Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
 Meet me on the game grid!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 70 PagesNextLast
TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Friday, May, 07, 2004 6:02 PM
I thought I'd start a thread devoted to when people might be on-line and on the game grid for some multi-player excitement with fellow TRON-Sector programs.

Hopefully, every time this thread gets bumped to the top - people will check out who's planning on rezzing in for some LIVE competition.

I guess I'll start...

I think I'll be on the grid sometime tonight... maybe around 7PM or so (give or take). I have some real-world tasks to attend to first, then I hope to see some of you for some LIGHT CYCLE action!

And if you don't show... well... then... HA! There'll just be THAT much more game grid for ME to enjoy... and I'm sure I'll find a way to crash in to my own trail anyway

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

Re: Meet me on the game grid!

on Friday, May, 07, 2004 7:13 PM
Grrrrrr!

I was afraid of this...

I won't be on the game grid at all tonight.

I can't properly connect because of my hardware firewall... and I'm not network-savvy enough to correct it

Ok well... I hope some of you meet in heated battle tonight. I'm sorry I'll miss all the action.

May the most optimized program win!
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

harpo989
User

on Friday, May, 07, 2004 11:06 PM
I'm here on the grid now! please, anyone who feels like a race, I'll be waitin'.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

------------
Harpo989: The original fConer. (Now with (0rr[up73d fruit flavoring!)

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, May, 08, 2004 12:28 AM

I'm usually on Friday and Saturday nights, around 12AM EST which would make it 9PM PST on the West coast. (Though this particular week I may not be playing much.)

I'd like to challenge you programs in Light Cycles, to see what you're made of. Hehehe.

BTW TheReelTodd, I just updated my FAQ a while back to help with settting up firewalls to play the game. The link to it is in my signature.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Saturday, May, 08, 2004 7:29 PM
redrain85 Wrote:BTW TheReelTodd, I just updated my FAQ a while back to help with setting up firewalls to play the game. The link to it is in my signature.

Thanks for the link!

I read through some of the firewall and router information, but I was unable to resolve the problem

I haven't downloaded the patch offered in the multi-player game - do you know if that is required?

Anyway, I'm going to try and correct the problem... but I'm hardly an expert in this area unfortunately.

I'm sure I'll get it figured out sooner or later... and when I do - I'll be rezzing in for some multi-player action - TRON-Sector style-e!

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, May, 10, 2004 3:34 PM

Oh yeah, you definitely need the patch. Or else you're not going to be able to play anyone. Your list of servers will come up blank when you try to join a game.
Should've asked if you patched the game, earlier.

See you on the grid this coming weekend, hopefully.

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Monday, May, 10, 2004 6:05 PM
redrain85 Wrote:

Oh yeah, you definitely need the patch. Or else you're not going to be able to play anyone. Your list of servers will come up blank when you try to join a game.
Should've asked if you patched the game, earlier.

See you on the grid this coming weekend, hopefully.

I was wondering about that...

Ok, reading the patch information - it makes it sound like I will loose my saved games if I install the patch because of compatibility:

From the patch page:

TRON 2.0 UPDATE v1.042I
DOWNLOAD: Update
This update (v1.042I) is an iterative update. You must have the v1.030 update installed. A cumulative update is also available below. If you are at all unsure about which version you are on, we suggest you download and install the cumulative update (v1.042C). PLEASE NOTE: Saved games generated from previous versions will not work after this update has been applied.

I’m still playing my way through the single player adventure part of the game and would really HATE to loose my saved game status! Is this what would happen if I install this patch OR is this referring to looking multi-player saved game information... if there is such a thing.

Thanks!
where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

harpo989
User

on Monday, May, 10, 2004 7:15 PM
it's referring to single player. the patch compatability issue is why I waited to beat the game before playing multiplayer, it's too bad, but I got a lot better at the game before I got online- so it really was a good thing for me.

too bad, eh?abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

------------

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, May, 10, 2004 11:19 PM

Oops. I forgot to add that fact in my reply. Don't apply the patch until you finish the single player game. Previous patches always had the same warning, but I found saved games would still work back then.

This time however, it's true. Old saved games won't work on v1.042.

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Saturday, May, 15, 2004 9:46 AM

I finished the game adventure!

I upgraded my version to the latest...

Now...

I've been playing internet game multi-player light cycles for about an hour!

I LOVE IT!

And...

I pretty much suck.

BUT, if you're awake yet - meet me on the game grid!

I forget which server I was playing - but look for me and you'll find me.

Of course, I'm "TheReelTodd" and been playing as blue.

Happy trails! (pun intended)

Hope to see you there!where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, May, 17, 2004 3:40 AM

Sorry I missed you, TheReelTodd . . . I did play Light Cycles on Friday night/early Saturday morning, but didn't see you. Probably didn't join the same server.

Also, I have been working on my custom Light Cycle map. It's more-or-less finished now, and will be going through a testing and feedback phase, I hope. So perhaps in a few days I'll polish it up and release it.

Hope to catch you and the other Tron-Sector members this coming weekend . . .

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Monday, May, 17, 2004 6:07 PM
redrain85 Wrote:

Sorry I missed you, TheReelTodd . . . I did play Light Cycles on Friday night/early Saturday morning, but didn't see you. Probably didn't join the same server.

Also, I have been working on my custom Light Cycle map. It's more-or-less finished now, and will be going through a testing and feedback phase, I hope. So perhaps in a few days I'll polish it up and release it.

Hope to catch you and the other Tron-Sector members this coming weekend . . .

Hey redrain85 - sorry I missed you on the grid!

Do you play as "redrain85" or "TRONfaq" or something? Just want to know ya if I see ya... so I can RAM YOU IN TO MY JET TRAIL

J/K - actually, I'd probably be eating YOUR jet trail, the way I play

Looking forward to your new custom Light Cycle Map - you'll have to post a link to so the all the local Sector programs can enjoy it!

Well, hope to see you on the game grid sometime. I may join a game or two briefly tonight...
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, May, 18, 2004 6:54 PM

I play as "tronfaq [LD]", the LD comes from the fact that I have joined the first and probably best Derez clan for .

I also happen to be pretty good at Light Cycles nowadays, so we shall see The ReelTood! Muahaha. LOL.

I will post a link to it, when my map is finished. Right now I'm asking a few people to test it out. You might see my server running with the beta version of the map.

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, May, 19, 2004 5:58 PM
redrain85 Wrote:I also happen to be pretty good at Light Cycles nowadays, so we shall see TheReelTood! Muahaha. LOL.

Well, I'm pretty good at crashing in to WALLS! Jet trails? Yeah - I hit them too, but WALLS and those annoying red not-there, then THERE blocks. And "phantom walls" - like when the game starts, I move ahead a few grid squares, NOTHING in my way BUT I just blow up for no reason at all - what's up with that?

I'm not very good, but I do enjoy playing on-line with REAL people. I hope we have a chance to match-up on the grid sometime soon I am amazed at the reflexes of some of the cycle warriors out there - I feel like an old, slow guy against some of them!

And - for anyone reading this post, MEET ME ON THE GAMEGRID!

I'll be on the light cycle grid for a half hour or so tonight... maybe longer if a fellow Sector Program shows up

Don't know which server I'll be on - you know the name to look for though.

harpo989
User

on Wednesday, May, 19, 2004 6:07 PM
if you have the time, that'd be cool... I'll be on tonight about 9:30 CST. (US) I'll try to be there!

------------

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, May, 19, 2004 7:53 PM
harpo989 Wrote:if you have the time, that'd be cool... I'll be on tonight about 9:30 CST. (US) I'll try to be there!

Actually, on weeknights, I probably wouldn't be on much later than 7:30PM or so Eastern Time. I'm in bed pretty early on weeknights. BUT I do hope to catch you on the game grid some time! Can't wait to rez in on the grid with some fellow TRON-Sector Programs!

I really need to update my cycle maps - I keep getting bumped when the grid changes because I don't have the right maps

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, May, 20, 2004 7:48 PM

TheReelTodd Wrote:Yeah - I hit them too, but WALLS and those annoying red not-there, then THERE blocks. And "phantom walls" - like when the game starts, I move ahead a few grid squares, NOTHING in my way BUT I just blow up for no reason at all - what's up with that?
Yes, those blocks drive me nuts. You can never be sure when they're going to pop up and . . . bam!

As for the "phantom walls", you could either be experiencing what most of us like to call a "blow up start", which I would say is a bug . . . or your ping is momentarily too high, so you can't see the positions of the other Light Cycles and their trails updating, before it's too late and you've crashed.

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Thursday, May, 20, 2004 7:59 PM
Mutoidman - AWESOME time on the grid tonight!

We made a hell of a team, eh?

We'll team up again soon, I hope.

AND I hope to see the rest of you soon - ON the grid!

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

MutoidMan
User

on Thursday, May, 20, 2004 11:24 PM
Heck yeah, we ROCKED man!

Hope to team up again soon!

BTW, I was just talking to some of the better players and they talked about how having a faster comp helps because higher framerates = better k/b response. So, to simulate getting a new comp (mine being of 1998 vintage; heavily upgraded but still three generations behind) I just turned all the graphical goodies off and reduced the screen size to 640x480 and got a big improvement in k/b response time. Give it a shot! Granted, the game doesn't look nearly as good but now I have a better shot at winning!

Oh yeah, and make darn sure you keep your firewall up and your antivirus running. I was alerted by Norton Internet Security while playing that a trojan on someone else's PC was trying to get to my PC.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Friday, May, 21, 2004 7:21 PM
MutoidMan Wrote:Heck yeah, we ROCKED man!

Hope to team up again soon!

BTW, I was just talking to some of the better players and they talked about how having a faster comp helps because higher framerates = better k/b response. So, to simulate getting a new comp (mine being of 1998 vintage; heavily upgraded but still three generations behind) I just turned all the graphical goodies off and reduced the screen size to 640x480 and got a big improvement in k/b response time. Give it a shot! Granted, the game doesn't look nearly as good but now I have a better shot at winning!

Oh yeah, and make darn sure you keep your firewall up and your antivirus running. I was alerted by Norton Internet Security while playing that a trojan on someone else's PC was trying to get to my PC.

I got my PC new in 2001 - with (then) top of the line components, it is quickly getting old though. But it does a decent job with TRON 2.0. I play at 800x600 with high detail and I get great frame rates, except for the more complex levels in the single-player adventure portion of the game. Light cycles always offers me great frame rates with high detail.

And about the "better players" - I feel so old when I go up against them. Their reflexes are really good... and I bet the better then are - the younger they are. They're probably the age now I was when I first saw TRON in '82! I wish there was a way to upgrade my reflexes! Oh well - I'm an old fart, and drive my cycle like one... BUT I still have a blast!

I've got my firewall and virus protection up to date. Nothing will protect against a determined hacker, but I don't keep anything sensitive on my PC anyway.

Well, I'm off to the game grid to enjoy a few micro-cycles on my light cycle!

Page: of 70 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Multiplayer