Steve
User

Tron 2 mention at JimHillMedia.com

on Thursday, December, 15, 2005 4:44 PM

DaveTRON
User

Re: Tron 2 mention at JimHillMedia.com

on Thursday, December, 15, 2005 5:11 PM
This jives with some other intel I have been getting. I've heard through two other sources, one of whom is on this site sometimes, that TRON 2 is on the Production schedule for Summer 07.

That would mean it would need to begin production about now to be reay in time considring it should be laden with effects work.

I would think that there would be more buzz too. considering that the various promised scripts have not materialized, and every rumor to date has died, and BVG has killed any future games according to my scant sources there. I just don't know.

I have hope, but with inmates running the asylum, can Disney make a great TRON film? Will they do a Thunderbirds and make a crappy "kids save the adults" kind of film out of it or an ultra cool film like it deserves.

C'mon Disney, we wanna know!where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON

harpo989
User

on Thursday, December, 15, 2005 5:29 PM
I suppose it's always possible that they (disney) could be planning on making one of cheap animated films, then releasing it on DVD, ala the frquent low-budget Disney sequels?

I don't know what other intel there is, but it's just a thought.

------------
Harpo989: The original fConer. (Now with (0rr[up73d fruit flavoring!)

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Thursday, December, 15, 2005 6:05 PM
harpo989 Wrote:I suppose it's always possible that they (disney) could be planning on making one of cheap animated films, then releasing it on DVD, ala the frquent low-budget Disney sequels?

I don't know what other intel there is, but it's just a thought.

That would be horrible. I call it "crapanimation", which is basically bastardizing a good thing for a quick buck.

Sequels are tricky things. They can be great, or destroy any legacy that was built up in the first place.

I, personally, know that any Tron sequel will never capture or convey the magic and wonderment of the first one.

FreedomForever
User

on Thursday, December, 15, 2005 7:27 PM
I tried the tron2movie url...it did'nt work.

Shadow on the wind?abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Jademz
User

on Thursday, December, 15, 2005 8:20 PM
coincidentally, I heard that there may be a`09 release, a week ago. I am not sure whether or not to have my hopes up, so I just call it a coincindence.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, December, 16, 2005 10:07 AM

I'll be cautiously optimistic about this news. Certainly won't hold my breath. But considering more than one source is reporting this rumor now, then perhaps there's actually some truth to it.

Though if Steven Lisberger isn't going to be on board for this as Writer and/or Director, my expectations will be at an all-time low.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

harpo989
User

on Friday, December, 16, 2005 12:38 PM
I'd have to agree with Redrain about being catiously optimistic. I mean, this is still probably just a rumor, but even so, I think I'll not get my hopes up until I see something official saying Steven's onboard.

------------
Harpo989: The original fConer. (Now with (0rr[up73d fruit flavoring!)

Conduit
User

on Friday, December, 16, 2005 1:07 PM
FreedomForever Wrote:I tried the tron2movie url...it did'nt work.

They haven't made a website for it yet, they've just registered the name. I agree with the rest of you, I'll wait to find out more information before I make any judgements.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Tron 2 mention at JimHillMedia.com