Status Bar 
 Any Star Wars Fans here?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
yes/no/yes/no
User

Any Star Wars Fans here?

on Sunday, January, 28, 2007 5:39 PM
I've got a special place in my heart for Tron, but I love the Star Wars Saga. I hope this isn't against the rules (I'm new here) but I just wanted to let people know that if they want to chat about SW and more, this is a cool website I hang out at often: http://outerrimsieges.com/boards/index.php

Hikaru.EXE
User

Re: Any Star Wars Fans here?

on Sunday, January, 28, 2007 5:49 PM
Dude, I'm a starwars nut. I tried making my own stormtrooped suit out of metal. Well, that didn't work to well because I had no metal, and I never started.

Oh, and welcome to tron-sector.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

yes/no/yes/no
User

on Sunday, January, 28, 2007 5:52 PM
Hikaru.EXE Wroteude, I'm a starwars nut. I tried making my own stormtrooped suit out of metal. Well, that didn't work to well because I had no metal, and I never started.

Oh, and welcome to tron-sector.

Cool, and thanks. You should check out that message board I posted. If you like SW, you'll love it over there. I'm trying to branch-out and find other cool message boards like this one. You guys have the coolest emoticons in the world. where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Hikaru.EXE
User

on Sunday, January, 28, 2007 6:00 PM
Don't thank me, thank Sketch, The Pixel god. And, I'll see about joining the boards.

Traahn
User

on Sunday, January, 28, 2007 9:46 PM
What's Star Wars?

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Hikaru.EXE
User

on Sunday, January, 28, 2007 9:55 PM
Good one Traahn.

yes/no/yes/no
User

on Sunday, January, 28, 2007 11:38 PM
Traahn Wrote:What's Star Wars?

It's a series of cheesy sci-fi films that have captivated the attention of nerds everywhere for decades.

You facetious program. order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Traahn
User

on Sunday, January, 28, 2007 11:48 PM
In the world of , Star Wars does not compute...

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Sora.EXE
User

on Monday, January, 29, 2007 12:10 AM
In the WORLD of geekery, and Starwars DO compute!order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

yes/no/yes/no
User

on Monday, January, 29, 2007 12:33 AM
Tron is sweet, no doubt. But Star Wars has a different type of appeal. So, it's fine. The two can coexist, you know...

yes/no/yes/no
User

on Monday, January, 29, 2007 12:33 AM
Tron is sweet, no doubt. But Star Wars has a different type of appeal. So, it's fine. The two can coexist, you know...

Hikaru.EXE
User

on Monday, January, 29, 2007 1:19 AM
Yeah! Surplus! *begins feasting on yes/no/yes/no's double post*

mm delicious...

*with mouth full*

Both are geeky, but it depends on how obsessive you are about it. All humans love star wars. Geeks are familiar with the moons of Bogg, the history of Courascant, and the second name of planet Daan (Malida).

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Monday, January, 29, 2007 11:59 AM

I used to... before the three prequels came out, and Lucas had to go back and dink with the original films. Star Wars is a very important part of my childhood memories, but I just cringe to think what Lucas did to that whole series.

I can... still barely separate the first three from the last three abominations, but it still taints them in some way.

data_ghost
User

on Monday, January, 29, 2007 4:20 PM
dont worry there no prob with u talkin bout star wars. go on digicons at the top to see all of the TONS of emoticons that there are. i think epsodes 3 to 6 were the best. i dont see why people say that all of the later 3 were bad. the last one was A.W.E.S.O.M.E.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

My humble little internet slice. Visit, read, comment, and laugh (with, not at I hope...)

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Monday, January, 29, 2007 5:51 PM
data_ghost Wrote:i dont see why people say that all of the later 3 were bad.

1) The stories, scripting and dialogue stunk.
2) The acting and casting.
3) The special effects were actually not that great.
4) Jar-Jar.

Examples:

Episode One:
* The fact that Darth Vader built C-3PO. CHEESE!
* Anakin: "Wheeee!"

Episode Two:
* Anakin: "I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead, every single one of them. And not just the men, but the women and the children, too. They're like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals. I HATE THEM! "
* Anakin: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth. "

Episode Three:
* Vader: (and thus cementing the absolute LAMENESS that permeated throughout all films) "Nooooooooooooo!!!"

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Monday, January, 29, 2007 7:54 PM
data_ghost Wrote:...i think epsodes 3 to 6 were the best. i dont see why people say that all of the later 3 were bad. the last one was A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

I'm much more a fan of the original, original trilogy (before "special edition"). The original trilogy were incredible films - they were ground breaking for their time (and still today if you ask me), and really had an impact on me that lasted for a long, long time. I grew up on Star Wars. My favorite childhood toys were my Star Wars toys (which I still have most of). I wanted to BE Luke Skywalker. I had a HUGE crush on Princess Leia, as did all my friends.

I didn't care much for episodes 1-3. They failed to draw me in as the original trilogy did. They're not even in the same ballpark (or close) in my opinion.

I've met several younger people (not yet alive when the original trilogy was first out) who preferred 1-3 - some of which have never even seen 4-6. That's fine - I don't go telling people what they should like.

Boingo_Buzzard pretty much nailed some of what I thought was very weak about 1-3. Although I did enjoy Episode 3 far better than 1 and 2, it still fell far short of the original trilogy. Just my opinion.

Pulsewoman
User

on Tuesday, January, 30, 2007 12:05 AM
I'm totally with Todd here. The original (and by that, I mean the ones that were _made_ first; yes, I know they have higher numbers) three, BEFORE they were screwed with, are part of my _childhood_. Part of what I grew up on. I used to have some of the merchandising stuff (I still have a 1983 Return of the Jedi colouring book and my mom has Episode 4's soundtrack from 1977 on vinyl!) and my brother and I would act out little battles with the action figures...
After seeing "Return of the Jedi", we decided that hey, since we're brother and sister and I have brown hair while he's a blonde, we must "be" Luke and Leia and ran around the yard with sticks as "light-sabers" pretending to fight off bad guys. Seriously.

Princess Leia was like, probably my first female role-model when I was growing up. She was so cool--a woman who kicked butt and didn't bother to take names! (Her and Marion Ravenwood, from "Raiders of the Lost Ark".) I once had my friend do my hair up like hers at school and then willingly went around like that for the rest of the day (but then, I'm costume-happy, I just like doing that kind of thing.) And I remember seeing Empire Strikes Back in the theater when I was so little that the Imperial Walkers _scared_ me for some reason.

So I have very strong memories of those movies, but not only that, they're just _better_ than the newer ones. They have more...not to ground this cliche into the earth, but it's true--more _heart_. They feel more real, more like these are characters you can truly care about.
And dangit, I LIKE the oldschool special effects. I think they still look just _fine_ today. (I read an article once that said how the backlit-style lightsaber effects from the originals look "warmer" than the newer digital ones, and I agree. I'm also a fan of analog synths as in '80s music, but that's neither here nor there.) They're classic stories, told right. They don't NEED to be all full of the latest CGI techniques simply for the purpose of showing off your new toys (GEORGE), they're just _good_.
And naturally I have no trouble with oldschool special effects. I mean, look what board I'm posting this at! :P But really, there's such a thing as making something look _too_ polished, too smooth. I liked the gritter, more squared-off, rougher-edged look of the ships, buildings, etc. overall in Episodes 4-6. It just looked more...real. I also know lots of people who will _swear_ that model ships look better than CGI ones. Including me.

I still have VHS copies of episodes 4-6--_original_ editions--and I am going to keep them until the day they break. As for the new ones, my attitude is...eh. I might get 'em someday. When I'm not so busy. I admit, I like Episodes 2 and 3 more than most classic-era fans. 1, however...(shudders)

...Notoriouswhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

There are only two rules for success in life:

1. Never tell everything you know.

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, January, 30, 2007 7:37 PM
Pulsewoman Wrote:...I still have VHS copies of episodes 4-6--_original_ editions--and I am going to keep them until the day they break. As for the new ones, my attitude is...eh. I might get 'em someday. When I'm not so busy. I admit, I like Episodes 2 and 3 more than most classic-era fans. 1, however...(shudders)

...Notorious

I recently bought the original, original episodes 4-6 on DVD. I'm talking PRE-Special Edition! They're AWESOME!

If you're interested - look for the "Limited Edition" versions of these movies. MAKE SURE THAT you get the ones packaged separately (each film is sold separate) and NOT the ones sold together. ONLY the ones sold separately have the "bonus disc", which is actually the unaltered original theatrical film. Star Wars (the 1977 film) doesn't even have "Episode IV" in the crawl because it WASN'T there in 1977! I LOVE these things! Bought mine at Walmart, but I'm sure they're available elsewhere. Just be sure you get the ones with the "bonus disc" in them - or else you'll just end up with the Special Edition with crappy Christian Hayden at the end of ROTJ - PUKE!
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Tuesday, January, 30, 2007 9:01 PM
Pulsewoman Wrote: I also know lots of people who will _swear_ that model ships look better than CGI ones. Including me.

Absolutely. The "Derelict" ship in Alien was a masterpiece of modeling...as were all the original Star Wars films.

Something does have to be said for modern special effects too. For example, the Lord Of The Rings could not have been done as well as it was if it was limited to 1980's special effects techniques. That film, however, used them only where they needed to be used.

Episodes 1-3 of Star Wars used them in the wrong place. For example... Jar Jar. It was not done very well and in the end was not believable at all. Want to see how animation and live action blend well? Get out your old Mary Poppins VHS tape.. and that was from the 60's. Besides... Gollum in LOTR was 1000% more believable than Jar Jar.

In Episode 2, when Anakin was riding some beast or something... that was just fake beyond belief.

And in Episode 3... there was some scene where the character played by Christopher Lee did a forward flip... and I just remember thinking... man is this the best Lucas can do... REALLY?

So... modern special effects are great, but it has to be coupled with a competent director and someone who actually knows something about art direction. Lucas knows neither.
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Pulsewoman
User

on Wednesday, January, 31, 2007 12:09 AM

Oh, yeah, I have nothing against modern special effects when used right. I agree on the Lord of the Rings thing. I think that modern technology is helping us finally make really proper _fantasy_ movies based off of books, now, that we couldn't have done before. (See also the Harry Potter movies and Narnia.)
And I guess it helps some things in sci-fi, too--just, when used in moderation. (Well, when used in moderation _everywhere_, actually.) I don't mind when Babylon 5 has CGI spaceships, for example--it makes for weird, fluid, truly "alien" looking shapes, after all. But then, you see, B5 also has what we like to call _writing_, so I let them get away with more than the newer Star Wars movies.

But George Lucas needs to figure out the line between honestly enhancing a scene and just flat out _indulging_ himself with a new toy. Seriously.

...Notoriouson line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlinewhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

There are only two rules for success in life:

1. Never tell everything you know.

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Status Bar 
 Any Star Wars Fans here?