Collector 
 Kubric Tron Sets? Anyone selling?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
Euphemizm
User

on Sunday, October, 02, 2005 12:58 PM
Well, I've been browsing the web trying to find these things and haven't seen any available.

Its strange cause I saw them for sale at a shop about April of this year. They had all the sets and they were $34 a piece. Now, I was going to buy them for my office at work www.edenfx.com cause everyone there collects the Kubrick stuff but no one has the Tron stuff.

Since we are a 3d graphics house I thought that Tron cycles are a MUST DO.

So if anyone knows how to get these, website that has em in stock, local store, or anything, lemme know.
Thanks,

Casey Benn
Hollywood.

Traahn
User

Re: Kubric Tron Sets? Anyone selling?

on Sunday, October, 02, 2005 5:04 PM
Tron cycles, indeed, are a must do... but how would you get company time to do them if you don't have any commercial Tron projects to work on? Sounds like heaven on earth to me...

Light cycles were going to be one of my endeavors some day fairly soon, as I just recently got the software capability. I've got a ways to go in learning the tools, though. I've seen other fans have made lightcycle models, including our very own wwwmwww here, who used POV-Ray.

I wouldn't know where to go to buy the cycles, though. I thought eBay or the internet would surely have them...abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Euphemizm
User

on Monday, October, 03, 2005 10:31 AM
The great thing about the Tron cycles is that they are not made of difficult geometry.

Also I have been working for a 3d company called Eden FX

www.edenfx.com

I am doing the monsters and water animations for Surface the NBC tv show.

Just finished a nice whirlpool sequence for the intro of the 3rd episode airing tonight Monday Oct 3rd.

I can do Lightcycles cause I have been doing 3d for 10 years and have the equipment at my house.

Did freelance for a long time before I joined a company so I can do it at home on my own time.

I use Lightwave 3d. its the best IMHO. Easiest to learn with one of the best render engines out there. It was the first engine to have global lighting. Other engines are better for sub surface scattering and stuff but LW version 9.0 is a whole new render engine so Lightwave is about to push the envelope again.

I want these Kubrick kits BAAAAD!

Haven't wanted a toy this much since Nintendo came out in the early 80s when I was a little kid. I wanted a tron cycle back then after I saw the movie but back in Wyoming they didn't have any Tron toys. Only He-Man, GI Joe and Transformers. Which were pretty cool. But Tron made me want to get into 3d in the first place.

Back to the roots....I mean...back to the original binary.

Traahn
User

on Monday, October, 03, 2005 12:13 PM
Hey, that's awesome Eupemizm I'll have to tune in tonight to see the whirlpool you created! How long did it take to render the whirlpool scene? I bet it would take a year on a standard PC, so surely you have equipment that can crank it out more quickly. Just curious

Good luck with the Kubrick toys!abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

wwwmwww
User

on Monday, October, 03, 2005 10:08 PM
Traahn Wrote:Light cycles were going to be one of my endeavors some day fairly soon, as I just recently got the software capability. I've got a ways to go in learning the tools, though. I've seen other fans have made lightcycle models, including our very own wwwmwww here, who used POV-Ray.

I thought my ears were burning...

Anyways here is the link Traahn is refering too.

http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?do=top&id=303566&pg=1
Enjoy,
Carl

Traahn
User

on Tuesday, October, 04, 2005 2:32 AM
Euphemizm! That whirlpool was awesome! Good job I'm practicing Lightwave as it is, so it's great to see the potential and recognition it has in the industry. Maybe once you've created the .lwo lightcycles, you'll be kind enough to share with us so we can learn from the LW master!? (I wouldn't expect you to do this though, of course... so no problem if it's asking too much.) I'm still going to try and see if I can make my own lightcycles...

Here are a couple things I've made so far...

Fountain 1 - http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8753/fountaindfw15kd.jpgFountain 2 - http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7930/fountaindfw22la.jpgCrystal 1 - http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9693/crystalhires2web3wg.jpgCrystal 2 - http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/2933/crystalhiresweb2ex.jpg
I'm really new to this modeling stuff, so I know I have a ways to go. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a .POV to .LWO file converter out there so be able to import wwwmwww's awesome cycles (already looked the other day)

PS: Those really are awesome wwwmwww!!abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Euphemizm
User

on Tuesday, October, 04, 2005 12:02 PM
I could do a lightcycle in a few hours. Its not too hard to do since its mostly primative shapes.

Thanks for the comments on the whirlpool, it seems pretty popular at work this morning. Dave Morton gave me kudos for it and he supervised the work on Serenity.

I gto all 4 kubrick sets on the way. I won an Ebay bid for two box sets. The sets are C and D and then the guy threw in all 4 opened sets with it for a little more since he is clearing out his house.

