General Discussion 
 Another dose of TRON!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 26 PagesNextLast
Joo
User

Re: Another dose of TRON!

on Saturday, March, 29, 2008 8:43 PM
I have transcoded the movie to an optimized resolution to watch it on my Palm handheld (Tungsten T5 with TCPMP - it still rocks!). It is so cool to watch the light cycle sequence over and over again while sitting in a subway train...

data_ghost
User

on Sunday, March, 30, 2008 6:50 AM
PING! aaaah another look at the lightcycle chase... looks even better on my pc

My humble little internet slice. Visit, read, comment, and laugh (with, not at I hope...)

Jeric Hikari
User

on Monday, March, 31, 2008 8:22 AM
PONG!

Youtube remix trailor(which, to be honest, is a damned sight more impressive than the official one).

Cheapie TheatreGot five minutes to kill? Want to read a story? Here ya go.

Cam_the_Man
User

on Monday, March, 31, 2008 4:27 PM

PINGx??
Been watching it at random times on my iPod Nano (new one) It may be a two-inch screen, but if you hold it close enough, it resembles a 32 inch! Oh, and lets just say I figured out a way to get the movie off of the DVD *ahem* through means that are not officially supported by the law.
(All your movie are belong to us)where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

In the midst of Team Fortress 2:
TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"
Cam_the_Man: "No! Not all of Dallas!"

foilism
User

on Tuesday, May, 20, 2008 6:20 PM
PING!
PING!

twice in a row. not too shabby. i got all the lines down now.... woops, is that a good thing? lol

prankster, u fancy doing that tron/beer night?

Cam_the_Man
User

on Tuesday, May, 20, 2008 6:55 PM

TRON + Beer= You cutting off people on a motorcycle while throwing frisbees.
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"

Droxbann
User

on Saturday, May, 31, 2008 6:20 AM
PING!

I'm dead tired, having not slept yet, so I'll derez with a bang, and pop in it. order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Droxbann
User

on Tuesday, June, 03, 2008 12:17 AM
PING!

Watching it again tonight! Man, it just never gets old for me, no matter how often I seem to watch it. order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Mitch
User

on Monday, July, 07, 2008 2:46 PM
Tbh, you guys may kill me btw, but i havent seen Tron since like February of 2007. I stilll love that film and kicks ass. im currently waitin for a sequelorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Monday, July, 07, 2008 5:32 PM
Mitch Wrote:Tbh, you guys may kill me btw, but i havent seen Tron since like February of 2007. I stilll love that film and kicks ass. im currently waitin for a sequel

Ooooooo!

Just wait 'till the tower guardian hears about this!

Hurry - pop in the DVD and watch it before word gets out.

We're all curious about the sequel (mainly if it will make it to completion), but in the meantime, I bet you get a charge out of the original if you see it again! It always leaves me in a really creative mood after I watch.

order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Traahn
User

on Monday, July, 07, 2008 10:04 PM
PING! PING! PING!
I've definitely watched it a few times since my last post. By a "few," I mean probably five "full" viewings and countless partial viewings... a few dozen?

Edit: I just looked back and noticed it was September of last year when I last posted a PING! here. Knowing it's been that long, I think I've probably had 7 or 8 full viewings; not 5. One of the viewings was in a movie theater in February '08. Was awesome!

TheReelTodd, you should watch it again tomorrow night after work.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, July, 08, 2008 5:49 PM
Traahn Wrote:...One of the viewings was in a movie theater in February '08. Was awesome!

I'm pretty jelous of people who've gotten to see it back on the big screen. I only got to see it on the big screen once - in 1982. I'd love to see it on the big screen as an adule.

Why after work?

I don't know why, but that just struck me as funny. My mind kind took it as "Watch it after work. It's a whole lot better to watch it aaaaf-ter work. There's more magic in it aaaaf-terrrrrr work. Ohh - yeaaaaaah!" Ok, I'm just a weird-o. No news there.

Never much time to do anything after work on work days. Everything has to be squished in to my ever-shrinking free time. I'd rather enjoy TRON when there's a little more time for me-things and I don't feel rushed to fit it in. I'm due for a watching. I've been asking the wife if she'd watch it with me for the past few weeks believe it or not. She's kind of tired of it though. She's watched it with me enough to quote the film at times. I can quote it at any point, but when she can quote a film, she's more than had her fill. Oh well. She's just not the TRON-nerd that I am.

abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

TRON.dll
User

on Tuesday, July, 08, 2008 5:58 PM
Joo Wrote:I have transcoded the movie to an optimized resolution to watch it on my Palm handheld (Tungsten T5 with TCPMP - it still rocks!). It is so cool to watch the light cycle sequence over and over again while sitting in a subway train...

Lol, that's awesome. How did you get it on your Palm though? TCPMP doesn't like .mov files, so I'm kinda curious how you got it to work..

I'm gonna watch tonight and take notes while I'm at it. It's part of a big Tron-related game I'm gonna make. More details come E3, lol.

Btw, that's July 14, just so you know.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Traahn
User

on Thursday, July, 10, 2008 12:05 AM
TheReelTodd Wrote:
Traahn Wrote:...One of the viewings was in a movie theater in February '08. Was awesome!
I'm pretty jelous of people who've gotten to see it back on the big screen. I only got to see it on the big screen once - in 1982. I'd love to see it on the big screen as an adule.

Why after work?

I don't know why, but that just struck me as funny. My mind kind took it as "Watch it after work. It's a whole lot better to watch it aaaaf-ter work. There's more magic in it aaaaf-terrrrrr work. Ohh - yeaaaaaah!" Ok, I'm just a weird-o. No news there.
Well, I just figured, "There's no time like the present" to watch , and I didn't think you'd be able to watch it at work, so I took the first closest time at which I thought you'd be able to see it... which happened to be "after work" the next day! (since it was already late in the day when I posted). Ha. ... and now you know... the rest of the story... good day!"
Oh, and I was trying to get you to PING! in this thread. You visited this thread, and posted in it... but no PING!!!!. I was trying to encourage you to fix that!

