TRON: LEGACY 
 TRON Sequel gets Kosinski on Board

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 6 PagesNextLast
DaveTRON
User

Re: TRON Sequel gets Kosinski on Board

on Tuesday, September, 11, 2007 4:43 PM
lurkinghorror Wrote:Lisberger is a co-producer and Dave didn't know? And with this news coming right after the announcement that Lisberger is working on something else?

I'm very skeptical about the veracity of this information.

Let's just say that a Producer friend of mine has a wait and see attitude.

Keep in mind this has been given a story greenlight at least 6 times in the past 4 years.

Wait until cast gets attached and filming actually starts before you get too excited.

DaveTRON

The PimpDragon
User

on Tuesday, September, 11, 2007 4:47 PM
I'm with your producer friend, DaveTRON. I'll wait until casting starts happening.

Now, I will say that the thought of Lost writers being involved is very much TEH AWESOME.

But, I won't hold my breath on this one. I will remain optimistic, but will definitely not be betting the farm on it happening.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

lurkinghorror
User

on Tuesday, September, 11, 2007 5:20 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:
lurkinghorror Wrote:Lisberger is a co-producer and Dave didn't know? And with this news coming right after the announcement that Lisberger is working on something else?

I'm very skeptical about the veracity of this information.

Let's just say that a Producer friend of mine has a wait and see attitude.

Keep in mind this has been given a story greenlight at least 6 times in the past 4 years.

Wait until cast gets attached and filming actually starts before you get too excited.

Oh, I'm right in line with that sort of thinking. But I was ready to dismiss the entire thing as rumor. Interesting to see it has some truth to it.

DaveTRON
User

on Tuesday, September, 11, 2007 5:38 PM
Oh the things I'd love to share here.

Someday.

I've gotten so many peeks into the behind the scenes, and I have read all of the stories presented from Futurebowl (First version of what became TRON) all the way to the last TRON 2 treatment Steven did. It's only the last two stalled versions and the current one that I haven't seen.

I know which film I'd like to see, and I bet I never do.

I'm more excited about Soul Code because I know my friend is going to make a kick ass film.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

DaveTRON

atarirob
User

on Tuesday, September, 11, 2007 5:53 PM
well this story must have a lot of steam behind it. I found a link about the sequel on drudgereport.comorder abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, September, 11, 2007 6:26 PM

It looks like this latest news may have some legs to it? That's encouraging.

DaveTRON Wrote:I know which film I'd like to see, and I bet I never do.
However, this is not. So you think that they won't be using any of Steven's stories, and will start over from scratch?

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Tuesday, September, 11, 2007 6:51 PM

Too bad they can't get James Cameron to do a sequel. He did a fantastic job with two sequels where a considerable amount of time happened between the first and second films.(Terminator 2 and Aliens)

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Compucore
User

on Tuesday, September, 11, 2007 6:58 PM
Sounding like one of those guys using the morsed code to let Kia purity know that there may be a sequel of tron. I'll see it when it comes more confirmed.

KiaPurity Wrote:Wait, what? O_o

I feel like I missed something, need more information on this. :U

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, September, 11, 2007 7:19 PM
First off - thank you Avi and User Hastin for being the first to share this news with us. And thank you TronFAQ for being quick with a front page posting about it so that TRON fans everywhere will get wind of it!

I've actually seen this story posted on a handful of nerd-friendly websites since reading it here in the forums early this morning. It seems there are a lot of TRON fans out there (besides us) who would just love to see a TRON sequel.

I am one of those fans, BUT I am a little cautious. As much as I'd love a TRON sequel, I'm worried about whether or not they'd do it right (or what I feel doing it right is). I can't remember who stated it but I agree with the possibility that they may go way overboard with the special effects and make the graphics way too intricate. That is not what TRON is about - not to me anyway. With any luck, should this get off the ground, the animators will find a look that remains true to the original look AND can also hold the interest of today's movie audiences. And Flynn, Alan, and Yori had better be in there - ORIGINAL cast members only.

As DaveTRON pointed out, TRON projects have risen in the past only to fizzle out before any major preproduction work gets done.

For now, I'm excited about the news and hoping for the best.

Daddyo
User

on Tuesday, September, 11, 2007 7:42 PM
Avi Wrote:Worst case scenario:

The entire movie takes place in the REAL WORLD!

Maybe your hitting on a idea, bring out the programs for 1/2 the story. But it's probably already here in the forum somewhere...

Back in the 80's people were generally WAY more ignorant about what a computer could/could not do than today, so they're going to have to add some meat to it to make it plausable as to how programs can have a life of their own, and how we (and they?) get in/out of a system. I don't think a laser digitizer is going to fly anymore, but you probably don't want to do a matrix either. But given it'll be PG they can probably get away with a method that young people might buy & spark their imagination, and older folks teeter on the possibility.

I think the environmental visuals don't have to be "blocky" or coarsely geometric anymore either, you can make really great looking fully rendered geometric worlds that would be very modern (not smooth & "realistic") and represent the advance in today's technology. Loaded with math art - even use fractal landscapes...

Hope it goes for the sake of younger kids. I don't think it will be a flop if done contemporarily, since everyone is "wired-in" to computers these days compared to then, therefore everyone could relate to something in the movie, be it work, video games, computer dating, chat, torrents.

If the movie refers to the prior Tron, I think because of the dramatic update it should only hint upon it (for the sake of the original fans), standing alone as a movie. I wouldn't call it Tron 2 either, if Tron isn't in it, and to make it sound like a concept revolutionized.

Then again, maybe they should hand it off and do a heavy R-rated war flick?? jk

KiaPurity
User

on Tuesday, September, 11, 2007 8:19 PM
As I thought more about this, it kinda does make sense...

What with Disney sneaking a 25th Anniversary Tron pin at Disney World. I totally missed the thread about this before my trip to Disney World and only found out about it at Disney World like, a day before it was released because of my gut feeling.

Still, it's always a wait and see 'cause I'm really curious to see where this is going.

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Jademz
User

on Tuesday, September, 11, 2007 8:22 PM
Man, this is great news, I hope the reel get's rollin!

Red5
User

on Tuesday, September, 11, 2007 10:43 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

Red5, you really are the eternal pessimist.

And it can't be a remake if it's "the next chapter" in the story of Tron. Hell, right at the top of the article: the subtitle is "Kosinski will program Disney sequel". Or did you miss that?

No, I didn't, and it doesn't matter. The story is not 100% confirmed, and regardless of what the sub-heading says, I imagine any new Tron film would be a remake.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Nikster
User

on Wednesday, September, 12, 2007 1:23 AM
Red5 Wrote:
If anything, it will be a remake. I mean, how many Hollywood movie sequels do you know have been made to much fanfare when the original was a flop? I hope nothing comes of it, to be honest. All Hollywood seems to do at the moment is churn out prequels, sequels and remakes.

Long live Tron 1982!

One movie that comes to mind is the first Austin Powers. It was not really a success till it went to video.

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Traahn
User

on Wednesday, September, 12, 2007 3:07 AM
There's a 68.71% chance the Hollywood Reporter is right. End of line.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Qix77
User

on Wednesday, September, 12, 2007 4:00 AM
Ok.. I've been lurking around enough...

Before I get excited about this, something just doesn't seem right. I can't place my finger on it.... well.. then again, I've been through all this before... Remember 'ain't it cool' posted an article similar to this oh-so-many-years-ago..

I hope that I'm wrong... I pray that I'm wrong because I want a sequel sooooooooooooooooo bad.

lurkinghorror
User

on Wednesday, September, 12, 2007 5:25 AM
I was skeptical at first, but it seems to be legitimate.

The thing that's important to remember is that 99.9 percent of projects do not go past this stage. As Dave says, this has happened 6 other times in the last 4 years.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

laphtiya
User

on Wednesday, September, 12, 2007 8:07 AM
Euphemizm Wrote:
The old rasterize graphic look will be easy to recreate in 3d ( I know since I do that for a living) but the temptation for studios to "overdo" the CG and lose the original feel will be highly likely.

More than likely, we've all seen in movies how they just CGI everything until it has lost any real meaning and the studios are basically saying "Look at what we can do with computers!" Tron will suffer from this more than any other movie out to date seeing as alot of Tron takes place inside the digital world I can see directors and producers fighting over there "VISION" of Tron.

I would expect the following:

1) Programs look completely different more "cooler" (as the studio will say) and way more complex looking than they did in the original. Probably using the excuse that this is how programs look now. And I doubt we'll see any original Tron like programs.

2) The computer world will be completely over the top. Colours everywhere things moving around in complex and eye catching ways. Alot of in your face animation, more than likely done to drag your attention away from the crappy actors that they'll get for this movie.

3) As said above they'll probably spend so much on CGI that they cant afford decent actors and just get anyone who can remember a script to act (even if its bad acting).

4) Things like Light Cycles, recognizers will just be things which we see or hear in the background dropped in at suttle points to keep the fans happy.

All said and done, I am waiting to see or read something that lets us know the general feel and look fo the movie. I am expecting something similar to Transformers where they promised Gen 1 fans that it will be True to the original to build up the fan base, and then pull back the sheets to reveal a completely disfigured and completely different look, story and feel to it (even though Transformers was good).
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

zorbee
User

on Wednesday, September, 12, 2007 9:15 AM
I hope Jessica Alba's in it. she is so smexy.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Jeric Hikari
User

on Wednesday, September, 12, 2007 9:39 AM
Wait and see, yes...thats the operative mode right now.

I WANT to hope that since it has such a widespread following amongst the technophiles out there that despite standard practise of focusing on purdy rather than good acting we'll get something that we'll enjoy despite studio's best efforts.

As to the question of total CGI(including actors) for the 'inside the computer' bits I'm a bit torn on the issue. Yes it would show just how different thigns are, and yes people wearing silly looking outfits would look...well...silly in a modern movie. Its just that CGI, so far as i can tell, doens't rightly capture a person's face. Oh it'll come close if you use a render farm and want to spend enough money, but it won't do exactly what you want. So why not bluescreen things with just the hands/heads of the actors visable with the rest covered by blue bodysuits? Could work I suppose. If nothing else do that for whoever the User is gong to be to show just how different and or complex he/she/they is(are) from standard computer progs.

Cheapie TheatreGot five minutes to kill? Want to read a story? Here ya go.

FirstPrevious Page: of 6 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 TRON Sequel gets Kosinski on Board