New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
dctron
User

Re: New World Record on Tron

on Friday, September, 09, 2005 12:22 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:To: David Cruz
Fr: Harrison Ellenshaw, Associate Producer, TRON

6.8 million on the TRON Arcade game! You are the master, Dave! You have done even better than Flynn himself. Should we expect 10 million from you next?
Hi Everyone. I want to thank everyone for all your support.
It really means alot.

10 million? I really wasn't thinking that high before, but,
knowing that I have Tron-Sector on my side, I will be going for that elusive 10 million, hopefully before the end of the year. I have to really prepare myself because any little mistake early on and it could be over. The first life will be the key. If I can get past 4 million again on my first life, then it will definitely be a great possibility.

Tron WR 14,007,645

DaveTRON
User

on Friday, September, 09, 2005 1:15 PM
To: David Cruz
Fr: Steven Lisberger, Director, TRON

To David Cruz -- Congratulations on an amazing feat. If you need a good carpal tunnel doc, let me know. Steven

DaveTRON

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Friday, September, 09, 2005 6:59 PM
dctron Wrote:...10 million? I really wasn't thinking that high before, but,
knowing that I have Tron-Sector on my side, I will be going for that elusive 10 million, hopefully before the end of the year. I have to really prepare myself because any little mistake early on and it could be over. The first life will be the key. If I can get past 4 million again on my first life, then it will definitely be a great possibility.

You know, I've often just restarted games before when I die too early on in the game. I figure why waste my time if I'm in the mood to break a high score, right?

Other times, when I'm just goofing around I'm not so strict about restarting if I die early on. I've actually broken personal best records this way too. When playing Ms. Pac Man once, I died on the first board, I think (first maze, anyway). I didn't care much, so I kept playing, and went on to beat my personal high score on that game. The first life went fast, but that second one lasted a long, long time.

Just a thought.

wwwmwww
User

on Friday, September, 09, 2005 8:34 PM
Thanks DaveTRON for posting Richard's, Harrison's, and Steven's comments. I've often wondered what keeps them from posting here directly. Is that something any of them would be interested in doing? I wouldn't expect them to go for any posting records but it is nice to see their comments from time-to-time. I'm sure all would receive a very warm welcome.

Just curious,
Carl

abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

DaveTRON
User

on Friday, September, 09, 2005 8:59 PM
They value their privacy. I know Steven looks in from time to time, but I don't even know what his ID is. Stealth Steven.

I might see if we can get a chat going this weekeknd with Cindy Morgan. She's staying with my wife and I for a couple of days, so maybe we can put something togehter is she's amenable? We'll see.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON

wwwmwww
User

on Friday, September, 09, 2005 11:22 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:They value their privacy.

I can respect that. I was just thinking that if any of them did want to join in, I would think they could and just not have their email address listed under their user ID. If they were worried about nasty PM's maybe they could ask for a user ID with a disabled PM box if that is possible. That way they'd just take part in the public discussion and as it's moderated to some extent and this is a much friendlier forum them most I don't think they'd have much to worry about.

Having never been famus myself I'm probably over looking other issues,
Carl

dctron
User

on Saturday, September, 10, 2005 1:22 AM
I personally appreciate them joining in, even if not directly.
DaveTRON is really an asset here.

I know why I really wanted to be a part of this group.

Everyone here is great and Tron is here to bring us all together.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Tron WR 14,007,645

Trace
User

on Saturday, September, 10, 2005 1:36 AM
Amazing, dctron! You go, program!

Traahn
User

on Saturday, September, 10, 2005 4:55 AM
Trust me, this doesn't really take too much away from the amazing feat you did there, dctron. It's still utterly amazing what you did. But I think the only thing that is weird about the record is that breaks were allowed each hour. I understand that may be the TwinGalaxies way, but I just don't agree with it.

It makes me question some of the records a little bit. For example, for Atari 2600 Space Invaders or Pac-Man records, did they allow such breaks? If so, that's not very fair when I try to compare my feats next to the supposed 'world records' that are listed. It's not comparing apples and apples. I played Space Invaders for several hours straight through with no breaks. It just doesn't seem right, imo, that breaks are allowed when trying to set the official 'world record'.

Does the Guinness Book of World Records allow breaks when someone's trying to set the teeter-totter record and similar things? I hope not; but now I question it. Sorry! I'm just a seeker of truth and justice I fight for the users to defeat Sark and the MCP.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

dctron
User

on Saturday, September, 10, 2005 7:07 AM
Traahn Wrote:Trust me, this doesn't really take too much away from the amazing feat you did there, dctron. It's still utterly amazing what you did. But I think the only thing that is weird about the record is that breaks were allowed each hour. I understand that may be the TwinGalaxies way, but I just don't agree with it.

It makes me question some of the records a little bit. For example, for Atari 2600 Space Invaders or Pac-Man records, did they allow such breaks? If so, that's not very fair when I try to compare my feats next to the supposed 'world records' that are listed. It's not comparing apples and apples. I played Space Invaders for several hours straight through with no breaks. It just doesn't seem right, imo, that breaks are allowed when trying to set the official 'world record'.

Does the Guinness Book of World Records allow breaks when someone's trying to set the teeter-totter record and similar things? I hope not; but now I question it. Sorry! I'm just a seeker of truth and justice I fight for the users to defeat Sark and the MCP.
The first time I got 4 million, I did not take any breaks. After I reached 4 million, I could not take any breaks.
The 5 minute break rule comes from the Guiness Book of World Records. There are many games that have places in the game where you can take a break while the game is still playing. Pausing a game is not allowed. Pacman has its safe spot that players use to regroup or, as in one case, to play a game of bowling.

If you are playing a marathon session of q*bert, you can build up a reserve of hundreds of men. No break spot, but you can take a nap while you lose hundreds of men and then build them back up.

Tron only allows breaks during the first 4 million, so, that means that if I do achieve 10 million, that's 6 million without a break. No easy feat.

Playing a couple of hours straight without any break is great, and many if not most games are played this way. It is the few that are going to be played past a certain number of hours that really need the breaks.
(I'm not trying to justify it).on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Tron WR 14,007,645

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Saturday, September, 10, 2005 12:11 PM

How do you take a break in Tron if there's no pause capability?

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

dctron
User

on Saturday, September, 10, 2005 1:02 PM
Boingo_Buzzard Wrote:

How do you take a break in Tron if there's no pause capability?

On the recognizers tank level, since they can't fire at you and can't go into the upper right or lower left corners, you just go to those spots and sit there until you are ready to complete the level.

Tron WR 14,007,645

Traahn
User

on Saturday, September, 10, 2005 3:42 PM
Ahh, excellent, dctron. Thanks for clarifying! I thought they actually paused the game somehow to let people re-group. If the game has 'safe areas' built within it, then I'm cool with that. That's an interesting tidbit of info regarding Q*Bert, too

Meatsack
User

on Saturday, September, 10, 2005 8:04 PM
Are you just as good on Discs of Tron?
What's your highscore on that one?

I'd like to see how hard that one gets.

For the record: I'm lousy at both of the arcade games.

I am the TRON-Badger!

dctron
User

on Saturday, September, 10, 2005 10:47 PM
Meatsack Wrote:Are you just as good on Discs of Tron?
What's your highscore on that one?

I'd like to see how hard that one gets.

For the record: I'm lousy at both of the arcade games.
I've never really played Discs of Tron. I don't have access to one. Maybe someone else here has played it and might be able to answer.

Tron WR 14,007,645

Traahn
User

on Saturday, September, 10, 2005 11:34 PM
dctron - I still just don't know how you broke that record, man. What an insane score! What are you going to do about your wrist?? I hope you don't have carpal tunnel syndrome. Can you recall the first time ever that you played the Tron arcade game and how you felt?abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

dctron
User

on Monday, September, 12, 2005 1:38 PM
Traahn Wrote:dctron - I still just don't know how you broke that record, man. What an insane score! What are you going to do about your wrist?? I hope you don't have carpal tunnel syndrome. Can you recall the first time ever that you played the Tron arcade game and how you felt?
Wrist injuries take a long time to heal. It's been months already. It has gotten a lot better, but will require maybe a few more months before its 100%. It's not carpal tunnel and I won't let a doctor operate. I know when I hurt it, so I know that it is just that injury that has to heal.

I hope this next part doesn't get me in trouble, but I am just going to be honest.

When I first started playing Tron, I was naturally good at it. I don't remember the learning curve, but it didn't take long before I was scoring million point games. I used to go to other arcades searching for other Tron players to challenge. I have never ever lost a game of Tron. But as all things go, after I had that first 4 million point game, I quit playing. That is, until December.

I knew that Tron was real special, so being able to be good at the game gave it even more meaning to me.

Now, the challenge is on to get 10 million.

I don't know what it will mean to reach that goal, but I will give it my best shot. My first attempt will be in a few weeks. That will give me some time to prepare and also to work on my trigger speed (wrist related).

Tron WR 14,007,645

Jademz
User

on Tuesday, September, 13, 2005 12:17 AM
Ok, here's how you can beat all odds. Hope this points you in the right direction.

http://search.lef.org/src-cgi-bin/MsmGo.exe?grab_id=28&EXTRA_ARG=&CFGNAME=MssFind%2Ecfg&host_id=42&page_id=4656896&query=myelin&hiword=myelin+
If you have any questions, let me know.

Traahn
User

on Thursday, September, 15, 2005 12:30 AM
Jademz - I'z gots no clue what that is

Dctron - Very cool! Pretty impressive, and I have no problem believing that. It's hard for me to fathom since I'm just a mediocre player, but it's not unbelievable. You should fly jet fighters if you have that type of hand-eye coordination You're like a Jediabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

awindow
User

on Thursday, September, 15, 2005 4:28 AM
Well done dctron

I'm amazed. 12 1/2 hours games for a quarter !!!

Alan
TDC/FDC Tron
A really old program.
On the web since 1982.

FirstPrevious Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 New World Record on Tron