TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 PC Joystick

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Boingo_Buzzard
User

PC Joystick

on Friday, August, 04, 2006 12:14 PM

What, in your opinion, is a PC Joystick (Name and model) that best emulates the Tron joystick/spinner from the arcade.

Say, if someone were to own the original Tron arcade ROM, and would like to emulate it on MAME, what joystick would work best?

zook_one
User

Re: PC Joystick

on Friday, August, 04, 2006 12:46 PM
Boingo_Buzzard Wrote:

What, in your opinion, is a PC Joystick (Name and model) that best emulates the Tron joystick/spinner from the arcade.

Say, if someone were to own the original Tron arcade ROM, and would like to emulate it on MAME, what joystick would work best?

Boingo,

check out this review. I think you're pretty much stuck making some sort or holder/cabinet yourself to house spinners I haven't seen a standalone one yet.

http://www.retroblast.com/reviews/roundup.html
I haven't played TRON on Mame but I think you can just use the mouse instead of a spinner.

[LDSO] LIVING DEAD SYSTEM OPERATORS www.LDSO.net

dctron
User

Re: PC Joystick

on Tuesday, August, 08, 2006 8:58 PM
As far as control goes, nothing beats an original Tron spinner. It was designed to stop when you wanted it to an not try to keep spinning.

That is critical when you have to make your shots count.

A spinner that moves too much will force you to concentrate too much on keeping the spinner lined up, and most likely you'll miss shots or worse because the spinner decided to keep spinning.

On that note, the best joystick is also the original Tron joystick. It is designed as a four way controller with 8 way capability when you really need it. It won't accidentally go diagonally unless you really want it to.

A good heavy duty controller that you set the axis sensitivity so that you can simulate the Tron controller will work best.

Tron WR 14,007,645

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 PC Joystick