TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 Hish Scores

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 5 PagesNextLast
Will D
User

Hish Scores

on Thursday, December, 16, 2004 11:34 AM
What are y'alls high scores on the game (Tron Arcade) and does the recognizer switch off with the tank every other level starting with it's first appearance?order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

DaveTRON
User

Re: Hish Scores

on Thursday, December, 16, 2004 12:25 PM
If you set TRON to it's lowest settings (easiest), the Recos will show up in the fifth level. I personally find that even though they are faster and harder to evade if they get too close, the Recos are fairly easy to defeat long range. I prefer the tanks.

I can still play pretty well and I can get through about 8 levels of the game in one sitting. I like to practice by setting mine for the higher levels and learning their quirks.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON

Will D
User

on Thursday, December, 16, 2004 12:31 PM
Where do you set this?

DaveTRON
User

on Thursday, December, 16, 2004 2:41 PM
Open the coin door, put the switch over to the maintenance mode and restart the machine. Change the settings via the menu, then switch back to Play mode to use the new settings.

Don't know how you do that in an emulator if that's how you are playing. I actually own the arcade machines for TRON and EDOT.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

DaveTRON

Will D
User

on Thursday, December, 16, 2004 3:14 PM
I bought it two weeks ago so I'll try it out (but later 'cause I don't want to reset my scores).

From reading old posts, wasn't someone going to post pics of the front screen for Tron showing how discs of Tron was supposed to be in the original game? Also, were there going to be 5 games or was one of them then not going to be there?

DaveTRON
User

on Thursday, December, 16, 2004 3:51 PM
The mythos of the game was that the original had five games planned and tha the discs game was incomplete when they were ready to ship. They apparently decided to ship without the discs game and when the TRON arcade machine became a hit, they took the unfinished code and created Discs of TRON.

I have pics of the supposed prototype machine showing an early version of DOT, but I have never seen definitive proof outside of those images. I'll try to remember to post them later.

If you look in the galleries I also have a pic of the prototype TRON unit before it was redesigned into what we know and love.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON

Compucore
User

on Thursday, December, 16, 2004 4:20 PM
I wouldn't mind picking up a version of the tronarcade game.But these days its hard to find even on. Although ebay may have them from time to time. But they are usually expensive there when bidding on them.

Last time I remember scoring way back when I was playing one was something like 40-50 thousand on one. But it was so long time ago on a tron machine in another city close by to me.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

DaveTRON
User

on Thursday, December, 16, 2004 4:23 PM
Karl,

The last two or three on Ebay have gone for between $500 and $1000 which is a decent price range for a TRON unit. I believe there are two up right now.

DaveTRON

Compucore
User

on Thursday, December, 16, 2004 4:50 PM
I had seen them. Its not bad price in US funds. Its just the conversion going from American dollars to Canadian dollar. And of course the transport. Right now I'm strapped for cash at the moment. And when I get my raise over here. I'll take a look into trying to get one through ebay. So for right now. Its on hold for me.

DaveTRON Wrote:Karl,

The last two or three on Ebay have gone for between $500 and $1000 which is a decent price range for a TRON unit. I believe there are two up right now.
order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Will D
User

on Friday, December, 17, 2004 10:47 PM
I made it to Assembly tonight. It seems to not get much harder but I lose lives in the easy rounds when I shouldn't.

Will D
User

on Thursday, December, 23, 2004 3:35 AM
Got to OS level tonight, 143876 for high score

dctron
User

on Thursday, December, 23, 2004 1:01 PM
My high score is about 4 million.
I plan to go to Disneyquest to set the high score once I get used to playing again.
I just recently got my stand up arcade machine, so I'm practicing.

Tron WR 14,007,645

DaveTRON
User

on Thursday, December, 23, 2004 3:41 PM
I'll believe it when I see photographic evidence.

As I recall, the champ for the Bally tournament had a combined total of just over 3 million points over three separate games.

4 million seems a bit farfetched to me. I would love to see you prove it though, it would be cool to know someone who could get that far.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

DaveTRON

Compucore
User

on Thursday, December, 23, 2004 3:51 PM
Hey Dave I was just wondering there when you go higher and higher within the game of the orignal tron The arcade game. I think its is the level of OS right. And that's the maximum for that there then the levels repeat themselves there squentually right. Going back to the very beginning as if you had just plunked in your first quater into the machine right.

DaveTRON Wrote:I'll believe it when I see photographic evidence.

As I recall, the champ for the Bally tournament had a combined total of just over 3 million points over three separate games.

4 million seems a bit farfetched to me. I would love to see you prove it though, it would be cool to know someone who could get that far.
abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

dctron
User

on Friday, December, 24, 2004 11:03 AM
It took me over 6 hours to get that score. I only lost because I got tired.

I am practicing so I can go to disneyquest and then you can have your proof.

Not sure if I can last that long, but if I can remember all my old patterns, then I will be able to do it.

I wish that I have been able to go to that first tournament.

I've played quite a few people at arcades and nobody had ever come close to the ease at which my patterns worked.
(Light cycles)

I can understand the disbelief, but I fully intend to back up my claim.

After all, I've been waiting over 20 years for this opportunity.

I'll let you know when I am ready to attempt this again.

Tron WR 14,007,645

DaveTRON
User

on Friday, December, 24, 2004 11:18 AM
The levels in order are:

RPG
COBOL
BASIC
FORTRAN
SNOBOL
PL1
PASCAL
ALGOL
ASSEMBLY
OS
JCL
USER

They continue to repeat and increase in difficulty as you go through them. So the second round on RPG is harder than the first USER level. Hope that answers your questions Karl.

I found this info over on Guy Gordon's old TRON page, and it confirms my suspicion that somebody (dctron) on this thread isn't being entirely honest about their playing.

To my knowledge, nobody has ever hit a score of 4 million points in a single game. You'd have to play for days at a time, and there is no pausing in TRON. I don't think it is possible, and I will not believe it without video proof of the entire game.

The best player in the world scored as follows:

These are scanned pages from Joystik Magazine's January 1983 issue. This is Richard Ross' strategy. He won the Tron contest (July 6-7 1982) with a total of 3,958,901 points over three games.

I believe Will D has been hitting the levels he's described, because depending on how the machine is set you can reach some of them more easily and they appear in different orders. His score is also consistent with what I see when I play my machine.

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON

DaveTRON
User

on Friday, December, 24, 2004 11:25 AM
Oh yeah, here are some strategies to help people's playing:

http://www.csh.rit.edu/~jerry/arcade/tron/tron.txtabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

DaveTRON

Compucore
User

on Friday, December, 24, 2004 11:26 AM
Yeah that answers my qustion. I wasn't too sure entirely on how it went. if it got harder or stayed the same after completing it until user and then after that if it stayed the same or change differently afterwards.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

DaveTRON
User

on Friday, December, 24, 2004 11:47 AM
dctron,

Prove it on video and I will eat my words gladly and apologize to you. Until then, I believe you have told a whopper and are not willing to fess up.

I am a damn good player on TRON, and my best score ever is only in the high 100Ks or low 200Ks.

I have a video setup and a TRON machine here in California where I'd be happy to host the event. You say the word and we can prove it and I can apologize in person even.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON

dctron
User

on Friday, December, 24, 2004 8:03 PM
DaveTRON,

I am still practicing to try to get my old patterns back, but if it makes you feel any better, I'll send some pictures as I reach certain milestones, such as 500k and 1 million.

I am not out to make you eat your words and it's ok for everyone to disbelieve.

I would too, if I didn't do it.

Give me a little time, and I'll get to a million.

After that, I might be ready for the record.

Also, it took about 6 hours to get to 4 million.

Since the later levels are harder, you can get a lot of points in the grid bug levels if you just keep shooting.

So, I hope you are hungry.

I just look forward to getting my past glory back.

Tron WR 14,007,645

Page: of 5 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 Hish Scores