General Discussion 
 TRON Screening This Sunday

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
johntron1
User

Re: TRON Screening This Sunday

on Wednesday, June, 20, 2007 4:38 PM
However, it's not clear what that connection was, because the moderators had to keep the questions going and didn't ask for details
Meaning to say, that the DVD commentary still holds.

Sorry for the confusion. I'm typing during my lunch break and don't have time to get everything right on the first try
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

DaveTRON
User

on Thursday, June, 21, 2007 1:10 AM
Regarding the Peter O'Toole story.

Having heard this story told by Steven several times I can tell you that Peter was approached to play Sark, but what he wanted to play was TRON. He met with Steven at the Beverly Hills Hotel and tried to convince Steven he could play TROn by leaping from furniture in his hotel room.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

DaveTRON

johntron1
User

on Thursday, June, 21, 2007 2:53 PM
Regarding the Peter O'Toole story.
Cool, straight from the source!
Much thanks for that clarification, Dave

And thanks too, for the Moderator, for fixing the messed-up formatting in my last post
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Brycea
User

on Thursday, June, 21, 2007 5:49 PM
johntron1 Wrote:
Okay, I find this interesting. Because according to the commentary on the DVD, Lisberger said that O'Toole was indeed under consideration to play Sark. So, was he joking in that commentary?

Here in San Francisco a few years back (prior to the release of the anniversary DVD) we were very fortunate to have Lisberger present TRON at the MOMA with questions and answers afterwards for the SF Film Society. There were perhaps only 100 people in attendance.

Lisberger volunteered the story about Peter O'Toole himself... In that telling of the story by Lisberger, O'Toole was to potentially play Tron. Lisberger met with O'Toole, as arranged by his agent, at O'Toole's hotel room in Hollywood. He said that O'Toole was very excited about the project and was fairly obviously hopped up on something (alcohol? drugs?), as he jumped back and forth between the two beds in the hotel room and stated rather emphatically; "On my tombstone I want two things listed; 'Lawrence Of Arabia', and 'TRON'!"

...a friend of mine who writes a zine (print only) "punk-punk", was there and wrote a short bit about it, I'll see if I can find the back issue.

Another tid-bit from that screening; the print wasn't excellent, which Lisberger applogized for, and encouraged us all to get the DVD when it comes out. The museum's projector's take-up reel was broken. Lisberger went into the projection room to find out what was wrong, and told the young man who was to do the projection that he should; "think digitally", and then showed him that by using his finger (a digit), the take-up reel would work just fine. The young guy had to spool the entire film himself with his finger as it played. It was a great chance to thank Lisberger for artistic output.

-Bryce
Thunderbird Theatre Company

johntron1
User

on Thursday, June, 21, 2007 8:14 PM
'Lawrence Of Arabia', and 'TRON'!
It's great that Peter O'Toole could spot the importance of Tron before it was made. Many movie reviewers didn't spot Tron's importance after it was made.

I'll see if I can find the back issue.
That would be cool.

"think digitally"
Funny anecdote
It's funnier because it's in step with Steven's comments at the Aero screening, pointing out that Tron's scenes combined analog and digital techniques

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 TRON Screening This Sunday