Hish Scores

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 5 PagesNextLast
dctron
User

Re: Hish Scores

on Tuesday, March, 08, 2005 1:30 PM
DaveTRON WroteC TRON,

So did you finally get a video better than the 3.8M version you had earlier?

We're on pins and needles, let us know when you have the official word.
I have not played since the 4 million game.
I wasn't going to post any scores until my score was verified and at least someone believed in me.

If you're wondering why I haven't played again, it is because I hurt my wrist during that game.

Apparently, wrist injuries take a long time to heal.
I hope to be back at full strength in a few weeks.
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Tron WR 14,007,645

dctron
User

on Tuesday, March, 08, 2005 1:36 PM
Riparian Wrote:http://s28.yousendit.com/
you can send up to 1GB files with this free service.
My video is 7 hours long. I wouldn't think 1 gig would be enough, unless I compress it with divx or something like that.

Tron WR 14,007,645

Will D
User

Re: High Scores

on Wednesday, March, 09, 2005 12:51 PM
I have problems shooting fast after playing for a long period of time. I think it is the repetitive motion.

dctron
User

on Wednesday, March, 09, 2005 1:58 PM
Will D Wrote:I have problems shooting fast after playing for a long period of time. I think it is the repetitive motion.
I will switch my trigger finger after a while to give my main trigger finger a rest. It also rests my arm since different muscles are working. I will almost always do the mcp cone with my main trigger finger (middle) since it is the fastest.

Once I am safe on the grid bugs levels I will switch fingers if I am tired, but I will always go back to the main trigger finger since I am more comfortable with it.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Tron WR 14,007,645

dctron
User

on Tuesday, March, 29, 2005 9:39 AM
Hi everyone.

My high score has finally been posted on twin galaxies.

Here is the address:

http://www.twingalaxies.com/index.aspx?c=22&pi=2&gi=3973&vi=327order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Tron WR 14,007,645

Will D
User

on Saturday, May, 07, 2005 3:07 PM
I find now I can consistently break 100,000. It's a good feeling.

dctron
User

on Sunday, June, 26, 2005 1:18 AM
I have a new high score that I am submitting to Twin Galaxies for verification.

I'll post more information if anyone is interested.

Tron WR 14,007,645

Will D
User

on Thursday, July, 07, 2005 3:06 AM
And I have been able to kill all the spiders now on the first level but not very often 'cause when i go for that I'm basically racing against the clock.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Traahn
User

on Saturday, September, 10, 2005 2:19 AM
Sorry dctron. I didn't see your posts here, otherwise I would've been very interested in seeing your new high score information. For anyone who randomly stumbles upon this thread and wonders if dctron was bluffing, check this out! --> http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?do=top&id=320459&post=320459#320459

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

ddawgith
User

on Saturday, October, 27, 2007 2:21 AM
I've scored over 770,000, that wasin high school. I bought a TRON cocktail 2months ago, my best so far is 300,000.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Cam_the_Man
User

on Monday, October, 29, 2007 3:34 PM

Actually, accordsing to Twin Galaxies, the highest score on TRON is 7,148,220, set in 2006 by David Cruz I believe.
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

In the midst of Team Fortress 2:
TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"
Cam_the_Man: "No! Not all of Dallas!"

Traahn
User

on Monday, October, 29, 2007 4:07 PM
Cam_the_Man Wrote:
Actually, accordsing to Twin Galaxies, the highest score on TRON is 7,148,220, set in 2006 by David Cruz I believe.
That would be dctron, who is in this thread. I linked to a related thread a couple posts prior to this one.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Cam_the_Man
User

on Tuesday, October, 30, 2007 3:24 PM

Whoops! Didn't realize there were 4 pages. but yeah, I remember somone here one TRON Sector saying they broke the record.

In the midst of Team Fortress 2:
TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"
Cam_the_Man: "No! Not all of Dallas!"

ddawgith
User

on Wednesday, January, 16, 2008 8:43 PM
I scored 775,000 back in Tron's heyday. Now I have my own machine and I've just got to about 350,000. The only problem in my estimation is to be aware that every 4 levels the light cycles change patterns. Good idea to have a notepad and write down your levels after you hit user, and you should never die again!
I'm certain that I could score well over 1 millionorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

ddawgith
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 2:38 AM
DaveTRON Wrote:The levels in order are:

RPG
COBOL
BASIC
FORTRAN
SNOBOL
PL1
PASCAL
ALGOL
ASSEMBLY
OS
JCL
USER

They continue to repeat and increase in difficulty as you go through them. So the second round on RPG is harder than the first USER level. Hope that answers your questions Karl.

I found this info over on Guy Gordon's old TRON page, and it confirms my suspicion that somebody (dctron) on this thread isn't being entirely honest about their playing.

