TRON: LEGACY 
 Who Should make a Tron Sequel?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Conduit
User

on Thursday, December, 22, 2005 6:48 PM
I know there is absolutely no way in hell that Disney is going to sell the Tron license. But if they did, which movie company would you like them to sell it to?

DaveTRON
User

Re: Who Should make a Tron Sequel?

on Thursday, December, 22, 2005 7:00 PM
Pixar or some combination of Square and a Paramount or Dreamworks kind of place.

I was just thinking the other day that the folks who did Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within might be able to do something really remarkable with TRON. Their technology is perfect for it, as is PIXAR's, and I think a CGI TRON might not be such a bad idea.

DaveTRON

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Thursday, December, 22, 2005 7:22 PM
Me!

Ok, that's not what you were looking for, and I could never even come close to being able to afford to buy TRON - no matter what price they sold it. But in my hands, I'd certainally put forth a worthy sequel... well, if I could afford the production costs of that too.

I've long envisioned a particular kind of TRON sequel that could retain all that we loved about the original TRON and also open up all the new possibilities of modern computing. I would love so much to see my take on this made in to TRON reality! Of course, I'm sure every other TRON fan with an idea would like to see their idea on the big screen as well.

You know what I think a great (realistic) formula for making a TRON sequel would be, IF Disney were to sell it? Sell it to Mr. Lisberger himself. I bet he could round up the necessary forces to bring his TRON ideas to life.
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

DaveTRON
User

on Thursday, December, 22, 2005 7:52 PM
I know I'd be there, but I'd have to be staff photographer or something like that.

DaveTRON

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Thursday, December, 22, 2005 8:47 PM

I'd like to see a Prequel, to be honest. Still set in the 1980's. Maybe how the MCP came to be. I dont think I like the idea of an all CGI Tron, but maybe a mix again of live action and computer graphics.

They would still have to be able to convey the feeling of isolation and being in the computer world, not just a beautifully RENDERED world.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, December, 22, 2005 9:18 PM

I'd still rather see a mix of live action and CGI, but Pixar would certainly be my top pick for the people to do the CGI in the film.

I'm sure other studios could do a good job, too. But everything Pixar touches turns to gold. And it's a well known fact that some people working there admire Tron, and even got into CGI work because of it.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Meatsack
User

on Thursday, December, 22, 2005 10:18 PM
This is the kind of project Falty and I aspired to earlier this year.

I'd rather see Square get the nod for a sequel since FF:TSW has MUCH more abililty in realistic human modelling and animation than anything Pixar has done. Don't get me wrong: Pixar's great at cartoony characters like you see in their movies, but as far as humans go... it ain't realistic-looking enough for TRON (IMHO, of course). I'd be disappointed to see TRON characters looking anything like Mr. Incredible, Sid from Toy Story, or even that Dentist from Finding Nemo.

At this point, though, I'll take whatever I can get.

I am the TRON-Badger!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY