Meet me on the game grid!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 70 PagesNextLast
TRON.dll
User

RE: Meet me on the game grid!

on Saturday, January, 28, 2012 12:58 AM
Holy crap, I remember this thread.

I'll definitely have to get back into Tron 2.0 multiplayer sometime soon. Would anyone be interested in participating in a King of the Grid tournament over the summer?

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

trekking95
User

on Saturday, January, 28, 2012 1:30 AM
Me!! Me!! Oh wait, I don't have the game. *off to eBay to find it*
Is that game very good? Like is it lame or repetitive?abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Thanks to FlynnOne for the signature!

Save Tron 3!

TRON.dll
User

on Saturday, January, 28, 2012 8:11 AM
trekking95 Wrote:Me!! Me!! Oh wait, I don't have the game. *off to eBay to find it*
Is that game very good? Like is it lame or repetitive?

What? Tron 2.0?

While it's not canon, it's still really, really great. If you like Tron or just computers in general, you'll love it.

As far as gameplay goes, it's an early 2000's FPS with some minor RPG elements, like leveling up, collecting experience points, upgrading stats, applying perks. The game is very linear, though. You go from level to level and there's no branching story or anything.

The story is great, even if it's not canon. While Tron himself isn't in the story mode (for reasons explained in the story mode), it still manages to be an enjoyable story with great characters.

Multiplayer is a blast if you can find anyone playing online, which is sometimes difficult and sometimes easy.

FOR THE KERNEL!on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Daddyo
User

on Friday, May, 10, 2013 9:58 PM
Anyone up for some 2.0 action? I'll be around if your up for it this weekend.

tron_man_63304
User

on Sunday, July, 28, 2013 10:46 PM
Going to be on the LDSO.net KAMod/DA/Custom Server for a while if anyone cares to join me.

Back by Unpopular Demand.

Inode
User

on Thursday, August, 01, 2013 12:23 PM
Man, people still play this game? Impressive.
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

--
Inode 2.0
Future Control Industries
Toronto, Canada

Cyberwolven
User

on Friday, August, 02, 2013 6:42 PM
tron_man_63304 Wrote:Going to be on the LDSO.net KAMod/DA/Custom Server for a while if anyone cares to join me.

Aw, Dang. I went online that night and didn't see any servers. I'm going to be online this weekend, so maybe I'll get lucky.

Inode Wrote:Man, people still play this game? Impressive.

Yeah, it's great that people still play and make maps for Tron 2.0. The only problem is the availability of servers. I want to set up a server to host games one day when I save up money and finally get some free time.

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, August, 02, 2013 7:03 PM

Cyberwolven Wrote:I went online that night and didn't see any servers. I'm going to be online this weekend, so maybe I'll get lucky.

Hmm, it sounds like you may not have the Multiplayer Fix. Servers were running that evening. In fact, someone has servers running 24/7 at the moment.

If you don't have the fix, you won't see any servers. GameSpy stopped supporting Tron 2.0 and a lot of other games last year. Servers don't show up in the game's own Join Internet Game screen any more.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Cyberwolven
User

on Friday, August, 02, 2013 9:07 PM
Well, that explains a lot! I've installed it and I can now join games. It's a little different from what I'm used to, but it's better than not playing at all.

Thanks for the help. I hope to be duking it out this weekend!

tron_man_63304
User

on Friday, August, 02, 2013 11:55 PM
In game on my server as found here: http://tron-servers.net/ will be on for several hours hopefullyabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Back by Unpopular Demand.

Cyberwolven
User

on Sunday, August, 04, 2013 12:03 AM
There's a few players online (Tronman and Brent) right now if anyone else wants to join the party.

For some reason I'm stuck on loading when trying to connect to Tron_man's DA. I can connect fine to the others. I'll keep trying to see if I can join in.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

CUPRO
User

on Sunday, October, 20, 2013 9:14 AM
I'm at the Deathmatch Retail now, if anyone wants to join me.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Hello! I'm CUPRO! (pronounced KOO-proh) Nice to meet you. I like video games, TRON (of course ), and my User, Golden Engi. You can find my user's Steam account at the link below.

TRON 2.0 name: CUPRO.bat
Steam name: Golden Engi
http://steamcommunity.com/id/engiofgold

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, June, 18, 2014 11:32 PM

Are you guys up for some TRON 2.0 multiplayer this weekend? Want to be featured (well, your online alias) in a video that a YouTuber is making, covering the game as part of a retrospective series?

If yes, then stay tuned for another update as the video maker and myself work out exactly when it will take place. It's almost definitely going to be this weekend, likely on Saturday evening (June 21).

The Killer App Mod and custom fan-made maps will almost certainly be in use, so be prepared for that.

I'll provide the exact date and time once it's all finalized. I'll also provide the necessary instructions for you to get things up and running, in time for the meet-up.

deeahchur
User

on Thursday, June, 19, 2014 7:21 PM
I'm game. 20:00 or so EST will be good for me.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

/ / S C A N N I N G
/ / Incompatable Program detected
/ / Initiate Yggdrassil Conscription Potocol
"Appropriation is the highest form of appreciation."

ShadowSpark
User

on Thursday, June, 19, 2014 10:54 PM
I'm up for it, I think. I'll try, in any case.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, June, 20, 2014 11:08 PM

So it looks like the TRON 2.0 multiplayer get together will start at 8PM Eastern Time (5PM Pacific) tomorrow. (Saturday, June 21.) If for any reason there's a change in plans, I'll let you know here.

