What is the "rarest" TRON collectible?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
HSBUser
User

on Thursday, December, 08, 2005 10:54 AM
Greetings, Programs!

Hello one and all. New to the forums, but I'm a long-time TRON fan and reader of this site. My band's rehearsal room is even called The Secret TRON Room!

Curious to know what is the "rarest" of TRON collectibles, besides the film used props (i can't believe i missed the RAM costume!) Any ideas? I know it's kind of a dumb question.

I'm new to collecting TRON stuff. Long time collector of lots of other stuff like comics, rare films, toys etc. I've got a few basic items, but I'm looking to get some real cool out-of-the-ordinary stuff.

FYI- I also work for a large volume eBay store. The admin. here has posted links over the last few months to a bunch of TRON stuff our store has put up this summer & fall. We get in a lot of cool, rare things (mostly i work with vinyl LPs, musical instruments/software, and 80s memorabilia) and I will gladly post links here to ANY TRON related things we list. In the past 2-6 months we've had a few ART OF TRON books as well as posters, rare special effect magazines, lobby cards, etc. I would much rather see these things go into the hands of true fans of the film, like myself, than those who buy this stuff on spec (for $$ value only) and don't really care about the film.

thanks, HSBUser.
end of line, man.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

---------------
Wow, That's So Tron.

...man.

DaveTRON
User

Re: What is the "rarest" TRON collectible?

on Thursday, December, 08, 2005 11:59 AM
TRONProgram and I are the two biggest collectors on this site, but there at least 4 or 5 more regulars who collect nearly as much as we do.

I would have to say that outside of physical items from the film, the rarest pieces are some of the school tote bags found in Europe. TRONProgram has had some amazing finds in this area, and they are very infrequent on Ebay.

I'd be hard pressed to tell you the rarest thing in my personal collection, but I'd have to go with my two handled school tote bag.

What part of the world are you in?

DaveTRON

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Thursday, December, 08, 2005 7:50 PM
Greetings, HSBUser and welcome to TRON-Sector!

I'm not sure what the rarest TRON collectible is, but I'm sure DaveTRON and TRONProgram can give some insight in to that. Actually, DaveTRON already has.

Whether you're looking for collectables or not, I hope you stick around - PLENTY of TRON fans around these parts!

A couple of threads you may want to hit are:

What's with your name?

And...

Don't forget to PING in every time you have yourself Another dose of TRON

I think you'll enjoy your time here at The Sector

HSBUser
User

on Thursday, December, 08, 2005 9:55 PM
Thanks, guys.

Yeah, I guess "rare" is kind of tough to gauge nowadays with eBay, etc...

I am located in New Jersey.

oh, and real quick- about my work- unfortunatly, i can't offer any discounts to friends/members (sorry!) but i can give you guys the heads-up on anything before it goes up to the general public.

much love!

---------------
Wow, That's So Tron.

...man.

DaveTRON
User

on Thursday, December, 08, 2005 10:10 PM
Heads up are good. Welcome to TS by the way.

DaveTRON

tronprogram
Sector Admin

on Friday, December, 09, 2005 7:04 PM
I'll have to have a think about this one and post back later.

"Like the man said, there's no problems, only solutions"-Kevin Flynn, prior to his entry into the electronic world- 1982

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector