Status Bar 
 Any Star Wars Fans here?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
Traahn
User

Re: Any Star Wars Fans here?

on Wednesday, January, 31, 2007 12:12 AM
Want to see how animation and live action blend well? Get out your old Mary Poppins VHS tape...
Heyyyy, what are you promoting here? Other movies? Why not just go play to see how animation and live action blend well together...

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Wednesday, January, 31, 2007 9:40 AM
Pulsewoman Wrote:
But George Lucas needs to figure out the line between honestly enhancing a scene and just flat out _indulging_ himself with a new toy. Seriously.

I honestly don't see much in the way of movies coming out of him from now on. We'll see him fade back to businessman and running a tech shop for films.

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Wednesday, January, 31, 2007 9:43 AM
Traahn Wrote:
Heyyyy, what are you promoting here? Other movies? Why not just go play to see how animation and live action blend well together...

Hehhe, good point. I guess I was trying to furthur rip into Star Wars by pointing out that a 43 year old movie did better live action/animation than Episode One did.

Tron's still a young pup at only 25. OMG... this is Tron's 25'th anniversary year!!!

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Pulsewoman
User

on Wednesday, January, 31, 2007 10:11 AM

Yes, I noticed that! Well, we should wait until summer to celebrate, anyway. What was the actual original release date? I'm sure someone (or a _lot_ of people, perhaps) here would know...

Amusingly, the first time a song played all on synthesizers hit #1 on the main (American) Billboard charts...was also the summer of '82! Really. Tron in the theaters, futuristic music played on something with a microchip in it all over the radio...the computers were TAKING OVER, MAN...!

...wait, what am I saying "were"...

...Notoriousorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

There are only two rules for success in life:

1. Never tell everything you know.

Quill.exe
User

on Wednesday, January, 31, 2007 12:05 PM

Star Wars is fun, but I like it better in the Lego PS2 games. *snerks*

I would like to ditto with Boingo, TheReelTodd, and et al. The original, original series is the best. The Special Edition thing was okay, mostly because, hey! bigger, better explosions! But on the whole? Originals, by far.

As for 1-3. They're okay. I'm feeling magnanamous, so I'll give the guys props for trying. But they could have been done much, much better. Like, by having actual writing, and good special effects.

(See, now take Lord of the Rings. Those are some darn fine special effects. And you can't fault the writing, because Tolkien is a friggin' genius. (I may fault some of PJ's alterations, but, yeah.) Another movie with good FX? Pirates of the Caribbean.)

Oh, and there was Jar-Jar. Yeah. He needs to die, a lot, and often.

Of the "New Trilogy", I (quote, unqoute) "like" 3 the best, mostly because of the general sense of, "Whurr? Wait, the bad guys won?" at the end. That entertained me.

But...

Episode Three:
* Vader: (and thus cementing the absolute LAMENESS that permeated throughout all films) "Nooooooooooooo!!!"

Exactly.

- Quill

Gee, I hope my teammates don't show up. I'd hate to live through this.

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, January, 31, 2007 6:59 PM
What's your favorite Star Wars battle?

Mine is the battle on Hoth. It immediately blew me away in 1980 seeing it in our town's theatre, and I still love that one the best today!

I even STILL have my vintage snow speeder and Imperial Walker toys!

The prequel battles were very complex and full of action... but they really didn't do much for me. I remember thinking at times that I should be enjoying this, but it was just blah. The visual effects were seamless and full of flash... but didn't care for them much.

The original trilogy's battles, with their old-school model ships and superbly well-done choreography were amazing! Maybe the effects weren't perfect and they showed "seams" at times, but you just can't top that action and they did it with the equivalent of stone-age tools compared with all the power at a director's fingertips today.

I loved them all, but the battle of Hoth was my favorite!

Quill.exe
User

on Thursday, February, 01, 2007 10:23 AM
TheReelTodd Wrote:What's your favorite Star Wars battle?

Argh! Don't make me choooooose! o.O

Okay, um... Eh! I really can't pick! The Death Star battle in 4 was great, and the Battle of Hoth in 5, and the other Death Star battle in 6...

Erm... *brain cramp*

Okay. I'll say the Battle of Endor. Because seeing the little teddy bear-esque ewoks beating up Stormtroopers and their walkers/AT-ATs is just too fun.

Oh, and about Endor...

The Star Wars planet is named after J.R.R. Tolkien's Endor, the Elvish name of Middle-earth, probably an allusion to the similarity between Ewoks and Hobbits, or the moon's tall foliage and the mellyrn of Lothlórien.

I found that on Wikipedia, and it amused me mightly. Just thought I'd share.

- Quill

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Thursday, February, 01, 2007 10:32 AM
TheReelTodd Wrote:What's your favorite Star Wars battle?

Does the Falcon's escape from Hoth and subsequent asteroid sequence count as a battle?

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Thursday, February, 01, 2007 4:09 PM
I got the trilogy with the orignal theatrical relases on them for Christmas and love them.

Back in junior high is when I was pretty big into the films, then after than just kinda dropped out of it. I'm still a fan of the films, just not as big a fan as I was when I was a younger.

Nowadays I'm more into the artistic and technological elements of the films as well as all the droids. I love me some droids. Also enjoy looking at the concept art for the films, which is very influential.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, February, 01, 2007 6:49 PM

Regarding the Models vs. CGI argument. While I think CGI is coming close to achieving the realistic look of models, it's still not there yet.

I think about the closest I've seen any CGI come to looking as realistic, is the Vipers in the new Battlestar Galactica. They look really, really good. But there are still hints that let you know you're observing CGI.

Meanwhile, if you take the models in Star Wars . . . or how about Space 1999? The model work in Space 1999 was incredible for its time. Those models still look amazing, even today. The Eagles are works of art.

And then going even further back, 2001: A Space Odyssey had fantastic model work and production values. Some of the stuff you see in the film, is still believable. It looks so authentic.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Thursday, February, 01, 2007 6:58 PM
Quill.exe Wrote:Argh! Don't make me choooooose! o.O

I know - they're ALL awesome! I was just curious if any particular battle stuck out just a tad higher than the others in anyone's mind. Every battle sequence in the original trilogy is a joy ride and has me grinning ear to ear with excitement!

Boingo_Buzzard Wroteoes the Falcon's escape from Hoth and subsequent asteroid sequence count as a battle?

Absolutely - they had to fight their way out, didn't they?

Qix77
User

on Thursday, February, 01, 2007 9:47 PM
Luke... I am your Uncle Bob... Give in to the lite side of the brew... Together we can get kicked out of the bar as drunken Uncle and Nephew....

Yep... I saw "Empire Strikes Back" drunk again. lol....

Hikaru.EXE
User

on Thursday, February, 01, 2007 9:58 PM
Again? where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Thursday, February, 01, 2007 10:18 PM
Qix77 Wrote:Luke... I am your Uncle Bob... Give in to the lite side of the brew... Together we can get kicked out of the bar as drunken Uncle and Nephew....

Yep... I saw "Empire Strikes Back" drunk again. lol....

The brew is strong in this one.

Bar Wars... that would make a great parody. order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Traahn
User

on Friday, February, 02, 2007 2:16 AM
Not trying to divert the attention away from SW or anything, but has some nice battle sequences. Speaking of , has anyone watched it lately? Nothing like a dose of to complete one's day. I think I'll go watch a bit of right now and look up on imdb.com and read all about it. is really a cool movie.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Friday, February, 02, 2007 9:36 AM

If you stare at all those "Tron" graphics long enough, you can start to see a pony.

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Quill.exe
User

on Friday, February, 02, 2007 11:55 AM
Boingo_Buzzard Wrote:
If you stare at all those "Tron" graphics long enough, you can start to see a pony.

- Quillorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Pulsewoman
User

on Monday, February, 05, 2007 2:24 AM

Anyway, to answer the last question asked...I'm gonna go classic: First Death Star battle for me. Can't get much better than that.

If we're talking _smaller_, like, one-on-one, battles, then probably the Empire Strikes Back lightsaber duel. Although I consider that and the one in Return of the Jedi to kind of be two parts of the same thing, so I can't really choose between them...but, still, "No, Luke. _I_ am your father." is one of like THE most classic lines in all of cinema. So I guess I gotta vote for that one.

Big battles--first Death Star one, though. Yeah.

...Notoriouswhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

There are only two rules for success in life:

1. Never tell everything you know.

Darth Vegan
User

on Tuesday, May, 01, 2007 11:53 PM
oh, now you guys are speaking my language...actually, if you were speaking Ewok, Huttese, Mando'a, Bocce, Jawa, or Gungan you'd be speaking my language too, but I digress....although I suppose that goes a LONG way toward answering the question posed by the thread title, haha. As you can guess, I'm extremely obsessed with Star Wars. OBSESSED, I say. Probably unhealthily. Besides being able to speak, read, and write in several fictitious languages, I'm actually engrossed in Jedi studies (a curriculum actually exists, and extrmemly details and well put together, the assignments are way worse than anything I encountered in college haha)

Doesn't lessen my love for TRON any, don't worry! Can you imagine a crossover? oh my goodness...Jedi sucked into their computer terminals, using the Force to battle the MCP? Lightsabers vs disks!

NERD OVERLOAD! haha...order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

ssh
User

on Friday, May, 04, 2007 2:09 AM
Star Wars?
Count me in!

Although I must say up front that I'm a believer of the original trilogy (episode 4, 5 and 6). The "new" movies don't appeal at all to me.

But yes, I have always been a true fanatic

Which doesn't mean Tron is less of course (yay!)order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Status Bar 
 Any Star Wars Fans here?