Tron Restoration - Work In Progress

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
RescueTron
User

on Friday, October, 28, 2005 2:26 PM
Hello All,

Found this site while looking for other Tron stuff for my Arcade game. Thought some might be interested in seeing my (slow) progress. I just got the game back together and working all the way. This weekend I will be adding a marquee as well as the upper light and control panel blacklight.

Please feel free to let me know what you think.

http://home.earthlink.net/~rescuetron/
Enjoy!

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

Re: Tron Restoration - Work In Progress

on Sunday, October, 30, 2005 6:55 PM
Greetings, RescueTron and welcome to TRON-Sector!

Sorry I'm a couple of days late in response!

That's a great project you got going on. You've already gotten this TRON Arcade machine looking much better than when you first got it. Keep up the good work and please keep us posted.

And just so you know, the "Games: Arcade" forum isn't always hot on people's got-to-check-it-out list. Don't be put off by the late response - many TRON-Sector members only scan through the most recent posts on the main page, General Discussion, and Other Sectors. Often people miss things JUST like I did for a couple of days!

When you get the machine all restored to it's previous glory, please let us know and send a link to the photos. I'll immortalize the final images to the TRON-Sector Image Gallery and include a link to your site about restoring the machine. That is if it's ok with you.

And while you're here:

A couple of threads you may want to hit are:

What's with your name?

And...

Don't forget to PING in every time you have yourself Another dose of TRON

I think you'll enjoy your time here at The Sector
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Monday, October, 31, 2005 12:02 AM
Sweet dude...

I would SO like to have a working Tron machine in my house. Do you have to have a pretty decent knowledge about electronics to service a game like this?

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON
User

on Monday, October, 31, 2005 10:24 AM
I own a TRON and a Discs of TRON in Los Angeles.

I am actively working on restoring my TRON to it's full glory right now. I'd love to compare notes.

What part of the world are you in?where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON

flynn1978
User

on Monday, October, 31, 2005 1:30 PM
I'm glad you have such a cool "chore"!

Not a bad "This Old House"-type project, isn't it?

...Today we're going to restore an old Tron Arcade game, but we just need the proper screws and some new balsawood for the finish on the back... Steve?

BTW,
http://home.earthlink.net/~rescuetron/tron-beta/images/DSCN0035_jpg.jpg

Cool pic, and doesn't anyone think:
Boy, this just screams Nintendo DS???

(Translation: A (or multiple ) Tron on the DS would rock!)
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

flynnsplace
User

on Thursday, November, 17, 2005 7:36 AM
wow looks great. Very clean.

Makes me want to get off my butt and clean mine where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

===========================
"on the other side of the screen it looks so easy"

RedShoe
User

on Sunday, December, 11, 2005 6:43 AM
I'm very new to this world. I've wanted a Tron game since I was a kid.

Tehre was one on ebay about a week ago, I bought and drove down to SanClemente from North Hollywood just today to get it. (it was like a 4 hour round trip)

What a piece of junk.... I LOVE IT! It's going to need a lot of TLC but that's what I was hoping for. I would really like to get in there and repair it bring it back to life. I need new side art, new wood in some areas. That particle board sure does like to soak up the moisture. It needs a black light for the front... it just needs a lot.

I want to take pics and also do a "RedShoe Tron Restoration Page"

I look forward to hanging out here.

DaveTRON
User

on Sunday, December, 11, 2005 1:07 PM
RedShoe Wrote:I'm very new to this world. I've wanted a Tron game since I was a kid.

Tehre was one on ebay about a week ago, I bought and drove down to SanClemente from North Hollywood just today to get it. (it was like a 4 hour round trip)

What a piece of junk.... I LOVE IT! It's going to need a lot of TLC but that's what I was hoping for. I would really like to get in there and repair it bring it back to life. I need new side art, new wood in some areas. That particle board sure does like to soak up the moisture. It needs a black light for the front... it just needs a lot.

I want to take pics and also do a "RedShoe Tron Restoration Page"

I look forward to hanging out here.

You're in North Hollywood? I am in Burbank. If you need help, let me know.

DaveTRON

Traahn
User

on Sunday, December, 11, 2005 3:42 PM
Great job on owning a true classic gaming machine and doing your best to restore it! And welcome to the Sector. How exciting this must be to have a Tron arcade machine at your home! I noticed your site said 'be careful of BLW.". I wonder if any blacklights you pick up from the stores on Halloween use those? I tried a few Google searches, but can't find anything.

Turns out the lower marquee is also intended to have a blacklight,
though a different kind than the upper. Something called a BLW, "Black
Light White?" The post stated that this was brighter than a normal
blacklight, but was not used on the upper cp light as the BLW emits
dangerous UV rays.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade