TRON: LEGACY 
 TRON sequel rumors from the past...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
mightyclaw
User

on Thursday, April, 01, 2004 2:31 PM
This post is not about anything recent (unless it is and I don't know it, in which case, whoo hoo!, but anyway...

I'd like to ask anyone interested to share some of the sequel rumors that have made the rounds over the years. I'll start with two: they're both strictly from memory, and I'd appreciate any error correction more knowledgable Programs might have to offer.

1. I read in an old issue of Computers And Video Games (or a mag like it) long ago that shortly after TRON was released the script to a potential sequel arrived at the magazine editor's office. The title of the script was "Tron Invictus", and evidently it involved a plot which actually seems similar to the plot of , in that is made more powerful and given the task of safeguarding the entire system, but insideous forces strive to corrupt him and ultimately the good guys must convince Flynn to re-enter the digital world in order to set things right. The magazine story went on to say that the editors were very impressed with the story, but found out that neither Disney nor Steven Lisberger had nothing to do with it, and the author could never be found, and it remained a mystery to that day. I was very impressed with 's deeper philosophical and allegorical elements at that time, and the possible ramifications of using a latin word in the sequel title seemed very exciting to me. Anybody have any info about this, or did I hallucinate the whole thing?

2. Much later on, while surfing the 'Net on my first quest for resources, I found a site which had both fan-fiction (including a story about and being forced to team up against the forces of that giant CIA computer, Eschelon) and potential sequel discussion. One sequel idea which really appealed to me was one in which Flynn had re-entered the digital world and was living in it full-time, directing into continuing it's meteoric rise to prominance in the business world, and behaving quite a bit like the old (Power corrupting even the most virtuous, I suppose.) I believe that Alan wound up being digitised and, teaming up with himself, went on an "Apocolypse Now"-style quest to find Flynn.

Your thoughts, Programs? Ever heard a sequel rumor?

The Claw
Visit the Empire of The Claw!

ALU
User

Re: TRON sequel rumors from the past...

on Thursday, October, 09, 2008 12:49 PM
mightyclaw Wrote:...

I'd like to ask anyone interested to share some of the sequel rumors that have made the rounds over the years. I'll start with two: they're both strictly from memory, and I'd appreciate any error correction more knowledgable Programs might have to offer.

1. I read in an old issue of Computers And Video Games (or a mag like it) long ago that shortly after TRON was released the script to a potential sequel arrived at the magazine editor's office. The title of the script was "Tron Invictus", and evidently it involved a plot which actually seems similar to the plot of , in that is made more powerful and given the task of safeguarding the entire system, but insideous forces strive to corrupt him and ultimately the good guys must convince Flynn to re-enter the digital world in order to set things right. The magazine story went on to say that the editors were very impressed with the story, but found out that neither Disney nor Steven Lisberger had nothing to do with it, and the author could never be found, and it remained a mystery to that day. I was very impressed with 's deeper philosophical and allegorical elements at that time, and the possible ramifications of using a latin word in the sequel title seemed very exciting to me. Anybody have any info about this, or did I hallucinate the whole thing?

Whaddayaknow! that'd have to have been my ex-primary.... i vaguely remember him tellin'me doin' somethin' like this once... although i think it was 4 that EGM zine... anyways, i thought of replying to this friendly program nobody payed attention to all this time... sorry thats the way iam... fortunately mightyclaw u know the news by now...

Program ALU (Asynchronous Loving Unit).

Yes... I can take you across the Sea of Love... But even if there were just one of you, I always think of you in the plural.

TRON.dll
User

Re: TRON sequel rumors from the past...

on Thursday, October, 09, 2008 4:27 PM
mightyclaw Wrote:Flynn had re-entered the digital world and was living in it full-time, directing into continuing it's meteoric rise to prominance in the business world, and behaving quite a bit like the old (Power corrupting even the most virtuous, I suppose.) I believe that Alan wound up being digitised and, teaming up with himself, went on an "Apocolypse Now"-style quest to find Flynn.

AHHHHHHHHHH! OLD THREAD!

I think someone actually suggested that exact same storyline in one of the TR2N threads. Who knows... where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY