Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 Making Datawraith available in multiplayer?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
Silver-Streak
User

on Friday, July, 30, 2004 1:42 AM
Hello all,
Long time since I last posted here. Been playing 2.0 recently, and it hit me that there still isn't a data wraith model for multiplayer. I'm a bit confused, as the model is built into the game already, so there'd technically be no new modelling involved at all. Just maybe changing some file names around or something. Anyone with any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Update:
Did some digging around. and apparently the data wraith model for multiplayer EXISTS in game.rez, look in the chars/models/multi folder, and you'll see the DW_Multi. I just can't figure out how to make it selectable in Player setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Silver-Streak

Riley Pizt
User

Re: Making Datawraith available in multiplayer?

on Friday, July, 30, 2004 5:51 PM
Silver-Streak Wrote:Update:
Did some digging around. and apparently the data wraith model for multiplayer EXISTS in game.rez, look in the chars/models/multi folder, and you'll see the DW_Multi. I just can't figure out how to make it selectable in Player setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
That Datawraith model is based on the "real world" Datawraith not the one you see in the game in single-player. There are some problems with it though which is why it isn't enabled. First, Monolith apparently didn't quite finish that model which is why it is not selectable. There are some alignment problems with how it holds the weapons, and it is also a little bigger than the other multiplayer models so collision detection with it is a little off due to its larger height. There are also no team skins for it. Although I managed to overcome all of these problems for this model, the main problem with releasing it is that it modifies the game so that you can no longer join a standard server and play using it.

So, the bottom line is there is no way to use that model in multiplayer unless you want to make a mod. Then everyone you play with must also be using that mod including the server.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Silver-Streak
User

on Friday, July, 30, 2004 10:06 PM
Hrm...So, is there anyway to convert the non real world Datawraith model to Multiplayer? I understand about the mod deal, atleast. If I could mod, I would. (And I bet a bunch of people would play with Data Wraith models, too. :P)
Grah. Well, any help is appreciated.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, July, 30, 2004 11:56 PM

I discovered that model a while back, and tried to get it to work. No go. Heh. I guess editing the MODELBUTES.TXT file wasn't enough.

Converting a Single Player model to Multiplayer . . . next to impossible. My advice: forget it. Sorry, but it's extremely difficult and not worth the frustration.

Here's hoping another update is released for the PC version of the game some day, that adds that model to Multiplayer (along with others).

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

KiaPurity
User

on Saturday, July, 31, 2004 12:37 AM
*puppy eyes at BVI so Silver won't have to*

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Riley Pizt
User

on Saturday, July, 31, 2004 11:05 PM
Silver-Streak Wrote:Hrm...So, is there anyway to convert the non real world Datawraith model to Multiplayer?
It is technically possible, but since so many compatible animations for this model are missing for multiplayer (and since the ones it does have like jumping don't work quite right when substituted), a lot of new animations would have to be created to make it work properly. That is an awful lot of work for what I see as very little gain because the multiplayer game will still play the same regardless of the character used. There are no unique moves, skills, or voices to any of the Tron multiplayer characters, and without that there is no compelling reason to make and convince people to use such a mod.

And I bet a bunch of people would play with Data Wraith models, too. :P)
The problem is that they and the servers would have to use it for the mod to be useful. And, I doubt that would happen if all the mod has were the extra characters and no real compelling features to force or entice people to use it.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Traahn
User

on Saturday, August, 14, 2004 7:38 PM
Having DataWraiths available would be cool! I think the MP experience should be vastly expanded upon. Have different character classes: e.g., soldiers, lookouts, medics, etc. If I were to choose to be "Bit" or "Byte" for instance, have me be a lookout/sentry type... or something. I think it'd be cool to fly around like Bit/Byte.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

harpo989
User

on Saturday, August, 14, 2004 7:55 PM
Do I really need to comment on how much I would like to have Datawraiths in multiplayer?

Hmm. Traahn has an idea... all I can think of is: 'EXPANSION PACK!!!!!'
yup. that's my two cents.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

------------
Harpo989: The original fConer. (Now with (0rr[up73d fruit flavoring!)

Traahn
User

on Saturday, August, 14, 2004 10:37 PM
I can tell by the neon purple color your face wears that you'd love nothing more than to be a DataWraith Hope it gets to happen some day!!

And yes! Expansion pack would be most EXCELLENT!

harpo989
User

on Sunday, August, 15, 2004 12:36 AM
Yeah, It'd be awasome to be a Datawraith!
ooh. you meant in the game... yeah, I'd love that.

------------
Harpo989: The original fConer. (Now with (0rr[up73d fruit flavoring!)

Traahn
User

on Sunday, August, 15, 2004 12:52 AM
Hehehe, good point Thanks for clarifying... yeah, I meant the game. But heck, if you wanna be a DataWraith in real life, too, then have at it! Good luck with that where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, August, 15, 2004 1:25 PM

Okay, I figured out what I did wrong last time. Got that DataWraith model to work in multiplayer.

However, everything Riley said is true. It's obvious Touchdown tried to put this in the Derez update, but didn't manage to finish it in time for release. There are many problems with the model. Not to mention it's based on the real world DataWraiths seen in the cutscenes, not on the single player DataWraiths seen in the game (that glow). Getting the single player version in multiplayer is next to impossible.

The following are screenshots of the results. This was a quick hack I threw together. The text for the model name is something I pulled out of the game, and there are no different team colors for the model . . . it always looks purple.

DataWraith on player selection screen
DataWraith with Disc
DataWraith with Suffusion
DataWraith with LOL
DataWrath with Mesh Blaster

Notice the clipping problems with the Suffusion and LOL. Also, the Blaster is missing.

The thing is, again, this is a Mod . . . so unless other people have the same mod, they won't see you as a DataWraith. Which makes this all pretty pointless.

KiaPurity
User

on Sunday, August, 15, 2004 2:28 PM
Huh. o_O Wow, you actually got it to work?

I'll bug Silver to check this thread. XPorder abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Traahn
User

on Sunday, August, 15, 2004 9:49 PM
Wow, that looks pretty cool! Good job! Too bad it's a mod and not part of the actual release or expansion levels.

Silver-Streak
User

on Sunday, August, 15, 2004 10:50 PM
Wow,
Thanks for all the replies. Its great to see I'm not the only person whom wants to play as a Data Wraith. as for the actual mod, that's great too. I wonder just how impossible it would be to get the in-computer data wraith to work. Oh well, that's still a great achievement. I'm hoping that they release an update for 2.0 when the X-box version comes out, considering they have that new game mode that comes with it. Perhaps it'll add this and/or the in-computer DW as well.

I can hope, can't I? :P
Silver-Streak
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Traahn
User

on Sunday, August, 15, 2004 11:20 PM
Yes, you certainly can hope. I hope too!! If they make an XBox version without retro-updating the PC version, I'll be bummed.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Riley Pizt
User

It's not only possible, it's been done!

on Saturday, August, 21, 2004 5:56 PM
redrain85 Wrote:Getting the single player version in multiplayer is next to impossible.
Not anymore! It was hard as hell to do, but observe.

Datawraith on Player Setup screen
Datawraith running in derez game
I didn't like the way the XBOX version looked in the one screenshot on IGN.com so I decided to give it another try and take a different approach. And, it worked completely. I still have to fix how the model holds the weapons since it is off, and to make some team skins for it, but otherwise this model is fully multiplayer compatible and functional.

Omega.User
User

on Saturday, August, 21, 2004 6:34 PM
NO WAY!

AWSOME!

When you are done do we need to download a new file to get it in the game?

-----------------------------------------------------
"Alan one computed that a User would be five hundred twenty-six times more powerful operating within the system than from without." -Ma3a

Riley Pizt
User

on Saturday, August, 21, 2004 6:49 PM
Omega.User Wrote:When you are done do we need to download a new file to get it in the game?
Yes, you would. I am going to wait on releasing anything at least until the XBOX version of the game is released in two months because I want to see what is in it and if I can make use of it. Because the PC version of the game handles extra characters as a mod, I don't want to release more than one version of a character mod because that would just fragment the online playing community.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, August, 21, 2004 7:11 PM

Riley Pizt Wrote:
Not anymore! It was hard as hell to do, but observe.
Wow, congrats Riley! That must've been a real pain in the ass to do. Did you have to hex edit the .LTB model?

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels