Film Chat 
 The ball is rolling...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Meatsack
User

The ball is rolling...

on Wednesday, March, 01, 2006 8:56 AM
Last night I met (Yes, physically met. We all live in Louisville, KY.) the 3 guys who made the Muppet Matrix trailer. We talked about (what else!) making a TRON fan film.

Now they are still in school at ITT Tech and are set to graduate in a year or so. I pitched the idea of the TRON fan film and showed them the materials I have on the project. (I have much more than what I've revealed publicly so far.) Skip to the end... they said they could do it to the quality I wanted.

They also said that the Muppet Matrix was cell-shaded and didn't look good with the quality of video they made public at first. They are going to put up links on their site later this week so people can download a better quality version.

The problem is... they want paid for their work. (Yay capitalism!) I can't blame them. The Muppet Matrix took them 2 months and "easily 1000+ man hours" to make. So as a start, I figured I'd have them make the opening scene to User Error from the very beginning to the title screen. About 2 minutes of video. For that, they quoted me a price of $2000.

They would start working on it when I got half of that and owe them the other half payable on delivery of the final product.

I can pitch in $100 now myself and maybe add another $100 a month until I have the initial $1000 to get them started. I'm asking for monetary pledges from the TRON community to overcome this financial hurdle faster and see if there's enough interest from enough people for this to become a reality. Then I'll set up a PayPal account to accept those donations when I think we have enough to seal the deal. All donors will have a share in the ownership of the 2-minute clip proportional to the amount donated to its cost. If I don't get enough pledges to get them going soon, I'll just have to save up for it myself and we'll see this happen in about a year and a half. No matter what, I'll make sure it happens eventually.

Of course, as a fan film, (and to avoid legal entanglements) it'll be freely available for distribution with no intention of making profit from its existence once it is complete.

My ultimate goal is to generate attention and interest in the TRON universe from the general public and Disney so that a sequel, remake, User Error, or SOMETHING gets done to perpetuate the TRON legacy!

So who's with me?where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

I am the TRON-Badger!

DaveTRON
User

Re: The ball is rolling...

on Wednesday, March, 01, 2006 11:07 AM
Much as I'd like to support this effort, life requires my $ be spent elsewhere.

DaveTRON

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, March, 01, 2006 7:02 PM
Same here. PLus loosing my Job two weeks ago from P&W. I cannot afford to give my money away like that. I'm in the rat race for looking for another job over here. sorry abot that.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, March, 01, 2006 11:57 PM
Compucore Wrote:Same here. PLus loosing my Job two weeks ago from P&W. I cannot afford to give my money away like that. I'm in the rat race for looking for another job over here. sorry abot that.

Jeez Karl, again? Was it because of your injury? That's a bummer.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

DaveTRON

Compucore
User

on Thursday, March, 02, 2006 3:25 PM
Dave, It wasn't because of my two injuries over here. The company that Pratt was using for their tech support in the east end of Montreal. Decided to lay me off with the excuse of being my numbers. Thats what the CNC guy had said to me which is Balony over here. I have the numbers to prove it. I was just checking in this afternoon from CNC to see if there are any other tech suppotr jobs and he just told me that CSC the company that had hired me for Pratt. Did some massive layoffs just this week alone. So I am back to the drawing board for looking for another job in tech support or at least in junior programming. So I'm back to square one over here in the job searches.

Karl

DaveTRON Wrote:
Compucore Wrote:Same here. PLus loosing my Job two weeks ago from P&W. I cannot afford to give my money away like that. I'm in the rat race for looking for another job over here. sorry abot that.

Jeez Karl, again? Was it because of your injury? That's a bummer.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

DaveTRON
User

on Thursday, March, 02, 2006 4:06 PM
Well I am very sorry to hear that you are back to square 1 again. Hope it changes soon!

DaveTRON

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Thursday, March, 02, 2006 8:14 PM
Meatsack Wrote:
The problem is... they want paid for their work. About 2 minutes of video. For that, they quoted me a price of $2000.

I'd like to say I'm not the kind of person that doesn't say "I told you so".... but I am.

So who's with me?

Sorry, not me I'm afraid. Money goes to house, car insurance, food... etc...

gRiD_89a
User

on Thursday, March, 02, 2006 8:47 PM
id throw in 30 dollars you only live once!

Meatsack
User

on Friday, March, 03, 2006 9:18 AM
Thanks Grid.
We're up to $130 now.
I'll collect when we get to the $1000 pledge mark.

I'm not asking for arms and legs.
I figure that we can nickel/dime our way up to getting something new made for us fans.

I've got a wife and kids too.
I'm middle-class with bad credit, but if it's TRON, I make the small sacrifices.
But I'm not about to wipe out the emergency fund for this either!
Trust me... I understand the personal finanaces issue.

[sadviolin]So... if you find a fiver on the street and don't need to hit the closest White Castle to spend it right away, then maybe you can drop it in the TRON donation bucket? You can't eat the trailer, but maybe... just maybe... it'll be cool enough to get some attention from people that know people can make things happen.
[\sadviolin]
Otherwise... I'll buy it myself. (eventually)
Well... myself and gRiD_89a.
I've got a spare change jar going already.
I think it has about $10 in it that I can add to the total.

Woot! Up to $140 already! In only 3 days!

I am the TRON-Badger!

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Friday, March, 03, 2006 9:32 AM

One thing you guys need to think about is Tron is copyrighted material owned by Disney. These guys are looking to make money off of using Tron without their express permission. I can guarantee Disney is going to frown on that.

Meatsack
User

on Friday, March, 03, 2006 4:35 PM
Killjoy.

*IF* Disney even notices, then at least that's SOMETHING.
Hopefully, it'll become a positive.
The WORST thing that can happen is that Disney DOESN'T notice.
Kinda like all those airbrush artists at flea markets selling Mickey shirts not getting noticed.

At least we'll have a cool clip to look at for a while.

I am the TRON-Badger!

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Friday, March, 03, 2006 6:55 PM
Meatsack Wrote:Killjoy.

Well, I've just lost interest in this thread.

gRiD_89a
User

on Friday, March, 03, 2006 7:48 PM
dont loose faith buddy i think meatsack is just passionate and the word killjoy was not meant as offense

I think everyone here is passionate in there own way about Tron: The Resurection heheh!

Wow who knew a movie 26 years ago would make people feel so strong *group hug*

Jademz
User

on Friday, March, 03, 2006 11:26 PM
What, and disney doesn't have special interest groups? Maybe they'll donate too. first, I think, what would disney gain by spending 10k per hour on a lawyer? There may be more to lose by attacking a trend that has been in existence since the dawn of digitization. The tools to recreate the game are included within the game folder, and basing your fan film inside your idea, a novel approach for a healthy fan base.
Second, they didn't make a movie to prequel the original, and decided it wasn't in thier best interests. I thought about the Tron2movie link scrupulously, and as I see it, Disney's either playing a Trump, or threatening one. IMO a fan film is not deceptive, nor competitive to Disney, BVG, or Monolith. There was also contact in atleast two forms.
Third, I just want to see some cool fan action, I like to think we're a pretty tight group, and as a healthy fan base, we've been giving them a plug. I've added 7 people this year to my friends for Xfire because of Tron 2.0, and have made more friends purely coincidentallywhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Meatsack
User

on Friday, March, 03, 2006 11:50 PM
Boingo_Buzzard Wrote:
Meatsack Wrote:Killjoy.

Well, I've just lost interest in this thread.

That hardly constitutes a flame, dude... don't be so sensitive. I could have been a LOT harsher and unkind.

My point is that I'd rather keep a positive attitude about making things happen rather than focus on what could go wrong. We ALL know that Disney could cop an attitude with us at any time. I just prefer to think that they would rather work WITH us instead of coming off as jerks. If I'm wrong on that, time will tell. Until then, just keep your negativity to yourself. You can call it "realistic" to yourself all you want, but ultimately, I don't want to hear that kind of talk here. The goal is to make things happen. If you prefer to fill your hands the other way... then just don't touch me with them. (THAT's a challenge, not a flame.)

So everyone who's with me in making some reality happen...
let's hear from you!

I am the TRON-Badger!

gRiD_89a
User

on Saturday, March, 04, 2006 12:43 AM
ok peeps reeeelaaax we all friends here

BTW

Started reading the user error script and my god its a damn good first draft...

not withstanding it needs alot of tweaking and such but yah its a draft (to be expected)

I can really visualise the story elements as I'm reading!
I can see this how this story can be more tightly intergrated into an expansion!

Like making cut scenes based on Meatsacks script for his expansion just like in 2.0...

People here have alot of dedication....if everyone just chips in a little in whatever capacity they can; like my gawd

I belive in the 'powers in numbers' saying 100%

And honestly meatsacks dedicatation to his project is impressive and commited to say the least!

Boingo! You raise a valid point...

Let's say Disney sends a STOP & DESIST order
helloooooo high profile media attention

Media attention = GOOD
This draws ALOT more attention to tron-sectors efforts as a whole!

The trickle down effect..

I would imagine a catalyste of some kind .. re-kindled developemental interest in the Tron universe from the media attentions push on Disney/BVG ..

Just my take on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Meatsack
User

on Wednesday, March, 08, 2006 9:05 PM
Here's an article on those guys who made Muppet Matrix.
I get a slight mention for my TRON pitch at the end of the article.
It's not a stillborn idea, guys! Lets get it together!

http://www.ugo.com/channels/filmtv/features/muppetmatrix/default.asporder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

I am the TRON-Badger!

gRiD_89a
User

on Friday, March, 10, 2006 1:47 AM
well they def got some talent!!! I would love to see a more hi-res version of the production!!!

Meatsack > did they look like a serios group?

And on the note of the 2K ... maybe the could throw us a deal where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Meatsack
User

on Friday, March, 10, 2006 9:15 AM
They aren't professional *yet*. They are still in school for about another year, and then they plan to move to California and start their own digital studio. The 2K *is* a deal considering the quality of thier work. They just want something more for their portfolio and are willing to cut me a break on the price. The Muppet Matrix would have cost a buyer about $25 - 50K for production if they weren't doing it for themselves.

What I wanted has 3 models, one landscape and runs about 2 minutes. I can't complain about the price... only that I can't afford it myself.

I am the TRON-Badger!

gRiD_89a
User

on Friday, March, 10, 2006 7:32 PM
well im still in bro

wow 3d is damn expensive but its worth it

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Film Chat 
 The ball is rolling...