To my knowledge, nobody has ever hit a score of 4 million points in a single game. You'd have to play for days at a time, and there is no pausing in TRON. I don't think it is possible, and I will not believe it without video proof of the entire game.

The best player in the world scored as follows:

These are scanned pages from Joystik Magazine's January 1983 issue. This is Richard Ross' strategy. He won the Tron contest (July 6-7 1982) with a total of 3,958,901 points over three games.

I believe Will D has been hitting the levels he's described, because depending on how the machine is set you can reach some of them more easily and they appear in different orders. His score is also consistent with what I see when I play my machine.

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

ddawgith
User

on Saturday, July, 26, 2008 2:40 AM
I have scored around 800,000. I think I could do better, but I would need to take notes on the higher levels as to when the light cycles change their patterns, and what side the cone is rotating.

As for not being able to "pause" on tron. That is true but also untrue in a sense.

On the recognizer version of the tanks, if you hide in a corner, you can stay there indefinitely as long as you don't kill them all.

dctron
User

on Tuesday, July, 29, 2008 10:46 PM
ddawgith Wrote:I have scored around 800,000. I think I could do better, but I would need to take notes on the higher levels as to when the light cycles change their patterns, and what side the cone is rotating.

As for not being able to "pause" on tron. That is true but also untrue in a sense.

On the recognizer version of the tanks, if you hide in a corner, you can stay there indefinitely as long as you don't kill them all.
If your light cycle patterns start the same, then you have about a second to figure out which pattern they are on. If not, then you will have to know which one you are doing.
There are five light cycle / tank patterns which will repeat in sequence. There are six cone / grid bug patterns which also repeat in sequence. This give 30 unique combinations of patterns to be aware of.

When I play, I will always have a starting pattern for each level that will work even if I don't know which sequence it is.

After a while, it will be easy to remember the sequences.
Good luck going for higher scores.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Tron WR 14,007,645

Auric
Sector Creator

on Thursday, July, 31, 2008 11:10 AM
DaveTRON Wrote:I'll believe it when I see photographic evidence.

As I recall, the champ for the Bally tournament had a combined total of just over 3 million points over three separate games.

4 million seems a bit farfetched to me. I would love to see you prove it though, it would be cool to know someone who could get that far.

I was going through the forums and re-read this thread and I thought I'd comment on what Donald Hayes told me at Funspot X back in May. The current world record was set by David Cruz at 7,148,220 taking nearly 10 hours. Donald's game took around 5-6 hours if I'm not mistaken.

I own the game and I'll not be attempting that. Crazy.

And yeah for most just getting *1* million is a milestone they may never reach.

You can see the Twin Galaxies Tron records here:
http://www.twingalaxies.com/index.aspx?c=22&pi=2&gi=3973&vi=327where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Dave "Auric" Hernly
Sector Administrator

DaveTRON
User

on Thursday, July, 31, 2008 12:10 PM
Auric Wrote:
DaveTRON Wrote:I'll believe it when I see photographic evidence.

As I recall, the champ for the Bally tournament had a combined total of just over 3 million points over three separate games.

4 million seems a bit farfetched to me. I would love to see you prove it though, it would be cool to know someone who could get that far.

I was going through the forums and re-read this thread and I thought I'd comment on what Donald Hayes told me at Funspot X back in May. The current world record was set by David Cruz at 7,148,220 taking nearly 10 hours. Donald's game took around 5-6 hours if I'm not mistaken.

I own the game and I'll not be attempting that. Crazy.

And yeah for most just getting *1* million is a milestone they may never reach.

You can see the Twin Galaxies Tron records here:
http://www.twingalaxies.com/index.aspx?c=22&pi=2&gi=3973&vi=327

I think it's great the David actually did it! Awesome feat I will never achieve and I own one too.

Actually, David, do you have any footage of you at the end of your game when you hit it? I'd love to add some of that material to the TRON Archives I keep.

Whay have I never thought of that before! This should totally be archived! I'm an idiot.

DaveTRON

dctron
User

on Tuesday, August, 05, 2008 10:19 PM
There are some pictures here.
http://www.classicarcadegaming.com/contests/Funspot2006/images/mda/index.htm
I will have to search through my videotapes to see if there is any usable footage.

Please give me a few days to look for it.

That 7,148,220 game took over 13 hours.

I fully intend to surpass that score. I have just been having trouble finding the right time to try again.
I have to be fully commited with no possible distractions.

I'll make sure there is some video for that one.

I do have the video of the original 6+ million world record.
That one was done at home and was fully recorded.

It's good to hear from you again Dave.

Tron WR 14,007,645

FirstPrevious Page: of 5 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 Hish Scores