Yeah, I think I should start watching Tron while at work. Heh. That'd be nice. Might make it easier to get through my work days!! A nice break from the insanity.

As for watching it in the theater... it was amazing. The audio was awesome and the film looked great! What an awesome experience. I'm sorry that you haven't had a chance to see it in the theater since 1982. I've luckily had the opportunity to see it three times in theaters. Once in 1982 where I don't remember much -- I think I fell asleep or was sick; or both. OMG if I could go back and re-live that day, knowing how much means to me now! I'd fix a few things... like... REMEMBER IT! All I remember is the glowing red helicopter. How sad is that??????? Fortunately, VHS and VCRs came out and I was able to watch it like 5 times at school slumber parties by 1984 or 1985. (Hmm, I wonder when it first came out on VHS?). At any rate, the other two times in theaters were recent. About 4 or 5 years ago... and then earlier this year. I wish Sci-Fi Channel would hurry up and play it on TV!!! It's been too long. It's a nice experience to see it on broadcast television for some reason. Yes, I know, commercial-less BBC, SKY or whatever would be even better... but I have to settle for what I can get here. Heh. And that means commercial-laden Sci-Fi Channel. Either way, DaveTRON once agreed with me that there's just something different, unique and awesome about seeing Tron televised. I'm not saying it's better than any of the other ways we can see , but it's got it's own unique vibe about it. Yep yep.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

RenegadeProgram
User

on Friday, July, 11, 2008 12:40 PM
TheReelTodd Wrote:PING!

Ahhhhhh - nuthin' like kicking back and watching my favorite film again -

This thread is dedicated to TRON viewings. I actually haven't watched it in a few months myself. It felt good to watch it again tonight - LOVE this film!

I turn in to an 11 year old from 1982 again, EVERY time I watch it!

The story and concept still excite me.

The visuals are still amazing, beautiful and impressive as ever!

And of course, I STILL wish I could be digitized in to the computer myself!

My favorite scene was, as a kid, and is still the light cycle sequence - from the light cycle game grid to the chase by recognizers and tanks. In fact - I think I'm going to hit the game grid myself in after posting this - I could use some light cycle action!

Whenever YOU kick back with some of Allan's popcorn and view - make a post here and start it with a PING to let everyone know. Be honest now - don't ping in unless you've actually watched it again

Non-viewing posts and comments are more than welcome too. Just don't ping in the beginning of the post.

I think it will be interesting to see how often the TRON-Sector programs watch the film.

I concur with much of what you said. I have been re-watching TRON on my 20th Anniversary Special Edition DVD the past couple days, and like you, I turn back into an awestruck, mesmerized 9-year old (like I was when TRON originally came out).

However, since I'm now 34, I also watch it with a much more comprehensive appreciation: not just for the visuals and efx, but also for the metaphorical, symbolic, and timeless filmic elements of this movie. I tell you - this film is eerily prophetic, in my opinion, to what has happened in the last 26 years, and to what is to come.

I've got to again thank Stephen Lisberger, Bonnie MacBird and all the other TRON film people who helped wow me 26 years ago and who continue to wow me to this day and for all the rest of my days. End of line.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Sunday, July, 13, 2008 4:02 PM
PING!

Oh YEAH, baby!

Got me a good, and way overdue, dose of my favorite film last night.

As an added bonus - the wife actually watched it with me! That's kind of a rare thing for me these days. She doesn't dislike TRON or anything, but she's not quite as enthusiastic about it as I am. Poor, poor gal - she married the biggest nerd this side of the Sea of Simulation.

As usual, I was flooded with creative ideas as a result of watching the film, and also had the longing to make a TRON-based fan film or short production of some kind. That won't be happening any time soon, but I love when a film has that kind of affect on me. Very few do.

I like to PING!
It makes me wanna sing!
Don't want nuthin' else on
When it's time to watch TRON
I got flooded with kisses
When I watched it with the Mrs.
And that might explain
This silly-do refrain...

Ok, 'nuff of that. I'm in a weird mood right now and I like it.

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

RenegadeProgram
User

on Monday, July, 14, 2008 9:12 AM
Oh YEAH, baby!. . .Got me a good, and way overdue, dose of my favorite film last night. . . .

How ironic! I just finished another dose yesterday afternoon- and I spent what felt like hours going through ALL the supplemental stuff on the 2nd DVD. I too, have a dream to make either a fanfic or fanfilm, but currently don't have the time to do so (Fatherhood, or more accurately, my almost-2-year old Daughter is my biggest production right now).

I hope Lisberger is still going ahead with a sequel and I hope it is done right. Kinda sad that Barnard Hughes passed away - he's one of my favorite characters, and it's also kinda sad that David Warner hates TRON. 2010 may be a good film year, knock on wood.

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

TRON.dll
User

on Monday, July, 14, 2008 10:30 AM
RenegadeProgram Wrote:2010 may be a good film year, knock on wood.

Hopefully just as good as 2008 is!

Seriously, this year is awesome and I think we should all remember it for that. So many great movies, games, and announcements! Lets hope every year will be like 2008 in the movie/gaming industry!

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Cam_the_Man
User

on Monday, July, 14, 2008 12:22 PM

I can't believe I forgot...
PING!!
I watched TRON on it's anniversary
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Cam_the_Man
User

on Monday, July, 14, 2008 12:22 PM

I can't believe I forgot...
PING!!
I watched TRON on it's anniversary
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

FirstPrevious Page: of 26 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Another dose of TRON!