During the event, Parallax Abstraction will be recording all the multiplayer matches, which will be featured in video(s) that are part of a retrospective series of TRON 2.0 he's been doing on his YouTube channel at:

http://www.youtube.com/user/PXAbstraction

PXA has played TRON 2.0 multiplayer before, and bought the game at launch. His favorite game type is Light Cycles, so we'll probably be starting with that. But he's agreed to cover all the game types, so Disc Arena and Derez modes should also be covered.

To make it easier for him to record everything, I've changed up the way I normally run the servers. Instead of 6 servers, there are only 3 this weekend. Normally, I keep the Retail and Custom maps on separate servers for each game type. (LC/Retail, LC/Custom, DA/Retail, DA/Custom, DM/Retail, DM/Custom.) I normally do it that way so people without Custom fan-made maps can still play on the Retail servers, and won't get kicked off when a map loads that they don't have.

This time, the Retail and Custom maps will be mixed together. So, to keep from being kicked off, you'll need to download the Complete Map Pack with all the custom fan-made maps.

Here's how to prepare for the event, and get everything you need up and running, in order to play.

1. Install TRON 2.0 if you haven't already.

2. Install the Unofficial Patch.

http://tronfaq.blogspot.com/2006/02/all-tron-20-files-in-one-place.html#unofficialpatch

3. Watch this video, and set the game to run with Administrator privileges, the way it shows how to, on Windows Vista/7/8.

4. Run the game. If you just installed TRON 2.0, this is also a test to see that it's working correctly. You can play a bit of the game if you want to test it. But if you didn't just install the game, you can quit the game right away from the main menu.

5. Install the Killer App Mod, because we'll be using it.

http://tronfaq.blogspot.com/2006/02/all-tron-20-files-in-one-place.html#killerappmod

6. Install the Complete Map Pack, with all the fan-made maps.

http://tronfaq.blogspot.com/2006/02/all-tron-20-files-in-one-place.html#completemaps

7. Run the game again. Don't use the Mod Manager. Use the original Tron 2.0 icon to run the game's own launcher. This is to test if the Killer App Mod is working correctly. You'll know right away if it's working, because there are changes to the main menu. This is also necessary to get the game to recognize that the new maps are installed. Quit the game.

If you have any problems with the mod, you can find help here:

http://tronfaq.blogspot.com/2010/11/tron-20-killer-app-mod-help-and.html

8. Install the Multiplayer Fix:

http://tronfaq.blogspot.com/2006/02/all-tron-20-files-in-one-place.html#multifix

All the downloads have 2 links. Mirror 1 and Mirror 2 both have the same file for each download. There are two Mirrors so that one of them acts as a backup if the other download isn't working at that moment.

When you install the Fix and it asks if you want to automatically configure Qtracker, say Yes. This process will take at least a couple of minutes on a modern computer, so please be patient. The installer has not crashed, it just takes a while.

There's also a video that shows how to install and use the Fix:

After all that, you should be set. I realize that's a lot of steps to go through, to get it all working. This is something that's being addressed in v1.2 of the Killer App Mod. A lot of the additional add-ons and extra steps will be handled automatically in the next version of the mod.

So once everything is installed and working, the easiest way to find and join the servers is to click the icon on your desktop (or in the Start menu) called "TRON 2.0 Server List by tron-servers.net". This will open your web browser and take you to a page that lists TRON 2.0 servers.

Now, you just click on the LDSO server that you want to join. Your browser will probably ask your permission to allow Qtracker to run. Once you give permission: Qtracker will load, then launch TRON 2.0 and connect to that server.

You guys might want to already do all this stuff tonight, or tomorrow afternoon, in case you run into any trouble getting things to work. So that you can ask for help before the event starts.

See you all on the Grid!

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

ShadowSpark
User

on Saturday, June, 21, 2014 9:35 PM
I couldn't install the fix. I got this when I clicked on both mirrors.

I guess I'll have to play next time. Oh well. The rest of you have fun.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, June, 27, 2014 2:16 AM

Yeah, sorry about that. Shortly before the get together, our site host decided to make some changes without informing us. This broke the forum and wiki. A lot of the TRON 2.0 files are hosted on the wiki. Still, one of the mirror links for the Fix should have worked. It's hosted on a site completely separate from the wiki. Oh well. Site's been fixed now, at any rate.

The multiplayer turnout wasn't too bad, last Saturday. Guess you could call it a mild success. We'll all get together and do this again in the weeks ahead, I hope.

During the matches, I was interviewed by someone who recorded footage of everything. He'll be posting videos, shortly. We went over the history of TRON 2.0, the community, modding, etc. I'm sure some folks will probably find the interview interesting.

BTW, you might want to check out this message post. Because in the not-too-distant future, it looks like the Multiplayer Fix won't be needed any more.

Cyberwolven
User

on Saturday, June, 28, 2014 12:03 PM
Hey, programs!

I'm going to be on the game grid tonight between 10pm-12am Pacific time. I've been busy lately and want to spend some free time having fun.

If my timing goes right on Sunday, I'll also be on for a little bit tomorrow.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, June, 29, 2014 12:51 PM

Cyberwolven Wrote:I'm going to be on the game grid tonight between 10pm-12am Pacific time.

Ah, shucks. I'm on the east coast, so that was a bit late for me. But next time (as long as it's on a weekend) I'll make an effort to be there, staying up a bit later than usual.

FirstPrevious Page: of 70 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
 Meet me on the game grid!