Sio i'll have two of set C and D.

SCORE!

Euphemizm
User

on Tuesday, October, 04, 2005 12:07 PM
Not sure I can convert wwwmwww's lightbikes from Povray.

Lightwave is a killer 3d APP. There is more Lightwave work available then most apps in the TV world.

Maya is for feature films sine it takes alot more time to set up scenes and stuff, we use it here sometimes.

3d studio max seems to be more used for Video game development.

So that kind of gives you a general idea of which program to pick in case you have an industry in mind. That being Said, Lightwave is being used more and more for video games as well.

I've used them all and can say Lightwave is the easiest to learn and gives you the best results the quickest.

Your first few models are pretty good.

Go here.....

http://members.shaw.ca/lightwavetutorials/Main_Menu.htm
Try to go thru these tutorials and you'll be a Lightwave master in no time. Lightcycles coming up before the weekend. I'll post em here for all to have.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Traahn
User

on Tuesday, October, 04, 2005 12:44 PM
Awesome! Can't wait to see And thanks for the link. I shall take a lookabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

wwwmwww
User

on Tuesday, October, 04, 2005 5:22 PM
Euphemizm Wrote:I am doing the monsters and water animations for Surface the NBC tv show.

Just finished a nice whirlpool sequence for the intro of the 3rd episode airing tonight Monday Oct 3rd.

Missed it. Any chance you could post the animation or a few stills from it? I'm curious to see what all the talk is about.

Carl
abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Euphemizm
User

on Wednesday, October, 05, 2005 2:51 AM

Tron Bikes in Lightwave . Now with reflective surfaces and soft shadows.

Traahn
User

on Wednesday, October, 05, 2005 11:14 PM
Sweet!! Good job, and you're fast!!!! I love light cycles

Euphemizm
User

on Wednesday, October, 05, 2005 11:22 PM
a href="http://imageshack.us">

Oops made the windows metal. Now they are glass.

Lightwave makes em look better!

Muah haha!order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Euphemizm
User

on Friday, October, 07, 2005 11:18 AM
I want to do some mesh cleaning on these bikes and I'll put em here for download if anyone wants. My only prob is getting server space for them.

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Friday, October, 07, 2005 1:05 PM

Is Lightwave a free program?

Awesome job on the lightcycles. It's like I can reach out and grab them.

Euphemizm
User

on Friday, October, 07, 2005 2:52 PM
Lightwave used to be around $3500-$4000 but now its around $850.

They used to have a learning edition which was a free download. Only problem was you couldn't save objects or scenes which is something you need to do to learn.

If they'd make it so you could save low poly objects and small scenes wit would be more effective of a learning tool.

If you can get a real copy of it just to install it and don't have the dongle it reverts to the learning edition but with some file saving attributes.

YOu might want to contact newtek and ask about learning edition copies. They have a school version which is less expensive ($200 range) and doesn't have all the bells and whistles like particle systems and stuff but there is still plenty to play with.

www.newtek.com is the company that makes Lightwave.

Traahn
User

on Friday, October, 07, 2005 11:58 PM
Euphemizm Wrote:I want to do some mesh cleaning on these bikes and I'll put em here for download if anyone wants. My only prob is getting server space for them.
Dude, are you serious? That'd be so frickin' awesome! How large are the files? I'll patiently await you getting server space somehow. Those cycles look stellar!abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Euphemizm
User

on Saturday, October, 08, 2005 1:19 AM
Yeh, I can put em here. I'll see if I can get some server space for them at work. They are a little under 330k. About 1/3 a megabyte. Pretty small. Its just polygon and surface data. THen you'd have to set em up and light them and stuff.

I guess I could make the scene file downloadable too.

Which Lightwave are you using? I am always at the latest copy since its my main form of income. 8.3 is currently the latest one.

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Traahn
User

on Saturday, October, 08, 2005 3:06 AM
I'm also running Lighwave 8. I can light 'em up -- but yeah, if you can send the scene file too?, that'd be cool. I'm still trying to learn LW tricks, so anything I see will be educational, I'm sure.

Euphemizm
User

on Saturday, October, 08, 2005 11:21 AM
Do you use F-Prime? I rendered these out with F-Prime. A Plug in for Lightwave.

Really it should be included with the software its so powerful.

You can get the EXACT same look with Lightwave's native renderer and it will render to look like this but it takes alot longer. F-Prime can build the radiosity/global lighting solution in seconds where as Lightwave takes hours.

F-Prime is a must have in production. www.worley.com

watch the vidoes of them using it and you'll see what I mean. It came out in March of 04. CAn't figure out how I got along for 9 years before it. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector