Lights went out on my Tron upright

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
RandomTask
User

on Wednesday, June, 27, 2007 9:26 PM
I just joined so hi everyone...

Ok, so I was playing my Tron machine last night, and everything was working fine. I noticed that the black light over the control panel was starting to flicker on the left side. It was really warm too. About 15 minutes later, all the lights went out on the machine. The marquee, the control panel, the light under the control panel, everything. However, the game, monitor, and sound worked just fine, though. Its only the lights that don't work anymore.

Soooooo, I took out the fluorescent black light that sits over the control panel and replaced it with the one just under the control panel. No lights. Then, I replaced the starter for the control panel light. Nothing.

Has anyone run into this problem before? Just playing along just fine and all the sudden, no lights? I'm hoping its not a short somewhere...I'll never find it then, because I'm no whiz when it comes to repairing electronics.

Suggestions are welcome.

Qix77
User

Re: Lights went out on my Tron upright

on Wednesday, June, 27, 2007 9:47 PM
Sounds like you may need to replace a fuse. My brother and I had a similar problem and it was a fuse issue. If not that, then you may have a cap problem with the powersupply, but I would figure that if that was to happen then you wouldn't hear any sound.

If you have a multi meter, then check each fuse to see if one is blown. If so, find out what fuse it is (it should be located on metal part of the fuse). If you can't identify the fuse, check the manual and find it's location in the schematics.

I hope this helps..

Qix77
User

on Wednesday, June, 27, 2007 9:51 PM
Oh... One more thing. If you do replace it and it keeps burning out, let me know and I'll ask my brother. It happens a lot on old pinball machines and some video games. Sometimes this can be due to an old power supply, but there are other cases in which this can happen.

Also, if you get a chance, my brother has a site that may have some information on the game. http://www.popbumper.comorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

RandomTask
User

on Thursday, June, 28, 2007 12:23 AM
Hey thanks for the help. I'll have to check my Tron manual pdf to see where the fuses are, because I have no idea...Hopefully, its just a fuse. That sounds like an easy fix, no?where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Qix77
User

on Thursday, June, 28, 2007 4:10 AM
No prob.. Come and talk to us often.. We really like new folk.. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

RandomTask
User

on Thursday, June, 28, 2007 2:32 PM
Replacing the burnt fuse restored light to the marquee and the light behind the MCP picture. But no light under the control panel. Should I go ahead a replace all the fuses to see if the other lights turn on?

RandomTask
User

on Thursday, June, 28, 2007 3:48 PM
Well, I replaced the rest of the fuses, and still no lights above or below the control panel. Next, I tested the black light in the marquee light fixture because I know that one works, and the black light lit up. So, now I'm thinking it must be something to do with the ballast. But why would a ballast cause two lamps not to work? Doesn't each lamp have it's own ballast? Could the fuse have blown the two ballasts?

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Thursday, June, 28, 2007 6:05 PM
RandomTask Wrote:I just joined so hi everyone...

Greetings, RandomTask and welcome to TRON-Sector!

I'm sorry to hear about your recent TRON machine lighting trouble. It sounds like Qix77 has you on the right track back to a fully lit game. He's good with stuff like that.

Man - I'd LOVE to have my own TRON machine! I haven't played the real thing in at least 20 years. There's just nothing like holding the real game controls and experiencing it in the original black light-lit, glowing cabinet and glowing trigger stick. Great memories on that machine of greatness!

A couple of threads you may want to hit are:

What's with your name?

And...

Don't forget to PING in every time you have yourself Another dose of TRON

I think you'll enjoy your time here at The Sector

Qix77
User

on Thursday, June, 28, 2007 6:36 PM
That is a good question. It could be the fixture itself. I know that me and my brother replaced the entire florescent fixtures in both areas with cheap ones we found at Wal-Mart.... but we do so many mods to the machine since we bought it broken and it has been a long time.

I'll go ask him next time I see him about this. where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

RandomTask
User

on Thursday, June, 28, 2007 8:01 PM
Hey I'm appreciating all the help.

I'm wondering if I can replace the ballast/fixture without soldering?

I also just have a sneaky feeling its not the ballasts/fixtures since 2 of them quit working at the same time. Is that the right way of thinking? Can two die at the same time?

RandomTask
User

on Thursday, June, 28, 2007 9:11 PM
Ok, well guess what? Tron lives! I replaced one last fuse that I missed earlier, replaced the starter under for the black light under the control panel, and put the black light in above the control panel. I switched the machine on and everything works!

But I have to say, I think the wooden cabinet housing this thing is on its last leg. The door that reveals the electronics on the back no longer fits and the screws holding the main side walls together are pulling apart. Every time I have to turn the machine, open the control panel, or replace a component, something chips away or flakes off. It literally falls apart in my hands! I wish there was a way to tighten the cabinet up. because if I have to move, it may not survive the trip!

Thanks again for all the help!where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Wm6929
User

on Saturday, June, 14, 2008 8:42 PM
I know this is a old post.

But I need to respond just the same.

Concerning the Lights in a Tron upright, or any simular upright. Check the starter first. They are the first to go out. Then check your fuses. Ballast are the last to consider.
One one tron, I replaced all of the ballasts with something I found at Lowes. I did not solder anything but used wire nuts, and replaced them in no time.

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Saturday, June, 14, 2008 8:57 PM
Wm6929 Wrote:I know this is a old post.

But I need to respond just the same.

Concerning the Lights in a Tron upright, or any simular upright. Check the starter first. They are the first to go out. Then check your fuses. Ballast are the last to consider.
One one tron, I replaced all of the ballasts with something I found at Lowes. I did not solder anything but used wire nuts, and replaced them in no time.

Greetings, Wm6929 and welcome to TRON-Sector!

I know that technically, you're not new here as you've been a member for 8 years, almost to the day. I still felt a welcome was in order though. And happy rez-day tomorrow!

A little late with the technical advice, but better late than never. Others may encounter this problem and your advice will be here to benefit them in their research.

I hope you'll join us in conversation a little more often in the future.

A couple of threads you may want to hit are:

What's with your name?

And...

Don't forget to PING in every time you have yourself Another dose of TRON

I think you'll enjoy your time here at The Sector

Wm6929
User

on Monday, June, 16, 2008 2:26 AM
I know that technically, you're not new here as you've been a member for 8 years, almost to the day

how in the hell did I do that?order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade