthest away from the core communications business.

Mark my words, if this goes through Disney as we know it is dead.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, February, 11, 2004 6:00 PM
All that animation history will be down the drain... I don't like the sound of this at all. Man, Disney is having a very rough time right now. I really hope they get out of the mess. If Disney falls that will be a major blow to the animation world.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, February, 11, 2004 6:35 PM
You know, I heard them talking about this on the news today. It didn't sound all bad. Comcast might just be able to get Disney headed back in the right direction. Or yes, they might just spell disaster - it could swing either way.

Sketch Wrote:All that animation history will be down the drain... I don't like the sound of this at all. Man, Disney is having a very rough time right now. I really hope they get out of the mess. If Disney falls that will be a major blow to the animation world.

Either way this goes, I don't think Disney will "fall". It may indeed be a very dark time for the company, but I doubt it will be lost. I think Disney will find a way to survive, and eventually find their way back in to what they have done so well in the past - their classic storytelling and beautiful animation.

That's my take on it anyway. I'm hoping they survive all of this and come out on top. I think it's just a matter of getting the right people involved with the company (proper leadership) and just a matter of time.

Darksaber7
User

on Wednesday, February, 11, 2004 7:40 PM
I know mine is a limited point of view, but I've worked for two companies that have been bought out during their troubled times, and it didn't work out good for the company / employees either time.

Like I said, I don't know much about this, so I won't say much. But I think they only want to buy a company with it's 11+ million dollars debt to exploit the name.

Don't you wish your corruption was hot like me?

Hale-XF11
User

on Wednesday, February, 11, 2004 8:50 PM
Amazingly enough, my parents own a ton of stock in Disney and the shares went up $4.00 EACH! My mom couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe it. But now I do.

My understanding is that it's a "hostile bid" as my mom put it (can also be found on msnbc.com). I don't know if she has her facts right or how it works myself, but you can bet we'll have our eyes glued to the news for the outcome. If this happens you can bet on Eisner getting the boot. Not only that but the bid is actually valued at nearly $60 billion!

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

FusionAddict
User

on Wednesday, February, 11, 2004 11:37 PM
AAAH!!! But it's possible the hostile takeover isn't quite as "hostile" as it's made to believe...the guy that runs Comcast started the Disney Stores, kept Euro Disney afloat with an ingenious budget restructuring, and ran Buena Vista Television Distribution. Supposedly he wants to pump money into the parks and reopen WDFA, and Roy seems to think it's a good idea...and who are we to argue with the heir?

http://www.savedisney.com

The Clu abides, man...

DaveTRON
User

on Monday, February, 16, 2004 2:56 AM
There is a lot of scuttlebutt going on at work about this. Sure has died off in the press though.

DaveTRON

Compucore
User

on Tuesday, February, 17, 2004 4:21 PM
I still hear about it up here from time to time about it. Not as much as when it came out about the hostile takeover. I think the local talk radio station had something about it in the afternoon.

But it was mainly speculation about the take over and all that.

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

KiaPurity
User

on Tuesday, February, 17, 2004 4:36 PM
I just heard that Disney turned down the bid but said that they'd accept a higher bid... o-o

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

DaveTRON
User

on Tuesday, February, 17, 2004 5:46 PM
I was just discussing this at lunch with a friend. I don't think anything will come of it.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON

Compucore
User

on Tuesday, February, 17, 2004 6:41 PM
You could be right Davetron. But yet again sometimes the rug can be pulled out from right underneath us. Correct me if I'm wrong here. Wasn't there another company trying to bid as well for Disney besides Comcast? I'm not certain but that is what I had heard over here.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Darksaber7
User

on Tuesday, February, 17, 2004 7:39 PM
I think they should sell it to us (cheap!). DaveTron could run it. Sketch, TheReelTodd and wwwmwww could do the most of the animation. Compucore and the others could keep the computers running. FusionAddict could blow stuff up in the movies. I'll handle security. I'm sure we could all come up with something to do!

Or run it into the ground faster than you can say BIT.

Compucore
User

on Tuesday, February, 17, 2004 7:49 PM
(Drools of thinking of running the IT department.) I would love to running the IT department. If memory serves me correctly. when I was at Disney world in Florida. I saw some of the computers down there keeping track of things there. I think that would be a long lived dream of mine keeping the computer dept like that up and running... I would be in seven heaven there.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

wwwmwww
User

on Tuesday, February, 17, 2004 8:26 PM
Sure... I'm in. I think it would be my dream job too. First order on business is to order the production of TRON 2.0. Hmmm... since the game is already called that does that make the next movie TRON 2.5 or something? Now we just have to come up with some money... what's the asking price again?order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

DaveTRON
User

on Tuesday, February, 17, 2004 8:29 PM
I would settle for them giving us TRON.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON

Darksaber7
User

on Tuesday, February, 17, 2004 8:38 PM
wwwmwww, I'm not sure of the price. Well in the millions I'm sure.

I've got $250 in my checking acc. right now. But after I get this next unemployment check and pay some bills, I'll have about, umm, about $250......

Lol

Compucore
User

on Tuesday, February, 17, 2004 9:03 PM
Davetron you mean another remake of The tron film or the sequel to the first film?

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

KiaPurity
User

on Tuesday, February, 17, 2004 11:41 PM
I'll settle for a sequel!

...(though, I'd love to be in the sequel... I blame my dream that I was in the sequel, more like, a bit part or something and I was lobbing around my C64. ...still, it's a nice dream. :P)order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

DaveTRON
User

on Tuesday, February, 17, 2004 11:45 PM
No, I mean give us all the rights to TRON so we can decide what to do with. Who better right? order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

DaveTRON

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion